• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Arnold Is Back! Schwarzenegger to Play 'The Governator' in New TV Series

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Arnold Is Back! Schwarzenegger to Play 'The Governator' in New TV Series

attachment.php

Snarky journalists have been calling Arnold Schwarzenegger the "Governator" for nearly a decade, and there's no doubt the movie-star-turned-California-governor has often wished he were a superhero during his nearly seven years in office. (Pow! Bam! Take that, budget deficit!) So his next career move isn't too surprising: He's going to be the voice of an animated superhero named -- you guessed it -- The Governator in a new TV series set to debut in 2012.

Turns out this former action hero always liked the nickname. "When I ran for governor back in 2003 and I started hearing people talking about the 'Governator,' I thought the word was so cool," Schwarzenegger, 63, tells Entertainment Weekly in his first interview since leaving office. "The word 'Governator' combined two worlds: the world of politics and the movie world. And (this cartoon) brings everything together. It combines the governor, the Terminator, the bodybuilding world, the True Lies..."
Scwarzenegger will be teaming up with renowned comic icon, Stan Lee, for a comic book that goes along with the show, too. According to EW, the character will be based partly on Schwarzenegger's actual post-governor life with his wife Maria Shriver and their four kids. The fictional part? He's also a superhero, and under his house, there's a high-tech, crime-fighting Arnold Cave. "I love the idea of a control center below my house with a path so that boats and submarines can go right into the ocean," he tells the magazine. (For video of Schwarzenegger discussing the project, go to EW's facebook page.)

Since leaving office in January, life must seem pretty good to the one-time body builder. He never had an easy time of it during his contentious years in public office. Fighting nonstop with state senators, he wasn't able to keep California from slipping further into debt. But now he's fielding movie offers, including one for Terminator 5. And he gets to be the Governator he always wanted to be -- with no pesky lawmakers getting in his way!

Read More Arnold Schwarzenegger Is 'The Governator' in Animated TV Series - iVillage

Terminator 5, I'm not sure Arnold has the physique for that anymore.

lol could be epic failure
i enjoyed ferrigno's role on king of queens, but that was in small doses

Schwarzenegger Becomes Bodybuilding Batman in Stan Lee's Governator

Schwarzenegger Becomes Bodybuilding Batman in Stan Lee's Governator

By Tom Goldman
March 31, 2011

Arnold Schwarzenegger's nickname of "Governator" is no longer just a joke, with Stan Lee turning it into a comic book and television series.

By day, Arnold Schwarzenegger is a bodybuilder turned actor turned California governor with an exhausting-to-type last name. By night, he's the same things, except in Stan Lee's upcoming comic book and animated series Governator where he's also a high-tech crime fighter.

governator-comic.jpg

Schwarzenegger says Governator will combine the world of politics with the Terminator, bodybuilding, and movies. The main character will use personal aspects of Schwarzenegger's real life, such as his wife Maria Shriver, but add a crime-fighting center underneath his Brentwood, California home.

The Schwarzenegger version of the Batcave will house multiple super vehicles, a closet of "super suits" that give him special powers (such as flight), and a team of crime-fighting experts like 13-year-old computer whiz and cybersecurity expert Zeke Muckerberg. I don't even want to go into the scandal that could arise from the public finding out Arnold Schwarzenegger keeps a 13-year-old in his basement.

Schwarzenegger says: "I love the idea of a control center below my house with a path so that boats and submarines can go right into the ocean." Who wouldn't? Governator will also feature silly supervillains such as the G.I.R.L.I.E. Men, or the Gangsters Impostors Racketeers Liars & Irredeemable Ex-cons... Men.

Governator is yet another feather in Stan Lee's cap of properties that seem like a joke at first, but are real, such as when he turned every NHL team in a superhero. The basic idea sounds a little odd, but that doesn't mean an at least slightly entertaining property won't come out of it. Arnold Schwarzenegger mixed with Batman, fighting the G.I.R.L.I.E. Men? That could be kind of funny, or an enthralling train wreck, and everyone wins either way.

Author's Note: This could easily be an early April Fool's Joke.

From http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...s-Bodybuilding-Batman-in-Stan-Lees-Governator

He's back! Arnie returns as cartoon Governator

LOS ANGELES — Three months after standing down as California governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger is to return as a cartoon superhero version of himself, The Governator, he announced this week.

arnold-governator.jpg

The former champion bodybuilder turned Hollywood star -- catchphrase "I'll be Back" -- has teamed up with Marvel comics founder Stan Lee to create the character which will star in an animated TV show and comic book.

More details will be announced next week, but Schwarzenegger and Lee revealed the plans to Entertainment Weekly, which published more details on its online version Thursday.

"The Governator is very simple. It takes my entire career basically, if it is bodybuilding, if it is action movies, if it is the governorship," the famously Austrian-accented 63-year-old told the magazine.

"It takes all those things and combines it into one. That guy is designed to fight crime, to fight natural disasters, this guy will be jumping into action," he added in a video clip on the weekly's website.

The animated TV show and comic book won't be out until next year, but Lee -- co-creator of Spider Man and a raft of other comic superheros, revealed that it will be based on Schwarzenegger personally.

"The Governator is going to be a great superhero, but he'll also be Arnold Schwarzenegger," he said.

"We're using all the personal elements of Arnold's life. We're using his wife (Maria Shriver). We're using his kids. We're using the fact that he used to be governor.

"Only after he leaves the governor's office, Arnold decides to become a crime fighter and builds a secret high-tech crime-fighting center under his house in Brentwood," he added.

Schwarzenegger came to the United States as a penniless 21-year-old in 1968, but became a millionaire and won the Mr. Universe title four more times*, and then shrugged off barbs about his thick accent as he turned to acting.

Joining Hollywood's royalty, his ominous "Terminator" catchphrases "I'll be back," and "Hasta la vista, baby" have now entered the English lexicon -- and he still uses them frequently as a politician.

Along the way he also married into a political dynasty, wedding Maria Shriver, a niece of former president John F. Kennedy, before becoming California governor in 2003, a post he relinquished in January.

From AFP: He's back! Arnie returns as cartoon Governator

###

*Interesting that articles frequently mention Arnold's Mr. Universe titles, but rarely his Olympia wins. Or do I have that wrong?

Last edited:

I imagine he's going to reprise his goofy one liners, like "Milk is for Babies" as he tosses a robot into the milk truck, or "Stick Around" as he impales some villian to a wall....

I guess after reprising all of his other super heroes as teenagers Stan was left grasping for straws...

Cool!

Only in the cartoons, when he fucks up a state and almost runs it into the ground, it's only make believe.

Back