IronMagLabs

25% Off Black Friday Sale

Omega-3 fatty acids may be anabolic

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    5/3/1
    BOARD REP
    Marat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,121
    Rep Points
    38116404


  2. #2
    Member
    BOARD REP


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    268
    Rep Points
    13569875

    "the anabolic response to insulin and amino acid infusion was greater after LCn-3PUFA......muscle protein concentration and the protein-to-DNA ratio (i.e., muscle cell size) were both greater (P < 0.05) after LCn-3PUFA supplementation. We conclude that LCn-3PUFA have anabolic properties in healthy young and middle aged adults."

    Pretty sweet!



    |Z|

    Orbit Nutrition Rep

  3. #3
    Super Majin Saiyan
    TJTJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    'Merica!
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Points
    116588017

    I'll repeat that

    "...but the anabolic response to insulin and amino acid infusion was greater after LCn-3PUFA (i.e., the muscle protein fractional synthesis rate during insulin and amino acid infusion increased from 0.062 ± 0.004 to 0.083 ± 0.007 %·h-1 and the phospho mTORSer2448 and p70s6kThr389 concentrations increased by ~50%; all P < 0.05)..."

    Translation please. How great of an increase is that?
    It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, so long as you beat the leprechauns.
    TJTJ is fictional character and purely theoretical.

  4. #4
    Member
    BOARD REP


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    268
    Rep Points
    13569875

    Quote Originally Posted by TJTJ View Post
    I'll repeat that

    "...but the anabolic response to insulin and amino acid infusion was greater after LCn-3PUFA (i.e., the muscle protein fractional synthesis rate during insulin and amino acid infusion increased from 0.062 ± 0.004 to 0.083 ± 0.007 %·h-1 and the phospho mTORSer2448 and p70s6kThr389 concentrations increased by ~50%; all P < 0.05)..."

    Translation please. How great of an increase is that?
    33.87% increase

  5. #5
    Super Majin Saiyan
    TJTJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    'Merica!
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Points
    116588017

    NICE! 8weeks of 4g of Levitra. I wonder and wish if it could be the same for naturals and not the synthetic form. OTC is much easier and cheaper then having to deal with big pharma.
    It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, so long as you beat the leprechauns.
    TJTJ is fictional character and purely theoretical.

  6. #6
    5/3/1
    BOARD REP
    Marat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,121
    Rep Points
    38116404

    Quote Originally Posted by TJTJ View Post
    OTC is much easier and cheaper then having to deal with big pharma.
    Same stuff but a relatively guaranteed level of purity. The big fish oil brands (including costco/kirkland) have consistently tested as high grade.

  7. #7
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,212
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Nice abstract, thank you!

    I use Omega 3 fish oils daily. There are a ton of benefits from Omega 3 ingestion.

    Looks like we now have proof of another benefit as well.



    IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    IronMag Research Now Open! - heavyiron15 for 15% off!


    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.



  8. #8
    Member
    BOARD REP


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    268
    Rep Points
    13569875

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Nice abstract, thank you!

    I use Omega 3 fish oils daily. There are a ton of benefits from Omega 3 ingestion.

    Looks like we now have proof of another benefit as well.
    Yup, its almost a dis-service to yourself to not make sure you consume them!

    |Z|

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 11:20 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 11:20 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 01:57 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 11:24 AM
  5. Omega Fatty Acids
    By WVUDennis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->