Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Rep Points

We Are All Potential Victims of Roid Rage

“We Are All Potential Victims of Roid Rage”
    By Millard Baker

“We are all potential victims of roid rage” according to recent editorials published by New Scientist. The editorials are published in support of anabolic steroid harm reduction which advocates policies, including medical treatments, that reduce or prevent the harmful side effects associated with the non-medical use of anabolic steroids. Steroid harm reduction is often opposed by those who have a moral objection to steroid use.

New Scientist’s support of harm reduction is admirable. Unfortunately, rather than advocate harm reduction on its own merits, the op-eds seem intent on using hysteria to support the need for harm reduction. By suggesting that everyone is a “potential victim” of “roid rage”, the authors overstate the risk and prevalence of the steroid-induced aggression popularly called “roid rage”.

They discuss “roid rage” as a “proven side effect” of anabolic steroids. The truth is that aggression is rare among steroid users and the scientific evidence that steroids cause aggression or “roid rage” is tenuous at best.

Dr. Jack Darkes, a leading aggression researcher at the University of South Florida, has thoroughly reviewed the existing literature on steroids and aggression and has reached the following conclusion:

The good news is that aggression is rare among anabolic-androgenic steroid users and does not appear to be caused by AAS. The discrepant findings in the literature suggest a complex causal picture, including antecedent, cognitive, and contextual factors. Users view the AAS experience positively and minimize negative side-effects. They consider medical authorities uninformed likely because AAS research seems narrowly focused on effects that most users do not experience. This distrust is likely to perpetuate because most prospective users learn from current users within the subculture, often via the internet. Still, many AAS researchers seem determined to run the same studies using different measures until they find the results they are sure are there rather than learning from obtained results and moving forward with new study designs that might explain the phenomenon; an approach that reinforces users’ mistrust. Science would progress by forgoing sweeping generalizations and dire predictions of rare outcomes and moving toward identifying the factors that put a small minority at risk for AAS-related aggression, as well as those that may protect the vast majority. It should broaden its scope to include both biological and psychosocial processes that might convey that risk and, in so doing, explore approaches that might be used to reduce risk for negative outcomes.

Promoting harm reduction for non-medical steroid users experiencing adverse side effects is a good thing but promoting hysteria about rare steroid side effects is the wrong way to promote harm reduction.

source

Live Big and Strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I don't have fancy medical diploma's hanging on my wall. I've just been involved with AAS and been around a lot of people using many different AAS products for many years. Roid rage, in my observation is an urban myth. If the guy's a dick before AAS, the guy's an even bigger dick with AAS. Most guys I know are middle America type of fella's. I think the media has hyped roid rage along with "roids are public enemy #1!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

People buy into this roid rage thing really easily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

^^^ The press makes it so easy to do so. Remember a few weeks ago the naked BBer attacking that elderly couple? It of course was NOT the PCP in his system the press focused on because it just had to be roid rage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

i had roid rage jerkin it the other day.........it was glorious

clomid lazy guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigcruz View Post
    i had roid rage jerkin it the other day.........it was glorious

I agree

this is the biggest problem with roid rage sore penis

Bodybuilder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Ive got roid rage bad. The other day I stubbed my toe.... and I said "Shit!". God, what have I become! Im a monster! Next week Ill probably be smackin kittens and stomping on salamaders if I dont take care of all this roid rage I got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I honked my car hown at another driver who suddenly swerved in front of me cutting us off. My baby was in the back seat. Sheesh, I am appaled that I hollered and honked. It wasn't like the idiot endangered mine and my baby's safety. Must've been roid rage. lol.

clomid lazy guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I think its mostly karma/disrespectful people who deserve A good yelling at but I still fear jail but if it's self defense I may or may not unload on em. Like if he walked towards me while talking shit and pushes me I may black out but I hope no one is crazy enough to try it at work and I hope he's not on the same shit I'm on jeezzz that would be a show or maybe not.
    Last edited by SHY_RONNIE; 01-16-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: retarded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by tupin View Post
    I don't have fancy medical diploma's hanging on my wall. I've just been involved with AAS and been around a lot of people using many different AAS products for many years. Roid rage, in my observation is an urban myth. If the guy's a dick before AAS, the guy's an even bigger dick with AAS. Most guys I know are middle America type of fella's. I think the media has hyped roid rage along with "roids are public enemy #1!"
    This is exactly the case. You can blame the media and politicians for villanizing anyone who uses as a "drug user" and danger to society.

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Man, this shiite's getting really old.

I mean, who do these guy's think they're fooling. They're just trying to create hysteria around aas just like they did with Marijuana. Everybody loses his or her temper every now and then, but if you take aas, they're going to blame that.

Never mind you tried to invade my home and rob me. I beat the shiite out of you with a golf club, but it was that wicked roid rage that made me beat him.

OY vey!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    508 Posts
    Rep Points

I look at it,as the same with drinking......some guys when drunk get 'beer muscles' they get angry want to fight.....[girls too][wifey lol].......some folks are always cool......

Also ..I think you cool out more as the years go by......when your older......

...........charley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

The Government's Roid Rage campaign is about as reliable and accurate as their "Reefer Madness" campaign from 1938. lol, it's laughable at best.

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Rep Points

Tren rage is real...

Test makes me feel great. Tren makes me homicidal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I never feel like killing someone when i"m in traffic and on an off cycle with little or no gear in me......NEVER FEEL LIKE KILLING SOMEONE