Not growing

Thread: Not growing

Rep Points

Not growing

hello all, ive had some issues recently. Ive been working out for a while now, and i ve tried everythign from drop sets to supersets to try and change my routine. I still do not see improvement. I see huge people at my gym doing 25-15 reps in their routine, but i thought this was use for cutting? i spoke to one of them and they told me ever since they started doing that, they blew up. Should i change up my reps, because i always do 8 to 12 reps.

stats: 5'11 and weight from 197 to 202 lbs. I was on a prohormone and two weeks ago i was at 202.

also my diet looks like this

6 egg whites with one whole egg (7 in total)
    One Pack of oatmeal with berries (6:30 am)

protein shake with fat free milk and handfull of almonds (9 am)

Chicken Breast with Brown Rice and vegetables (12 pm)

english muffin with peanut butter and an apple (3:30 pm)

bannana before workout ( 7pm because i go to school, here is my biggest fault since its such a long break before i eat)

Steak/chicken with baked potato after workout (9:30PM)

two scoops of protein with water before bed. (11PM)

anything i need to add?
    Last edited by ajburnett34; 04-01-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Gettin it in
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

There's a great post called training 101 that you should take a look at. You need to get the proper rep range (8-12 for hypertrophy) and focus on compound lifts. I've never met a hardgainer, only people who thought bodybuilding would be easy.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ajburnett34 View Post
    anything i need to add?
    More food.

If you aren't gaining you're doing something akin to trying to build a house without bricks or mortar. Your muscles need the raw material to grow - calories calories calories.

Drink four to six pints of whole milk a day in addition to all that food up there. Keep that up for a month and i promise all your gaining problems will have been totally forgotten.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    More food.

If you aren't gaining you're doing something akin to trying to build a house without bricks or mortar. Your muscles need the raw material to grow - calories calories calories.

Drink four to six pints of whole milk a day in addition to all that food up there. Keep that up for a month and i promise all your gaining problems will have been totally forgotten.

Good Advice^^^

Rep Points

thank you for the advice. everyone says i eat like a monster and always eating. its hard to add anymore food, since im never home. ill try that though. thatts like 7 meals up there!

Rep Points

the thign is, i eat at 12 my lunch. Then i get out of work at 3:30 adn head straight to class at from 4 pm to 5 pm, and then straight to the gym till 7. Thats a big break of not eating! i dont know what to do

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

Doesn't look like a diet for gaining weight. Put some olive oil into your shakes that will give you almost 400 extra calories a day. And why are you drinking fatfree milk? You need to go to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

Rep Points

thank you for that link, its very useful. also there really isnt much more time to eat, because i eat every 3 hrs. what should i do? thanks! i cant take a whole meal to school also.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Don't eat more meals eat more calorie dense food. I eat 5,000 calories a day and I don't force feed. Drink alot of whole chocolate milk like gaz said. I get about half a gallon a day, and eat the egg yolks too. Go to fitday and see how many calories your actually getting in an average day. That diet you posted looks like a diet to loose weight to me. I bet it's less than you think. Also, go ahead and post your training routine.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Yeah, don't try and eat more meals or you'll spend half your day eating. Eat more in each sitting either by eating more food, or more calorie dense food.

The suggestions so far such as milk and olive oil take no extra time or effort. Calorie dense foods are also easy. Cheese or nuts for example. Just snack on them, keep a bag of nuts in your pocket or something and finish it by the end of the day.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

You seem to know what you are doing that's for sure. How many calories are you getting total? protein/carbs/fats?
    "MY NAME IS SUE, HOW DO YOU DO? NOW YOU GONNA DIE!!!!!"