Divine Nutrition

High Blood Pressure :(

Team RamRod
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

High Blood Pressure :(

I just came from the doctors office and they took a reading of my blood pressure. It came in at 139/80. I checked it out and 120 is the normal range and 140 is considered high which I'm pretty much at. I'm 25, 6', 205lbs, 13%bf. I lift weights 4-5x a week but haven't done cardio in a long time. I eat clean and watch my salt intake. I haven't done any research yet on what I can do to get it back to normal but if you have any suggestions I'm open to them.

Rep Points

If you're healthy otherwise they might put you on meds. I have high BP too but I'm fat, and it runs in my family. That young, and you're fit... either some family history or are you running gears?

Team RamRod
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I figured I was in good health. I plan on doing a cycle soon but before I start it I'm going to get a full physical done to make sure there isn't anything else wrong with me. It could a be genetic thing, there have been a lot of heart attacks in my family on my dad's side.

Rep Points

start taking vitamin c. take 2000-4000mg a day. it works.

Rep Points

Garlic pills are also noted to lower blood pressure.

You may also have "white coat anxiety" meaning you get a little tense at the doctor's office. My blood pressure consistantly read 139/90 at the doctors office, but my home machine was in the 127/76 range.

Took my home machine to the doctors office and guess what...139/88. I didn't feel nervous or anxious as this is my family doctor, but the numbers don't lie.

Rep Points

I wouldn't worry to much about it, It's a little bit prehypertensive but thats not alarming. Set a baseline and keep an eye on it. I had a physical today and my BD was 155/92. Mine is usually a bit high but not like this. I didn't sleep much last night and I had a couple glasses of winebefore my appt.

Rep Points

139/80 isnt bad at all, its just suttin you wanna keep an eye on... 120/80 is perfect but you getting nervous or exited about something can cause it to spike up i wouldnt worry about it... This is coming from someone who suffers from very high BP which runs in my family... I've had mine hit 250/110 and had to be rushed to hospital numerous times with banging ass migraines, im on BP meds and my bp is always around 120's over 80's...

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The amino acid L-Arginine in the 4-6 grms a day works in bringing down borderline BP.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    I just came from the doctors office and they took a reading of my blood pressure. It came in at 139/80. I checked it out and 120 is the normal range and 140 is considered high which I'm pretty much at. I'm 25, 6', 205lbs, 13%bf. I lift weights 4-5x a week but haven't done cardio in a long time. I eat clean and watch my salt intake. I haven't done any research yet on what I can do to get it back to normal but if you have any suggestions I'm open to them.
    Get it rechecked again and make sure you keep stims to a minimum.

IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15

International and USA Customers go to Orbitnutrition.com and use HEAVY10 for 10% off all orders at Orbit

IronMag Research Now Open! - heavyiron15 for 15% off!
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Team RamRod
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Get it rechecked again and make sure you keep stims to a minimum.
    I bought a digital blood pressure monitor a couple of weeks ago and have been taking recordings at around 6pm.

I'm averaging 146/83. I've been taking 24mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, and 325mg acetylsalicylic acid twice a day to help when I get drowsy (I work 13hr days and don't get to move around much but have to be alert..)

I think I might give Prince a little support here and try out his product. I've also started doing 30min cardio sessions 3x a week.

Anabolic Whore
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I bought a digital blood pressure monitor a couple of weeks ago and have been taking recordings at around 6pm.

I'm averaging 146/83. I've been taking 24mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, and 325mg acetylsalicylic acid twice a day to help when I get drowsy (I work 13hr days and don't get to move around much but have to be alert..)

I think I might give Prince a little support here and try out his product. I've also started doing 30min cardio sessions 3x a week.
    That's an easy problem to fix...
    Disclaimer: All information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. Everything posted is for entertainment purposes only. ANIMALHOUSE is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way use, encourage, nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Student of the Game

Rep Points

Ordered 2 bottles based on what I had read posted by Prince, Heavyiron and upon the rcommendation of TGB1987.

Very inexpensive to keep yourself in good health.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMALHOUSE View Post
    This. Might want to come off your stack for a while to see what it does.

- - - - - - -

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WideLoad View Post
    My dad had high bp all his life and took meds for decades.. he started eating these fermented garlic and he was able to come off the meds.. amazing

Team RamRod
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMALHOUSE View Post
    I've only recently started taking them (last three days) but obviously they aren't helping my problem. I have to do more research but will give those supps and garlic a shot.
    Last edited by OfficerFarva; 06-07-2011 at 10:18 AM.

BodybyBUILT

Rep Points

Didja have coffee before going to the doc? My seventeen year old son did, and his bp was in the 140's.....(6ft6" and 220lbs)

I second the higher doses of vitamin c - I've seen people come off bp meds doing that. It's cheap, it's effective. High blood pressure CAN run in families, even if you are lean and fit - so don't blow it off. Hypertension is a silent killer - it causes vascular damage over the years, long before you have symptoms.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WideLoad View Post
    this is true!

Rep Points

I took L-Arginine before my insurance exam...brought my white coat/borderline pressure.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I figured I was in good health. I plan on doing a cycle soon but before I start it I'm going to get a full physical done to make sure there isn't anything else wrong with me. It could a be genetic thing, there have been a lot of heart attacks in my family on my dad's side.
    you need to do some research on those heart problems. most attacks are caused by either arrhythmias or CVD, the later is obviously easier to adjust by monitoring the HDL:LDL ratio, which is far more important than the total cholesterol value.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Team RamRod
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    you need to do some research on those heart problems. most attacks are caused by either arrhythmias or CVD, the later is obviously easier to adjust by monitoring the HDL:LDL ratio, which is far more important than the total cholesterol value.
    I went to my doctor over a week ago and asked if I could get a wide range of blood work done. He told me no, I'm perfectly fine at my age and that it was a waste of tax payers dollars.... I convinced him to check out my lipids and some other stuff. This is what my laboratory requisition form will get me when I get time to go in:

Lipids: CHOL, TRIG, HDL, LDL, & TC/HDL Ratio

NA
    K
    Urea
    Creatinine (with GFR)
    Protein, Total
    Albumin
    ALP
    ALT
    GGT

and under special chemistry he checked off TSH Progressive.

I was hoping to at least get some hormones tested too but it looks like I"ll have to go to a different doc with the "loss of libido and love for life" feeling so he'll get it checked out.

Rep Points

think you have problems had my bp checked it was 185 over 127

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    think you have problems had my bp checked it was 185 over 127
    JFC! The diastolic number is even higher than the systolic should be. You'd better get on bp meds before you have a stroke seriously. When I was 19, I weighed 190 and had a 31" waist. Yet, the doc measured my bp at 148/98. By the time I was 24, it was up to 170/100. I've been on bp meds now for 6 years. Roughly 90% of people with high bp seem to have it for no known or traceable reason. Genetic seems to be the primary culprit. 185/127 is sky high. It will kill you sometime over the next 10-20 years if you don't get it under control.

In addition to bp med, a calcium, magnesium, and zinc supplement at 1g/400mg/15mg, will lower it by a good 15-20 pts.

Rep Points

my head was hurting so i went to my doctor.i cant take some of the medicines because of side effects.my doctor is working with me.trying me on amlodipine sub for norvasc 5mg. so far seems ok. thanks.

inadvertant tree hugger
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

make sure the bp cuff wasnt too small, some nurses dont take into consideration body builder's arm size and use a smaller cuff. Even the electric ones sold at pharmacies don't always come with the right bp cuff size. The DASH diet which is more than just low sodium has been shown in clinical trials to be as good as taking a medium strength bp medicine. Of course, there is also genetics, I have a triathlete on 3 different bp meds to keep his down. Watch NSAIDS, can also raise the bp by upregulating the sodium channels in the distal tubules of the nephrons.
    Official Race Member of the Crank Crushing Rednecks

Eat more mud, mountain bike until you die!

XX Feminine power

Rep Points

Mine goes up if im pinning like crazy. But i use 10 mg of lisinopril, and it puts me back where i'd like to be. But it runs in my family also so..

P

Rep Points

when i had high bp 6 months ago... i started a multivitamin and mineral supplement and hit the treadmill a little more and BAM....my bp is always normal now..currently on sust, tren, tbol, hgh, yohimbe, clen, and t3. I believe vitamins and minerals are essential to good health and especially when ON.

Team RamRod
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I finally went in and got my results (you have to go in to the docs office to get them here, they only call you if somethings not good).

Cholesterol 4.36 mmol/L
    HDL Cholesterol 1.47 mmol/L
    LDL Cholesterol 2.70 mmol/L
    Triglyceride 0.43 mmol/L

Cholesterol, Total/HDL ratio 3.0

There's a complete blood count and some other things that got checked too.

My numbers are all within normal range so I'm guessing my BP has something to do with genetics.