destroy and flood

Rep Points

destroy and flood

so ive had a look at gaz's site and i saw destroy and flood and realised its quite different to other types of training. i had a look into why it worked, and the heavy set is like conventional heavy lifting micro damage raise in testosterone etc. but the flood part i found interesting after reading about a bit it seems to be due to firstly flooding the muscle with nutrients, the "pump" although not a prerequisite to muscle growth does have some positive things, such as hydration, muscles are very sensitive to hydration hence why lots of people trying to build muscle drink SO much water, the pump keeps the muscle fully hydrated for a period of time when muscles are most sensitive to nutrients, ie directly after training them, and also reps that high increase lactic acid production, high levels of lactate are linked to high levels of growth hormone production. so my question is this, could you use the principles of this training but not actually do it, so do your 5 x 5 or whatever and then directly after finishing your last set of heavy reps do 20 reps of a very light weight, this will not cause micro damage or anything like that but you will already have done this with your heavy sets, but in theory it should give a massive boost to growth hormone and this is directly linked to the amount of IGF-1 produced which is one of the most anabolic hormones your body produces?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I usually do a drop set for my arms at the end of the workout it works for me. You can certainly try it.

Rep Points

drops sets, rest pause, supersets actually all use this principle in part, taking very short rest and continue lifting, it increases lactate in muscles.

Rep Points

anyone else had success with anything similar

Rep Points

Кондиционеры

Нажмите на ссылку снизу!

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by VabHeelayream View Post
    Нажмите на ссылку снизу!
    This google-translates to "click on the link below!" - WTF?
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.