• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Remember Ronald Reagan

jagbender

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When Ronald Reagan was president we also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash

Now we have Obama, we have NO Hope and NO Cash.

I still have the paperback "Reagonomics"

Saw him at a rally in San Diego for Bush Sr. in '88

That Silver Spoons dude was there at the rally...he was like 18 then. lol

Trickle down Economics.........Damm I miss Ronny. :(

i still have the paperback "reagonomics"

saw him at a rally in san diego for bush sr. In '88

that silver spoons dude was there at the rally...he was like 18 then. Lol

trickle down economics.........damm i miss ronny. :(
lol

Reagan was cool....he bombed Libya for terrorism before it was popular

Really? The only thing beneficial that guy did was die.

You can thank him for the deficit, the taliban, and the war on drugs.

I didn't say he did anything good or bad, just well liked.

The deficit became a surplus during Clintons administraton too I think. So unless you believe Obama is responsible for the state of the current economy I would think it was Reagan is who created that surplus

I didn't say he did anything good or bad, just well liked.

The deficit became a surplus during Clintons administraton too I think. So unless you believe Obama is responsible for the state of the current economy I would think it was Reagan is who created that surplus

Clintons surplus came 6 years after Reagan was out of office, and I would give some of that credit to Bush Sr. He was smart enough to raise taxes when taxes needed to be raised. It cost him a second term, but it was what the country needed.

Reagan takes a ton of credit for cutting taxes, which he did do. He also followed up that tax cut by raising taxes 9 times after that.

We also had a huge savings and loans (also read as mortgage) crises under Reagan's watch, it was a lot like the one we just had with Bush Jr, and in fact includes some of the same players. Coincidence?

He also decided we were going to fight a war on drugs. Which is kicking our asses if you haven't noticed. Trillions of dollars gone to stop consenting adults from hurting themselves? What a waste!

Clintons surplus came 6 years after Reagan was out of office, and I would give some of that credit to Bush Sr. He was smart enough to raise taxes when taxes needed to be raised. It cost him a second term, but it was what the country needed.

Reagan takes a ton of credit for cutting taxes, which he did do. He also followed up that tax cut by raising taxes 9 times after that.

We also had a huge savings and loans (also read as mortgage) crises under Reagan's watch, it was a lot like the one we just had with Bush Jr, and in fact includes some of the same players. Coincidence?

He also decided we were going to fight a war on drugs. Which is kicking our asses if you haven't noticed. Trillions of dollars gone to stop consenting adults from hurting themselves? What a waste!
I think I agree with all of that except the time frame on the savings and loan crisis was '82 wasn't it. So the legislation that created the ability for failure most likely happened before '80 when Reagan was elected. The current crisis started with a push for greater home ownership and took many years to form. So I am assuming the S&L crisis didn't happen overnight either.

I think what Reagan did was allow people to believe in a better tomorrow..

Just like Obama....."YES WE CAN"

IML Gear Cream!
Trickle down Economics..

is not taught in any education system anywhere in the world....must be a reason for that

is not taught in any education system anywhere in the world....must be a reason for that

True, it did not do what it said though the conditions were different then than now. That said, what is your solution? Where is a plan that will do deficit reduction and increase economic growth and jobs? The only one I have seen came from Rep. Ryan and it looks pretty damn good as it hits many aspects that are broken. :winkfinger:

Back