Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Godzilla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

Arrow Godzilla

I have not seen one of the old black and white Godzilla movies in years. They used to be on about every weekend when I was growing up.

Gareth Edwards on Godzilla: "We Want to Stay True to the Fanbase"
    Over at Empire Online, writer/director Gareth Edwards has revealed a little bit more regarding his new take on Godzilla.

As Edwards explains it, the moment he was first asked about helming the modern updating of Godzilla somehow seemed destined. "When I got the call from my agent," he says, "I was in my bedroom and right in front of me by my DVD player was the 1954 Godzilla. He asked, 'Are you a fan?' And I said, 'Yeah, I'm looking at him right now.' It was incredible.

"The thing that’s so interesting is that Godzilla has evolved since the original one in the ‘50s," Edwards said, "so there is the opportunity to bring it up to date. But we want to stay true to the fanbase as well and I’m a fan of the Toho films. Everyone's got a very strong opinion about Godzilla and what it should be."

Gareth Edwards on Godzilla: "We Want to Stay True to the Fanbase"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

Is This The First Look at GODZILLA?

Is This The First Look at GODZILLA?

Legendary Pictures is rebooting GODZILLA with Gareth Edwards (Monsters) to direct and DavidGoyer (BatmanBegins) is writing the screenplay. But will the powerful monster be CGI or a man in a rubber suit?

Last time Godzilla got the Hollywood treatment was in 1998 when Roland Emmerich (Independence Day) and SONY created a film that hardly resembled anything that fans were accustomed to. The star, Godzilla looked nothing like he usually does. Is as though they took the name Godzilla and slapped a Jurassic Park look to the film.

As for the reboot that Legendary Pictures is working on, infamouskidd's source is reporting that creature sculptor, Hector Arce's design of Godzilla is the blueprint. Even more exciting is that Legendary is rumored to be going with a rubber suited Godzilla instead of all CGI creation. How great is that?

Our source in the know on the new look of Godzilla sent us off in the direction of Hector A. Arce, a creature/fantasy sculptor, who we’ve been told is part of the design team for Legendary’s film, primarily because this version of Godzilla is based on a sculpt he did of Godzilla quite some time ago. Legendary’s roll-out of GODZILLA concept art at Comic-Con back in 2010 was based on his design, and, even with a few tweaks here and there, I’m hearing that the final approved version of Godzilla shouldn’t look that drastically different from this:

Pictures courtesy of infamouskidd.com

The bigger question though is – how will Godzilla be brought to the screen? Will it be another CGI creation? Will we be lucky to get an old-school rubber suit? I’m hearing that the plan, as it stands now, is for Godzilla to actually be in the flesh, with someone filling a rubber suit for Godzilla’s return. The head will be controlled by animatronics, and any touch-ups needed for the final film will then fall upon CGI.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Hannibal Smith in a 1980's swamp monster knock-off maybe?

I just saw one of those A-Team episodes the other night on BET....
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I like the Godzilla sushi roll...

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ExLe View Post

never had one what's in it?
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Indeed!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    never had one what's in it?

Godzilla Roll - Sushi Day - Sushiday.com

I have them add creme cheese...

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Godzilla Roll - Sushi Day - Sushiday.com

I have them add creme cheese...
    game on!
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

Godzilla Gets the Criterion Treatment

Godzilla Gets the Criterion Treatment

While Godzilla prepares for his big screen American makeover, Criterion has also been working on an ultimate Blu-ray/DVD release of the original 1954 film to star the Big G, which will be released on January 24, 2012.
    Beyond the best transfer of Godzilla to disc yet, the Criterion version will include the following extras:

*New high-definition digital restoration (with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition)

*Audio commentary by David Kalat (A Critical History and Filmography of Toho’s Godzilla Series)

* New high-definition digital restoration of Godzilla, King of the Monsters, Terry Morse’s 1956 reworking of the original, starring Raymond Burr

* Audio commentary for Godzilla, King of the Monsters by Kalat

* New interviews with actor Akira Takarada (Hideto Ogata), Godzilla performer Haruo Nakajima, and effects technicians Yoshio Irie and Eizo Kaimai

* Interview with legendary Godzilla score composer Akira I[frick]ube

* Featurette detailing Godzilla’s photographic effects

* New interview with Japanese-film critic Tadao Sato

* The Unluckiest Dragon, an illustrated audio essay featuring historian Greg Pflugfelder describing the tragic fate of the fishing vessel Daigo [frick]uryu maru, a real-life event that inspired Godzilla

* Theatrical trailers

* New and improved English subtitle translation

* PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic J. Hoberman

i am KING you are peasant
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

SOB when i saw this i emediatly thought of the nissan GTR aka godzilla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

Legendary Pictures Hires Max Borenstein To Pen Godzilla Remake

Legendary Pictures Hires Max Borenstein To Pen Godzilla Remake

Kaiju beware! The King of Monsters is gearing up for a city stomping, tail slapping, atomic breath powered return to the big screen. Details after the jump.

Source: THR

Max Borenstein (The Seventh Son) has been tapped to write the planned remake of Godzilla. He currently wrote screenplay for Seventh Son for Legendary which is currently in pre-production. Apparently,the brass at Legendary are so impressed with his work that he's being given the responsibility to kickstart a potential tentpole franchise for the company. Sounds risky to me, seeing as he virtually has no other credits to his name unless you count writing a litany of films that were later re-written by others. Time will tell if that trend of near misses continues here or if this is indeed Mr. Borensstein's big brake.

Gareth Edwards, the director of the indie sci-fi movie Monsters, is attached to direct the Legendary Pictures film. WarnerBros. will distribute through Legendary.

David Goyer (TheDarkKnight)worked on the last version of the script. It's currently unclear as to whether this will be a brand new script or simply a reworking of Goyer's efforts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

KAPOW '12: Gareth Edwards Offers GODZILLA Update; Nacho Vigalondo Talks SUPERCROOKS

"It's going great and I'm genuinely excited about it. We're just working really hard with Legendary, who have been fantastic. Thomas Tull has just been an absolute pleasure and nothing like the experience they warn you about when you go to Hollywood. I can't say much other than I hope that we'll have some proper news soon. So you won't have to wait too long at all."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I used to love all the old Godzilla movies. That remake they did in the 90's was treacherous. I hope they do it right this time.
    http://www.ironmaglabs.com/banners/Osta728.gif

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

Legendary Picture's GODZILLA Begins Casting! Starting with Aaron Shang!

The nuclear titan is finally showing signs of radioactivity from the depths, with the scripting finished and the production date rolling up very soon, casting is now called into play.

Joining the cast of Legendary Picture's Godzilla is Aaron Shang! Assigned to be a character known as Carl Takahashi within the movie.

A bit of a background detail upon the actor himself:

Date of Birth
    5 August 1996, USA

Beginning in the early 2000's, Aaron has appeared in numerous Chinese, American, and British
    film and TV productions; he is also a descendant of China's most prominent family in entertainment and media. Though best known for his co-starring role in the award-winning Chinese historical drama show "Three Kingdoms", Shang has also appeared in numerous international feature films as supporting or minor characters, while also contributing to several productions as a musician.

Aaron is the youngest descendant of the prominent Shang family in Chinese media, and is the only member of his generation yet to publicly announce a career in entertainment.

Avid supporter of international humanitarian efforts. In 2010, Aaron traveled to Southeast Asia with his family to establish education for children in several rural villages.

Films and Shows:
    Three Kingdoms as Sima Yan
    Good Luck Charlie as Willy Zhang
    Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame as shaizi
    Entourage as Willie Lee
    Gary Unmarried
    Curse of the Golden Flower

Nominations:
    Best Supporting Actor for Three Kingdoms in 2010 along side Hao Chen
    Award: Hundred Flowers Award

While he's been seen within these medias, it appears that finding any pictures of the actor are surprisingly slim. Then again since he hasn't publicly announced himself and his career, then its probably intentional for whatever reason the actor has decide it upon.

With him being cast into GODZILLA(2014), and given his roles being mostly of Supporting Characters from his past workings. Its best to conclude that Aaron Shang will not be the top lead character, or among the top leading characters until stated or announced otherwise by Legendary Picture's themselves. While we may not know his role, he'll most likely be assigned a supporting character role within the film to help flesh out the main character(s). (Whoever he or she, or they may be).

Well that's all for now, the beast is still moving through the watery void, and radiation levels are steadily building. As 2012 comes to close, continue to keep a look out for this monstrous movie. We might get a few more interesting details before the reign of 2013 begins.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Rep Points

IDW has more than one Godzilla comic books being published now. Wonderful stories and stunning artwork.