• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The 10 Most Prescribed Drugs

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The 10 Most Prescribed Drugs By Daniel J. DeNoon – WebMD Health News Most-Prescribed Drug List Differs From List of Drugs With Biggest Market Share The 10 most prescribed drugs in the U.S. aren’t the drugs on which we spend the most, according to a report from the IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics. The institute [...]

Read More...

Its sort of disturbing when the top 5 prescriptions are for things that can be controlled w/ some basic over the counter stuff, and more importantly diet. I'm sure there's a percentage that are legitimately needing a prescription, but what percent of those are really just docs being lazy, getting a kickback for prescribing, don't know anything else, have not been sufficiently educated in diet / training /lifestyle, or there's just no way their patients are going to do the lifestyle changes and the pill is the only way to do it.

Big Phucking Pharma.

I would say poor diet, lack of exercise, laziness and obesity is the reason for the top 5:

Generic Zocor (simvastatin), a cholesterol-lowering statin drug — 94.1 million prescriptions
Lisinopril (brand names include Prinivil and Zestril), a blood pressure drug — 87.4 million prescriptions
Generic Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), synthetic thyroid hormone — 70.5 million prescriptions
Generic Norvasc (amlodipine besylate), an angina/blood pressure drug — 57.2 million prescriptions
Generic Prilosec (omeprazole), an antacid drug — 53.4 million prescriptions (does not include over-the-counter sales)

Hi Prince,
Thanks for the sharing the useful information with everyone.
I am surprised to see cholesterol lowering drug Lipitor on the top list.
I didn't find any anti smoking drug in the article which is shocking for me.

I want to raise one point that drug always have no benefits, it only give benefits temporarily...
So in future it can be harmful for your health...

I would say poor diet, lack of exercise, laziness and obesity is the reason for the top 5:

Generic Zocor (simvastatin), a cholesterol-lowering statin drug ??? 94.1 million prescriptions
Lisinopril (brand names include Prinivil and Zestril), a blood pressure drug ??? 87.4 million prescriptions
Generic Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), synthetic thyroid hormone ??? 70.5 million prescriptions
Generic Norvasc (amlodipine besylate), an angina/blood pressure drug ??? 57.2 million prescriptions
Generic Prilosec (omeprazole), an antacid drug ??? 53.4 million prescriptions (does not include over-the-counter sales)

Yeah. I agree and its not like the american diet is helping people get away from metabolic disorders... I find it pretty sad actually

|Z|

Orbit Nutrition Rep

IML Gear Cream!

Generic Zocor (simvastatin), a cholesterol-lowering statin drug ??? 94.1 million prescriptions
Lisinopril (brand names include Prinivil and Zestril), a blood pressure drug ??? 87.4 million prescriptions
Generic Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), synthetic thyroid hormone ??? 70.5 million prescriptions
Generic Norvasc (amlodipine besylate), an angina/blood pressure drug ??? 57.2 million prescriptions
Generic Prilosec (omeprazole), an antacid drug ??? 53.4 million prescriptions (does not include over-the-counter sales)

yeah that stood out as obvious. reading it i pictured obese people sitting inside a mcdonalds in a wal mart eating double cheese burgers with a basket full of nutritionless processed foods.

the one that actually suprised me though was the thyroid medication. didn't realize that many people have thyroid issues :hmmm:

How did I just KNOW, a painkiller would be number one?:hmmm:

Back