Why do they waste their time?

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Why do they waste their time?

So I returned to an old gym where I used to train. I left there 6 months ago to train closer to my home. Well, the same people that were there six months ago are still there, and still look the same. They haven't lost weight, or gained muscle or toned up...nothing. Why in the hell do they bother going? And especially at 5:30am????? It simply puzzles me...

big for a notbig

Rep Points

duh...they don't want to get all bulky. They're just trying to "maintain".
    Cumming day and night.

Rep Points

They haven't put the entire puzzle together yet. Diet, training, rest etc. They might never get it right. But hitting the gym @ 5:30 consistently? Once they do realize how to properly train, at least they'll have the work ethic.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by FitnessBlogger View Post
    They haven't put the entire puzzle together yet. Diet, training, rest etc. Once they do realize how to properly train, at least they'll have the work ethic.
    This defines my experience from 1994 till early 2010. Banging away at the gym, making some gains, but having no idea of the importance of nutrition, heavy compound movements, rest..... my gains were quite limited. That all changed one day in April 2010. I'm bigger and stronger now than ever.

Better late than never.

Rep Points

Amen to this. Same for me. I had about 10 lost years in the gym. When you are young just about anything works. After a certain age you need to work as smart as you do hard. Doing the same thing over and over and ignoring the importance of diet jsut gets you no where.

Rep Points

I too spent 2 years in a gym (without any girl in sight) just gained strength,no muscle,no shape,got a family pack ab from a 4 pack now i changed gym,where the instructors teach us correct form of an exercise,and am doing great now !!

Rep Points

Maintenance or they workout just to feel better not to look different.
    To speak before you think is like wiping your ass before you shit!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GMO View Post
    So I returned to an old gym where I used to train. I left there 6 months ago to train closer to my home. Well, the same people that were there six months ago are still there, and still look the same. They haven't lost weight, or gained muscle or toned up...nothing. Why in the hell do they bother going? And especially at 5:30am????? It simply puzzles me...

Better question, How come you struggle to recognize retarded/delusional people?

Anabolic Whore
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by triplstep View Post
    This defines my experience from 1994 till early 2010. Banging away at the gym, making some gains, but having no idea of the importance of nutrition, heavy compound movements, rest..... my gains were quite limited. That all changed one day in April 2010. I'm bigger and stronger now than ever.

Better late than never.
    16 years in a gym before you finally gained the knowledge to achieve some gains? I would have threw in the towel and picked up binge drinking.

Like you said... better late than never.
    Disclaimer: All information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. Everything posted is for entertainment purposes only. ANIMALHOUSE is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way use, encourage, nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Rep Points

Every body's goals are different.I did a b/b routine/diet for awhile made good gains but didn't enjoy it awhole lot.
    Now i do a semi b/b lifting routine to keep muscle and gain some strength but with alot more att. on conditioning heavy-bag,hill-sprints,prowler,ect in better shape and enjoy it in a sick way!5:30 in the morning im hammering a heavy-bag for 30min and then doing a medicine ball w/o.
    Lifting like an anamal in the eve(love my wights)and doing some prowler pushs post.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova View Post
    Every body's goals are different.
    Many of them more unreasonable than others.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMALHOUSE View Post
    16 years in a gym before you finally gained the knowledge to achieve some gains? I would have threw in the towel and picked up binge drinking.

Like you said... better late than never.
    Bro you got that not right.....

Quote Originally Posted by triplstep View Post
    from 1994 till early 2010, making some gains, but having no idea of the importance of nutrition, heavy compound movements, rest.....
    That 16 years set the table for me to lift heavy when the time came. I'm 51 and front squatting two + wheels. That kicks ass in my book, so it wasn't any where near a waste. I stayed healthy, fit, and injury free.

Also I did take up binge drinking

Rep Points

I think everyone goes through a period of time when they think they know what they are doing, but eventually realize they had it all wrong. Some people figure this out quicker than others.

Rep Points

yup.... there is nothing wrong with being happy and just moving because you enjoy it
    !!!
    you would THINK that if they did have a goal and after a few months were not seeing anything they would take a look at things??