Former Obama spokesman: American people too smart for Trump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

By David Jackson, USA TODAY

Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs is on the speaking circuit these days, talking up his former boss President Obama and talking down potential Republican challenger Donald Trump.

"The American people are smarter than the candidacy that (Trump) is offering," Gibbs told a crowd last night at Union College in Schenectady, N.Y.

Gibbs took particularly aim at Trump's suggestions that Obama was not born in Hawaii.

"If he thinks he can build a campaign on the president's birth certificate, I don't think he will be hired by the American people," Gibbs said. "In the end, I don't think he runs."

The former press secretary -- who may be a consultant to Obama's 2012 campaign -- said he's surprised at the slow-starting Republican campaign. He cast Mitt Romney as the front-runner for the GOP nomination, and said Mike Huckabee could be a tough opponent.

Gibbs said the Obama administration has turned around the economy, though it remains a pressing election issue.

"I think there's still a tremendous amount of economic anxiety and economic hardship," Gibbs said.

Obama deserves credit for avoiding another depression, he added.

"We came into work and we didn't know was today going to be the day the housing market fully collapsed, was today the day another huge bank was going to go under," Gibbs said.

By the way, we expect Gibbs to return to the White House on Friday. His favorite football team, the Auburn Tigers, are being honored by Obama for the winning the national title earlier this year.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Sancho

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
    Rep Points

That's funny because I just read where a USA Today/Gallop poll said 38% believe Obama was definitely born in the US.

Rep Points

Sure. Decades of real world success in domestic and international business, but he couldn't possibly do better than Obama. He definitely won't get elected on the birther issue tho. That almost makes him look like he isn't serious about running.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

obama's people are obviously scared of losing to trump or they wouldn't make stupid statements like this.....it should read "the american people weren't smart in voting for obama"
    www.euroking-gear.net
    please know and follow the laws of your country regarding aas

Sancho

Rep Points

Still, in the USA TODAY poll, only 38% of Americans say Obama definitely was born in the USA, and 18% say he probably was. Fifteen percent say he probably was born in another country, and 9% say he definitely was born elsewhere.
    Poll: What kind of president would Donald Trump make? - USATODAY.com

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by irish_2003 View Post
    obama's people are obviously scared of losing to trump or they wouldn't make stupid statements like this.....it should read "the american people weren't smart in voting for obama"
    Agreed. They are very worried about Trump running and what they will have to face and up to. They don't won't Trump running.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

yeah you guys are right, because Ross Perot did so well when he ran.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    the country wasn't as bad off as it is now......who knows how it would have been different results for Perot if we had 3 wars going on and over 14 trillion in debt back then.....
    www.euroking-gear.net

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

the country wasn't as bad off as it is now......who knows how it would have been different results for Perot if we had 3 wars going on and over 14 trillion in debt back then.....
    you're right, it sounds like a great time to put a business man in charge of 3 wars who has ZERO political experience, and a man that files bankruptcy on a regular basis.

Sancho

Rep Points

you're right, it sounds like a great time to put a business man in charge of 3 wars who has ZERO political experience, and a man that files bankruptcy on a regular basis.

How much national political experience did Obama have? Maybe 2 years? And how well has that worked out for the middle class? Because of Obama Britain hates us, Saudi hates us, Poland hates us and Putin looked him in the eye and said that bitch could never press the button.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimpin View Post
    How much national political experience did Obama have? Maybe 2 years? And how well has that worked out for the middle class? Because of Obama Britain hates us, Saudi hates us, Poland hates us and Putin looked him in the eye and said that bitch could never press the button.
    Not much, so why the hell would we put someone in charge with NO experience? It sounds like a time to look for a candidate that can do better than Obama not worse, but what do I know.

And if Trump runs America the way he runs his business we will be in more debt, I guess he can always try and file bankruptcy with China?

The People's choice

Rep Points

Maybe he can file bankruptcy for the USA and tell everyone we owe to piss off. If they want thier money we will give them 30 cents on the dollar and if they don't like that, they get nothing.
    Don't tread on me!!
    Quit Bitching, Start a Revolution
    Don't fuck with old people, they're unpredictable....
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Is reddog a mod yet?

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Owned!

Owned again!

Not much, so why the hell would we put someone in charge with NO experience? It sounds like a time to look for a candidate that can do better than Obama not worse, but what do I know.

And if Trump runs America the way he runs his business we will be in more debt, I guess he can always try and file bankruptcy with China?
    Third time's the charm.

Yeah, you guys go on ahead and put your faith into a television reality show personality. Bahahahaha, tards.
    Fucking Determined!

Sancho

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Owned!

Owned again!

Third time's the charm.

Yeah, you guys go on ahead and put your faith into a television reality show personality. Bahahahaha, tards.

How is anyone putting their faith in shit? Is Trump officially running? This is nothing more than a topic on message forum to me.

Rep Points

So being a community organizer, teaching Saul Alinsky at Harvard Law School, and one half of a term in the US senate prepared Obama to run the country? If that's the kind of experience needed to run the Federal govt, it's no wonder we're in 3 wars and 14 trillion in debt.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GearsMcGilf View Post
    So being a community organizer, teaching Saul Alinsky at Harvard Law School, and one half of a term in the US senate prepared Obama to run the country? If that's the kind of experience needed to run the Federal govt, it's no wonder we're in 3 wars and 14 trillion in debt.
    i must spread around reputations before awarding you with any more again it says!
    www.euroking-gear.net

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

How many wars were we in and how much was our debt when Bush w took office? What were the same figure when Obama took office?

The answer points to a glaring fact that experience, and/or lack of experience has little to do with being an effective leader.
    Fucking Determined!

Banned

Rep Points

I'm not a trump fan at all. But, it leaves me wondering with all the bashing on him in this thread. You make remarks of his business records and failings. You make remark that he cannot handle now 3 wars going on. You also relate him to Ross Perot? Who are you kidding, Prince. What the fuck did Barry bring to the table? Did not finish one term and was a community organizer? It just goes to show ANYTHING is possible in America and experience be damned, they want a good showman/speaker.

I don't go for Trump's bullshit. I read and heard his comments way before he ever considered running - now he's acting like he's the true conservative voice. Any conservative that does their homework will boot his ass to the curb in a heartbeat. Cut the BS drivle though, there are some actual things to play down Trump and you chose to instead bring up nonsense.

Owned? Owned again? You must be getting sore in the ass riding the prime moderator.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

$5 dollars a gallon or more.......how's that for "hope" and "change"!!!
    www.euroking-gear.net

Banned

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    How many wars were we in and how much was our debt when Bush w took office? What were the same figure when Obama took office?

The answer points to a glaring fact that experience, and/or lack of experience has little to do with being an effective leader.
    I already put out the exact facts and figures of our war costs since 1992. Barry's healthcare trumps that by far, not including all the other spending including bailouts to overseas banks and wotnot.

Let's see.. experience? You have a CEO position open at a company. Instead of hiring someone with credentials from former successfully run positions at other companies, you would rather hire the fry cook at McDonalds. There are words you are typing, but they fail to make much sense.

Rep Points

Have to admit, debates would probably be the best ever. Since we all know Trump wouldn't stick to the script.
    "No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide." ~Fight Club

Sancho

Rep Points

It was $1.25/gal here February 2009......

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by phosphor View Post
    I already put out the exact facts and figures of our war costs since 1992. Barry's healthcare trumps that by far, not including all the other spending including bailouts to overseas banks and wotnot.
    No way that's true, healthcare has cost $0, I'm certain Iraq and Afghanistan cost more than that, and Iraq alone cost more than Obama's portion of the bailouts. Glad to hear from Gibbs that the economy has turned around, though, I'm gonna start lighting my weed with Benjamns, y'all.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Sancho

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by omerta2010 View Post
    Have to admit, debates would probably be the best ever. Since we all know Trump wouldn't stick to the script.

Not to mention Trump would kick Obama's ass in a non-teleprompter debate.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

I believe it was the Bush administration that started the first two wars, and Obama was pressured into the third war.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

where in the US is it $5/gal?

here in Colorado its leveled off at around $3.50/gal and now the "experts" are saying gas prices will not get as high as the initially thought.

Sancho

Rep Points

I believe it was the Bush administration that started the first two wars, and Obama was pressured into the third war.

Pressured by who? The US Congress?

Sancho

Rep Points

where in the US is it $5/gal?

here in Colorado its leveled off at around $3.50/gal and now the "experts" are saying gas prices will not get as high as the initially thought.

It's $5.69 near the airport in Orlando.

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It's obvious, only a person with an (R) in front of his name is the only criteria for some when choosing a prez. Oh, yeah, and he can't be black.

Rep Points

I would like to go on record as saying that Trump would be a terrible president and anyone who thinks otherwise is, literally, an idiot. He's declared bankruptcy for his companies at least 3 times. It would be fun to watch the Chinese call in their $1 trillion in treasuries when he tells them to go fuck themselves, though.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast