• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Calorie help

tubbednova

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im having a hard time trying to get my diet in line with my training and lifting.

Im 33yr 5'11"at 180lb and 10.5%
I train hard with heavy-bag in morning for 45min 2xweek(mon,fri)80-85%h/r
And have a conditioning w/o tue-thur morning for 50min.25min bag,couple hundred push-ups,sit-ups,cruntchs,jump squats,jump-rope,j/j"s

Wed i train with bag in eve for 1 1/2 to 2hrs and on sat
Eat alittle less cause of no lifting on these days around 400less then my 3300cal on lifting days.

Been eating a orange or cup of strawberries with scoop of whey for morning training.

I seem to fatigue around 10-11am and no enegy or not alot most of day.

My lifting is in eve for 45-60min intense followed by some hiit for 20min

So i get up at 5am eat my pre. train at 6 get done by 7(cleaned up)and eat a 600cal breakfast which does little to nothing.
Whats going on???IM i looking at another 200cals a day?Im not trying to cut or bulk but to be in great shape.

Have you figured out what your maintenance is?

Have you figured out what your maintenance is?
Not really by different sites my bmr is 2000(1984)
And i train 2x a day high int. kickboxing in morning and weights in eve(off lifting wed)
I stopped getting fatigue after breakfast by drinking a shake(3/4scoop whey/orange)
Feels like my body slows or shuts down after i eat to save food.
I don't eat junk no allergies not carb sens.
It says to x by 1.9 for 2x guess im burning more cals with the training then lifting.I take short rest periods lifting,i do some olympic lifts for kickboxing instead of my old b/b routine.

The first step is figuring out how many calories you need to eat per day to maintain your bodyweight.

I maintained before with low-med int.cardio in morning with little to none post lifting at around 3400.

That was after i bulked at 4200cal (little to much got to 204 16%)
I cut and overtrained at 2400cal with a 3400cal day 1x week.

While i was recovering i ate 2200-2300cals and lost weight with no exercise at all.
I was eating (changed meal plan)3300cal and losing alittle fat about a lb. and .3% aweek i also drop cals on weekend to 2800 and 2400 on sunday(don't do anything on sun.)

My new plan is around 3400cals but with way less fat but more carbs.
Should help with training both morning and night.
Thinking to maintain now with high int training both morning and post lifting im around 3700cals a day.

If I understood your original post, you're looking for an answer to why you crash at 10-11am?

Your breakfast consists of all simple carbs. Simple carbs are digested fast. Try adding some complex carbs (oatmeal, brown rice/bread, etc) in your breakfast and see how you feel. You should have steadier energy throughout the day.

If I understood your original post, you're looking for an answer to why you crash at 10-11am?

Your breakfast consists of all simple carbs. Simple carbs are digested fast. Try adding some complex carbs (oatmeal, brown rice/bread, etc) in your breakfast and see how you feel. You should have steadier energy throughout the day.
That's what i was eating pre-breakfast.My breakfast was 1c cooked steel cut,apple,1/4c walnuts,2eggs,.
Now this week with carbs pre morning training i gained almost a lb and bf went up .3% i even did more hiit post lifting.So im cutting carbs pre morning training sticking to protein/mrp(low-carb 6g)

Where's what i've been losing every week
4/10 180.8 at 10.8% this w/k doing a b/b lifting routine no post cardio and no carbs morning training
4/17 179.8 at 10.5% morning training whey/no carbs b/b routine post cardio/conditioning with 20-30midmorn conditioning d/b shadow boxing and some band exer.
04/24 180.6 at 10.8%morning training whey and carbs post lifting hiit/conditioning(sled drags box-jumps)
More i do more fatigue i get during day.
But the bright side 2/7 195lb at 16.4%
Just the first time i actually gained fat with doing more.(had to be carbs from fruit in morning before training.Kinda makes me bummed im killing myself training like an athlete and lost ground.
Could the fatigue be coming from taking sets to failure??

Please list your pre-training meal and post-training meal.

IML Gear Cream!
For morning training it was 3/4scoop whey/orange.
Pre-lifting 1c. cooked steel cut oats,1/4 pumpkin seeds,scoop whey,1/2 bananna
Post-lifting 1c 1%milk,1/2c low-fat yogurt,1 bananna,1tbs molasis
On days(wed,sat)just training with bag(90-120min)intense i lower cals(carbs to around 150-175 eat around 2800cals
My pre training in eve is apple,1/4c walnuts,scoop of whey
post is scoop of whey,1c almond milk(35cal)1/4c oats,some fruit(10-15carbs)then dinner 30min later no carbs until morning.

My new plan will be plain shake/low carb rtd in morning followed by 45-60min training heavy-bag,body weight exercises(push-ups,sit-ups,squats,chins,ect)then breakfast.
pre lifting will be 2hrs pre apple,mrp
45min pre-lifting 110g chicken breast,2 oatcakes(20g carbs)
might drink some bcaa"s during
Post 2scoops whey followed by dinner 45min later with 150g white fish and 50g basmiti rice or new potatoes ect.(40g carbs)1hour 1/2 later some veggies,low-fat cheese 2 oatcakes.
Then 2/3c cottage before bed.

I think you're over-complicating things.. If your training is tiring you out you're probably over-training. Which means you can do three things:

a) train less
b) eat/sleep more
c) both

But if you're trying to lose weight you might just need to deal with the fatigue. It's hard to have tons of energy while cutting. Maybe you should look into a pre-workout / caffeine supplement? Otherwise, see if your body adapts.

I think you're over-complicating things.. If your training is tiring you out you're probably over-training. Which means you can do three things:

a) train less
b) eat/sleep more
c) both

But if you're trying to lose weight you might just need to deal with the fatigue. It's hard to have tons of energy while cutting. Maybe you should look into a pre-workout / caffeine supplement? Otherwise, see if your body adapts.
Im not trying to cut.Its nice that i lost some fat but i need to be able to function during day.I'd like to maintain and lose some here and there.
Im going with "B"

Try not eating any carbohydrate until later in the day then. I only eat my carbs at night. Protein and fat all day keeps my energy good.

Try not eating any carbohydrate until later in the day then. I only eat my carbs at night. Protein and fat all day keeps my energy good.
Doesn't work for me thats what i do on sundays.
Only carbs i eat are a bowl of organic cereal in morning with almond milk(2carbs)mybe 32g total.Then i eat protein and some fat rest of day.No energy at all.I ate an orange mid-afternoon and did little to nothing.

You eat cereal in the morning, it's not the same as NO carbohydrate in the morning. Not even close. If I ate cereal in the morning my energy would be shot all day.

You eat cereal in the morning, it's not the same as NO carbohydrate in the morning. Not even close. If I ate cereal in the morning my energy would be shot all day.
I've also only ate eggs,cheese ,veggies,cottage cheese,its the same.
I feel the same with just protein and fat or everything!

Back