Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Eating more carbs at dinner may help with weight loss and cholesterol levels

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Eating more carbs at dinner may help with weight loss and cholesterol levels

Eating more carbs at dinner may help with weight loss and cholesterol levels, a study finds
    By Jeannine Stein, Los Angeles Times

After six months the experimental group that ate more carbs at dinner saw more weight loss, body fat mass reduction and lower abdominal circumference than the control group.

Eating a low-calorie diet in which carbs have a heavier presence at dinner may offer a host of healthful benefits, a study finds.

Researchers randomly assigned 100 obese male and female Israeli police officers age 25 to 55 to one of two diets for six months: a standard low-calorie diet (this served as the control group), or a low-calorie diet that offered more carbs at dinner. Both diets contained about 1,300 to 1,500 calories per day.

Nutritional breakdowns were the same for both groups as well: 20% protein, 30% to 35% fat, and 45% to 50% carbohydrate. But those in the experimental diet ate more protein than carbs at breakfast and lunch and loaded up on carbs at dinner, while the control group scattered their carbs more evenly throughout the day.

After six months the experimental group that ate more carbs at dinner saw more weight loss, body fat mass reduction and lower abdominal circumference than the control group. The experimental group also had higher satiety levels during the day than did the control group. This, the authors wrote, may be due to the fact that the experimental group had a smaller decrease in leptin levels than did the control group.

Leptin is a hormone manufactured in the fat cells that tells the brain when the body is full. When leptin levels are very low the brain may sense that the body is starving and kick off feelings of hunger.

The carbs-at-dinner group also saw bigger improvements in glucose balance, insulin resistance, cholesterol levels and inflammation markers.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Rep Points

Weird how we get so much info and research that show we should do the exact opposite. One thing I know for sure, is I work out Saturday-Wednesday, it is just easier to work my legs on Saturday and then my chest on Sunday. Fewer people at the gym to get in my way. On Friday night I have my cheat meal. I eat a rather large piece of bread, salad with ranch, 16oz NY Strip, and garlic Mash potatoes.

After eating all that I would think I would be a bloated mess Saturday morning, but I actually look my best. The rest of the week, I eat by the book. 3 eggs, 3 egg whites for breakfast. Total of 6 more hard boiled eggs, 2 chicken breast, 2@ .5 cups of oatmeal, etc etc, really clean.

It blows my mind every Saturday morning.

Rep Points

Interesting read..

DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

for fuck sake, so much opposing information!
    TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I am shocked at this whole story, with regards to the research conducted...by which the carb intake was larger @ the dinnere time. My friends be them natural or on gear have all stated not to use a ton of carbs for those that are obese or need or want to lost weight.

This is a confusing study, as I will now bring this article to them and wait for some form of response.

Thank you Prince!

(gosh, that man again, The Captn' of my heart) Well said, my man!
    Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but Cabbage with a College Education.

Rep Points

interesting

Rep Points

This is what Built suggested I do since I'm hungry in the PM and that's when I exercise. Seems to be working.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Labpe Peptide
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by theCaptn' View Post
    for fuck sake, so much opposing information!
    That's how everything in health and fitness is. The problem is that it only takes one study misinterpreted by a journalist to make half of the population belive something. Even if the research is set up and done correctly, Only takes 1 idiots misinterpretation to confuse everyone. I haven't seen this study but that is what happens too often.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

That's why I read the research myself. I can see right away if it was set up correctly.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

WTF?
    i try to avoid tomuch carbs at night. stick to more fats and protien.

whom else agrees with this study?

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

To me this goes down the road I usually quote and sum up like this: " The human body doesn't care about what you find aesthetically pleasing, it reacts to stimuli, not what you want to look like "
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by blergs. View Post
    WTF?
    i try to avoid tomuch carbs at night. stick to more fats and protien.

whom else agrees with this study?
    I used to do the same, but I now reserve the evening for carbs, if I have them at all.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

I can go all day without eating or without eating a drop of carbs. But come about 10pm, I need about 30 grams or at least before bed. Probably an insulin thing, but this usually turns into 60 grams.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural