Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Adam's Transformation Challenge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rep Points

Adam's Transformation Challenge

hello all, my name is adam, and i have another posting on the site where i'm working towards a competition in october.

since theres a challenge going on, i figured i'd get in as well.

i am 5'6'' and weight around 185 right now.

goals for this challenge are too lose as much fat as possible between now and then, so i'm that much more prepared for my comp in oct, plus i'm going to the beach in july as well, so this is good!!!!! lol.

my bodyfat right now is around 25%, had it done last month and is probably a few points less, you can see in the pics. there are also pics on my other thread.

good luck to anyone else out there, look forward to see what everyone can do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ParadiseCup; 04-11-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: add photos

POWER LIFT
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Look forward to it, Adam
    Blackstone Labs 10% Off Coupon Code = TheNeck10

IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = TheNeck15

Rep Points

did legs today as well as some cardio

since my groin is still a little sore, i did some squats up to 365
    see my training log for more info

hope that within the next week or so my legs are back to par
    in the mean time i'm focusing more on my cardio, and turning down the weights to just the bare essentials

diet is being kept strict to a low fat, and high in protein, lots of chicken. i think that i'm going to turn into a chicken after this

Rep Points

shoulders and traps today

was finally able to do those 80 dumbells today after weeks of putting them off because of my right shoulder. so happy to finally be back into it 100 percent. see my workout on the other thread.

making good progress, shoulders felt really good, and did almost an hour of cardio today, calories burnt and spent

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

mohorter's photos have been added
    IronMagLabs 20% Off Coupon Code = TotalPackage20

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mohorter View Post
    goals for this challenge are too lose as much fat as possible
    Welcome to IronMagazine, Adam. Best of luck to you, too.

Checked out your other journal. Great progress, man.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good luck

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gena Marie View Post
    Good luck
    thanks, this will be extra incentive for me to get rid of the excess weight fast so i'm prepared for that comp i'm preparing for in october

Rep Points

did some cardio today, not much but a little bit.
    tomorrow i'll have to hit it a little harder since i'll have more time.

workouts are as such:

day 1: chest and tri's
    day 2: back and bi's
    day 3: cardio
    day 4: legs
    day 5: shoulders and traps
    day 6: cardio
    day 7: repeat

all workouts and weights and reps and such are on my post for the road to the comp that i'm going to do on october 1st. it will be my first one, and can't wait for it, i'm excited, and nervous. first time stepping up on stage.

Rep Points

did some abb work today as well as cardio. didn't do as much cardio as i wanted to do, but was limited in time today. starting to notice a change in my gut quite a bit. during the month of march i lost 3 inches off from my waist, and hope to do the same for april. still have 15 days left in the month to reach that. also purchased a dvd, Perfect Posing to teach me how to pose, and will probabaly hire a trainer around july time frame so that i'm ready for that tournament in october

Rep Points

great chest and tri's workout today

its been a while since i could lift the 110 lb weights without my shoulder hurting, and this day was awesome. no issues and was able to do the 95's for incline chest press as well. so happy, chaning my chest routine up a bit and getting rid of the bench press for a while and see if this routine is helping to break my plateau on chest. see my workout on the thread to my first comp

Rep Points

good luck

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Glad you joined brother good luck
    Steroidsforyou

Rep Points

thanks guys, hope to do well

Rep Points

did legs today and i'm happy to get back to the 8 plates on the bar. yipee!!! my damn groin is finally getting better. almost to full potential. can't quite do the leg press again, but hopefully next week i can.

ever since all these injuries occured, i'm finally healed and upping the weight again, 5 more months to go for the competition in oct, trying to get cut by 1st of july

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mohorter View Post
    great chest and tri's workout today

its been a while since i could lift the 110 lb weights without my shoulder hurting, and this day was awesome. no issues and was able to do the 95's for incline chest press as well. so happy, chaning my chest routine up a bit and getting rid of the bench press for a while and see if this routine is helping to break my plateau on chest. see my workout on the thread to my first comp

awesome.. i aint doing any FLAT BENCH for the entire challenge... Going for decline bench/dips/cable cross overs for the lower thruout the challenge and any flat bench is going to be higher reps and using smith machine to the neck. I have also lowered the incline fly angle to 30 degrees.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by carmineb View Post
    awesome.. i aint doing any FLAT BENCH for the entire challenge... Going for decline bench/dips/cable cross overs for the lower thruout the challenge and any flat bench is going to be higher reps and using smith machine to the neck. I have also lowered the incline fly angle to 30 degrees.
    Lower angle is a great idea. Only in north America do guys use such a high incline. Dorian Yates was known to lower the angle on any incline movement. It really takes the stress of shoulders and elbows.
    Steroidsforyou

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by carmineb View Post

yeah, definetly changing it up a bit, since it seems like i'm getting no where with the flat bench. going to stick with the dumbells and see where it takes me. also going to incorporate those dips again, now that my shoulder is better i can do them again, but i don't know if i hurt my shoulder doing dips or from shoulder presses. i'm guessing it could have been a combo of the two.

Rep Points

did legs yesterday and shoulders today

legs are feeling pretty good except for my damn right groin. its still tender and i still can't do the leg press machine, but i can squat still. can't go down as far as i want to, but at least i can throw some heavy weight on and punch em out. first time doing 405 in a month or so.

also forearm is almost completely better as well, so shoulders weren't too bad today, put up the 80lb dumbells for a few sets. i'm happy with it though. next time i shoudl be able to do more.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

good luck Adam... looking forward to seeing you reach your goals

Rep Points

thanks everyone,

just a little update, you can see all of the details on my other post, but i'll summarize the week or so.

somewhere along last week i injured my left forearm, and it hurts to lift anything up, so in the mean time i've been kicking my ass on the cardio, since i can't do upperbody. trying to burn a 1000 calories a day for at least 6000 a week. and in the mean time i'm seeing a difference in my waist, the fat has decreased and the size of my waist has decreased.

even though i'm a little injured, still hitting it hard, going to do legs tomorrow, since they feel good. forearm may not like to lift the plates up to the bar, but i have to do something. hopefully in the next few days i will be able to do upperbody again, but in the mean time, it feels good to get rid of that excess fat thats around my gut.

oh and meal plan has changed quite a bit

here as follows

breakfast
    8 eggwhites, 2 eggs, yams

snack
    protein shake with water

lunch
    8 ounce chicken with cup of rice and veggies

snack
    protein shake with water

dinner
    8 ounce chicken, turkey, or fish, and large salad and veggies

before bed
    protein shake with water

aiming for 200 grams of protein per day and very little fat, first time for me to actually buy protein shakes and am kicking myself in the ass for not buying some earlier, they are good. lol!!!! i mix in a little fat free chocolate syrup to help better the flavor, its like a chocolate milk shake.

Rep Points

with all of the cardio that i have been doing, have seen a big difference in my stomach. the weight is coming off, and with may upon me, i'm trying to get down to 10 to 15% bodyfat within the month. goal is to get at less than 10% by july 1st

see my other post for the details

Rep Points

Keep on going!
    Jagbender's battle of the bulge
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jagbender View Post
    Keep on going!
    thanks,

did legs today and they felt good, cardio coming up for the rest of the week until my arm is better

Rep Points

I love leg day!
    I have been feeling so good that I have added cardio after my lifting and increased my miles too! I am feeling really energetic!
    Jagbender's battle of the bulge
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

any updates ?
    IronMagLabs 20% Off Coupon Code = TotalPackage20

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications.

Rep Points

sorry been doing mostly cardio because of my groin and arm

today was the first day back to doing some weights for upper body and it felt good. i'm thinking of starting up my normal routine on monday, but going light for a few weeks, just so i don't injure myself again.

you can see all of my cardio and workouts on the other blog.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

sounds good.... just keep at it....

Rep Points

finally after almost a month of being out because of injuries i'm going to start up a routine again.

going to work on a fullbody workout for a little while. read an article in musclemag that said that it could help an increase in fat loss, if workiing out the entire body each day for a couple days a week. so i'm goign to start on that today. i'll let everyone know what happens.

in the mean time, the cardio is going great. i'm going to change it up a bit though, there are a few cardio classes at gold's gym that i go to that i'm going to get involved with. i did one a bit back, and that tiny girl in there kicked my ass, so i need to do some more of those, think that will help with the fat loss greatly.

seeing some definete improvements, just wish that it was a little quicker with the fat loss. i'm going to be a bit more strict with my eating habbits and diet. was taking two protein shakes a day, but i'm going to cut that down to just one, and take it after my workout.

i'll post up the workouts a bit later on my other posts.

Rep Points

started my first full body workout today with some cardio in between every two exercises and i'm wore out. lol

had a suggestion when i was at the gym and decided to give it a try and i think it worked out very well. i know that i kicked my ass today and burnt a crap load of calories. going to try this out for the next 6 weeks or so till july and see where it takes me. follow the link at the bottom to see what i'm doing and have done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast