artificial sweetener

artificial sweetener

Hey guys I am on a cutting diet but I am also a college student and finals are coming up so that means I need to stay awake! Well after I work out, like most people, I tire but I need to stay alert so I usually have a coffee about an hour and half after I workout. I use about 8 packets of Splenda in the large coffee and I was just wondering if that will delay my fat loss. Thanks!

Non-Elite Member

Rep Points

8 packets!!! That can't be good.

i hate the taste without sweeteners

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by x~factor View Post
    8 packets!!! That can't be good.
    agreed !

Rep Points

Try stevia instead way better for ya.

BodybyBUILT

Rep Points

I second the stevia - just don't overdo that either, cause too much makes whatever you are using it for taste kinda bitter. I switched to stevia about a year ago, because even the artificial sweeteners affected my blood sugars. It took awhile to get used to, and to learn how much to put in. The liquids are better than the powders, imo, for drinks. However, Walmart sells the powder in packets, which is handy.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BringDaBlitz94 View Post
    Hey guys I am on a cutting diet but I am also a college student and finals are coming up so that means I need to stay awake! Well after I work out, like most people, I tire but I need to stay alert so I usually have a coffee about an hour and half after I workout. I use about 8 packets of Splenda in the large coffee and I was just wondering if that will delay my fat loss. Thanks!
    That will not delay your fat loss at all

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by suppRatings View Post
    That will not delay your fat loss at all
    ^This. So long as you don't have issues with getting food cravings from artificial sweeteners, you don't need to sweat the splenda packets. It is a very small detail in the grand scheme of things for losing weight.

Rep Points

Definitely switch to stevia. You can get it in a liquid form with a dropper or the packets. Liquid is cheaper.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.