• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bald Eagles birth in the wild - LIVE!

phosphor

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been watching this for over a week and we finally have the the first hatchling arrival overnight into today - Mommy brought home a rabbit to feed the youngling with the protective dad feeding. They generally take shifts throughout the day.

Live cam:
Nest Cams

You tube vids of first arrival today:
YouTube - Decorah Eagles First Egg Pip and Hatch

Remember, 2 more eggs are still unhatched.

Happy viewing!

bald_eagle_MartinKnippel_550x365.ashx

I used to love watching the peregrines and coopers hawks hunt when I lived out in the country in Texas. There was always a hawk I'd catch for a while sitting on the telephone poles in the easement behind our land, I'd sit and watch until it would find it's prey and then disappear. One of my favorite animals to watch back then. It was so large and graceful sitting up their tall and noble patiently waiting, tilting its head to eye some movement,then drop away... Never got to see it actually get the prey though... Then to watch a peregrine circling way up in the sky trying to imagine the world below in his eyes. And the owls at night I miss them most of all....

I'd love to see one of these huge eagles some day...

Last edited:
Very cool

This video of a peregrine dive-bombing starlings is so awesome, just to watch how the starlings cluster it's like poetry...
YouTube Video

It looks like another has hatched. It's amazing to watch how gentle they are with the babies using the equipment the have to work with. It's like caring for a newborn with daggers and swords.

Baby_Bald_Eagles_FWS_opt.jpg

Eagle meat is the bomb.

Just kidding, I would never consume such a wonderful creature. Unless I am extremely hungry after a work out session.

I would cook you up before an eagle. Not her ^^^, unless I wanted pork rinds.

How fucking cool is that! Man, you definitely are getting repped for this thread...Very interesting.

reps owed. we see them often in Maine and it's never NOT amazing. they fish on a river where I used to live but the river here in town is too populated i think.

I have been watching this for over a week and we finally have the the first hatchling arrival overnight into today - Mommy brought home a rabbit to feed the youngling with the protective dad feeding. They generally take shifts throughout the day.

watching these amazing birds led me to think...it would be nice if human parents had to be this cooperative,committed and attentive to their gestating children. the world wouldn't be so over populated. :coffee:

In Florida, they are seen more often. Especially in land fills by my house. They actually prey on other birds if they want. When I used to do environmental work at the landfill in Tampa, I would see them everywhere. The other birds wouldn't even get near them, especially the buzzards. It was very obvious that the eagles there (at the landfill) owned that place. They are making a huge come back from being endangered I believe. They are still on watch, but not endangered (the Bald Eagles). After seeing these birds from about a 100 feet away, they are truly my favorite....next is chickens. Just kidding.

Incredible birds! I love birds of prey.

I am a little concerned about the second little bugger that was hatched today. He is still very sluggish and cannot get his head up enough to get fed all that much.

We have a couple of bald eagles that have a nest in the city next to Purdue. Just last week, a peregrine falcon was ripping the shit out of something in my backyard. I left him alone and filmed a bit of it. At first I thought it was an unfortunate rabbit, since the night before I saw one tangle with a stray cat. After he was done, I went out and there was nothing left except a puff of dove feathers and a scrap of meat. I love it when nature is at work before my very eyes.

you can see Beethoven.

I watched this one later that evening and first I imagined Aphrodite trying to seduce Adonis to choose her over Persephone for the final "Tryst"(he was to spend 1/3 of the year with each and the final 1/3rd with whom he chose)by having these birds do an erotic dance for him....

I wonder if thats how the word tryst came about? Nah but it sounds plausible....

YouTube Video

I am a little concerned about the second little bugger that was hatched today. He is still very sluggish and cannot get his head up enough to get fed all that much.

We have a couple of bald eagles that have a nest in the city next to Purdue. Just last week, a peregrine falcon was ripping the shit out of something in my backyard. I left him alone and filmed a bit of it. At first I thought it was an unfortunate rabbit, since the night before I saw one tangle with a stray cat. After he was done, I went out and there was nothing left except a puff of dove feathers and a scrap of meat. I love it when nature is at work before my very eyes.

Nature is both beautiful and savage. Animals don't have the intelligence to bend nature and science to their will, so their only way to survive is to be as strong as possible and let the weak die. I hate to see a young animal die by the hands of mother nature, but it is how it must be.

Nature is both beautiful and savage. Animals don't have the intelligence to bend nature and science to their will, so their only way to survive is to be as strong as possible and let the weak die. I hate to see a young animal die by the hands of mother nature, but it is how it must be.

Survival of the fittest is how it should be.

The last one hatched in the middle of the week. It looks like all 3 sofar are doing good. The nest is 5x5ft wide - plenty of room for them.

I believe in survival of the fittest, for sure. When I was a kid, I loved the cartoon 'watership down'. Survival of the fittest if ever there was an example to be viewed by a kid. I think the only animal I detest in regards to this rule are hyenas. Mob rule over the lions at times, which pisses me off.

Back