• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pain relief

D-Lats

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I'm starting to really feel the effects of years of heavy training on my joints and tendons. I've started running some deca at 300 mg a week to get a little lubrication. I'm wondering what else everyone likes to use for pain? I dont really want To get on the perks or anything too hard on the guts. Any suggestions would be great if its OTC or something from a sponsor or alternative online pharm. Thanks guys!

you may wanna do 600 a week to even notice the lub effect bro...

you only 220 or so when injecting 300 a week.

other than that i take glucosamine and chondroitin supps.

It's a pain but ice works wonders.

Many advanced lifters swear by it.

When was the last time you took 7-14 days off from the gym or even reduced the number of days you go?

Here's what I usually do, it might help:

I'll do an 8 week blast, then take 10-14 days off keeping my calories about the same. I will then go to the gym only 3 times a week for 12 weeks or so. Once I get ready to blast again it's another 8 weeks and 4 days a week.

It helps with the mental grind and also allows for some healing and much needed rest. It also helps keep the LBM you have without having to kill yourself 365 days a year.

At my age and the years I've put in it really seems to help a lot. As long as you keep up on the diet and do 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week you won't lose anything. I can't go more than 8 weeks at a time without being totally fried unless I'm cutting, then I just stop training and keep up the cardio.

Believe it or not your body needs a lot of rest. The older we get the slower the recovery.........unless you're using GH.

Good luck.

Thanks guys! CT I try and take a week every 2 months just for some much needed r&r. But I am on cycle right now and making huge gains, also getting ready for the I'm challenge. I am a month into a new lifting cycle aswell 2 weeks heavy to failure and one week 100 for 100. I will start the ice asap but do you think it's smart to take a week off during a cycle?

Doc has me on Vicodin 10mg twice daily for neck pain due to an old rugby injury (disc degenerative disease on cervical C5 & C6). It does help with occassional joint pain/stiffness too as does a little Deca. Of course, if I abuse it, I will run out early and build a tolerance so I've made sure to take it as prescribed and it offers some relief. Also, nothing quite like sitting in a hot jacuzzi to relax everything.

Thanks guys! CT I try and take a week every 2 months just for some much needed r&r. But I am on cycle right now and making huge gains, also getting ready for the I'm challenge. I am a month into a new lifting cycle aswell 2 weeks heavy to failure and one week 100 for 100. I will start the ice asap but do you think it's smart to take a week off during a cycle?

Maybe try and just cut down on the volume for a week or two. Insted of doing 4-5 sets just do 2. It's called de-loading. It helps with the CNS and burn out. That might be an option.

I'll do an 8 week blast, then take 10-14 days off keeping my calories about the same. I will then go to the gym only 3 times a week for 12 weeks or so. Once I get ready to blast again it's another 8 weeks and 4 days a week.

I do something very similar to this^^^

...and it does work wonders for overall recovery.

I also take time off when I need it. If you are run down your body may need some time to recover. I like CT's post.

Time off would be your best bet, as stated above. Give your body a rest

-T

Well looks like a long weekend and a bag of ice are in order. Thanks guys you all know what it's like when things are going good it's so hard to force yourself to take a break. Guess I just needed a little kick in the ass to realize.

IML Gear Cream!
Try Arnica tabs and gel.I don't know much about many things- but soreness and joint pain is something I am well vesred in. Happens with age ( me-not you) It is OTC- cheap and worth a try. Just thought I would toss it out there.Luck

Deca sure, but it's not going to make your tendons and ligaments any younger. Time to start listening to your body, take a good dose of Omega-3's 2x a day, and a couple aspirin... Yea kind of back to basics but aspirin is on of the few natural anti-inflammitor's that are legal, plus they are good for your heart and blood circulation. Get used to taking them. Garden of Life make supreme fish oils mercury free

Another thing... I have had some experience with Oriental medicine, I'm fight mma and my joints have taken a beating from grappaling and submissions. The gave me this that and the other thing an I was back in no time. Plus a little time off never hurts, I know it's hard though haha

Well looks like a long weekend and a bag of ice are in order. Thanks guys you all know what it's like when things are going good it's so hard to force yourself to take a break. Guess I just needed a little kick in the ass to realize.

Perhaps its a warning sign and if you keep pushing it you may tear something you really wish you didn't.

How about some peptides to help with the tendon/ligament issues?

Sounds interesting any recommendations? I'm going to start message aswell. Work pays for it so why not.

1GF-1(LR3 or DES) seems to work VERY well. Some users report that problems/pains they've had for years go away completely after 1 cycle.

You should check up GMO's log, a lot of good info. Also PM TwisT, he will be able to tell you everything you need to know.

Cissus Quadrangularis

It's often sold for weight reduction but it does have healing properties and an anti-inflammatory effect. It helped me get rid of tendonitis alongside ice and rest.

I've taken it on and off enough times to know that it absolutely does ease soft tissue/joint pain for me.

IML Gear Cream!
Shit I need to get under your health care plan!! Lol lucky dog

1GF-1(LR3 or DES) seems to work VERY well. Some users report that problems/pains they've had for years go away completely after 1 cycle.

You should check up GMO's log, a lot of good info. Also PM TwisT, he will be able to tell you everything you need to know.

Yes, this is true, but sometimes all you need is some rest. I would try taking a few days off before injecting myself with IGF.

Not necessarily Simultaneously only cause taking a fist full of different things can upset your stomach, and besides aspirin should be taken with food to protect the lining of your stomach... Other then that I don't see a problem with it, unless you know something I don't.

Ya Big. I had a medical professional tell me that if you take fish oil and aspirin or fish oil and ephedrine, you're asking for a life threatening bleed. I don't mean at the same time just in your body at the same time. Know what I mean?

This is for injuries
R.I.C.E
Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate

But for pain Ice is good of course like everyone is saying BUT a Hot Epsom Salt bath works wonders! Epsom Salt is OTC at CVS, Walgrees and some super markets. Its a couple of bucks for like a few pounds. But as far as a quick pain relief I use Tramadol. Its doesnt have any acetaminophen and doesnt effect my GI tract.

i actually incorporate IGF (either DES 1,3 or LR3) into all of my pcts for this very reason. after getting after it for 12-16 wks while on cycle i feel like at the end i have several aches and pains whether it be tendons or actual muscle tissue. the igf does wonders for me. after about a week or two i dont even feel them. its peptide magic. rest surely doesnt hurt to try nor does ice but if u need another alternative hit up Twist and get urself some IGF you may just find a new best friend...i did!

I got this aswell.
Took a week off to let the pain subside.
Been running
Deca 400mg Ew
EQ 400mg EW

Which has helped joints, heal and strengthen.
I broke my ankle in 5 places when i was a kid.
When i squatted or went for a long run it would click to the point it causes me a great deal of pain and couldn't continue without doing some real damage and leave me with a great deal of pain for weeks afterwards.
5 weeks of Deca and EQ and haven't heard it click once.

As CT said ice works very well on area's for me after workout.
Before workout i put some "Deep Heat" on the area and do a lot of stretches and some light weights to get the muscle ready.
So far no injuries or pain.

Back