• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

FDA to regulate E-cigarettes same as other tobacco products

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
FDA to regulate E-cigarettes same as other tobacco products

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Smokeless electronic cigarettes are expected to be regulated in the same way other tobacco products are.

The Food and Drug Administration said it will not seek to regulate them under stricter rules for drug-delivery devices.

The news is considered a victory for makers and distributors of e-cigarettes, which continue to gain popularity worldwide.

E-cigarettes are plastic and metal devices that heat a liquid nicotine solution in a disposable cartridge, creating vapor that the "smoker" inhales. A tiny light on the tip even glows like a real cigarette.

Users say e-cigarettes use a nicotine vapor that gives them the sensation of smoking without the 4,000 chemicals found in traditional cigarettes.

First marketed overseas in 2002, e-cigarettes didn't become easily available in the U.S. until late 2006. Now, the industry has grown from the thousands of users in 2006 to several million worldwide, with tens of thousands new e-smokers every week.

No timeline was set for the proposed rule changes.

Weird stuff

The funny thing is vaporizing has been around a long time in head shops for weed smokers.

The funny thing is vaporizing has been around a long time in head shops for weed smokers.

I says it's the Nicotine - the 4k chems, so would you say its safe? Its the 4k carcinogens that kill you. So maybe the Nic vapor wouldnt be so bad????

I don't know what it is that they put in cigarettes but it's pretty scary.

I enjoy cigars which is basically pure tobacco leaves, with a higher nicotine content. Yet I'm not craving and dying to smoke one every hour.

I though E- cigarettes are much better than those made from tobacco but I heard that E-cigarettes have been classified by the FDA as a tobacco product, keeping them from harsher regulation as narcotic delivery devices. The devices use a nicotine laced vapor which gives the user the sensation of smoking. The critics do not like them, as they believe the devices are just as bad as the real thing. Here is the proof: Electronic cigarettes escape harsh regulation by FDA. How sad I thought it could be a better choice since I want to get rid of tobacco.

im tired of govt. telling me what when where and how. like their some kind of omnipotent father and we are all stupid short-bus children

Nicotine is bad anyway you have it and it has no benefits for the body or mind at all other than curing the craving for itself. Nicotine is used in pesticides and is deadly if taken in too high of an amount. Marijuanna through a vaporizer now that is safe smoking with benefits. Amazing that cigs are legal and vaporized marjuanna is not.

Thats lame, there is other things to worry more about.

Back