• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Looks whos back, back again, LP's back, back again!

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi everyone, I am not here to bleat like a lost sheep or anything about being a hardgainer (fact is im not) I could eat high carb, high fat food all day long and become a fat ass whale like my grandfather, my father and my uncle, but ive decided to flip that the bird and move on.

I had a consultation with a nutritionalist at the gym where i train, and they said that 40 pro/30 carb/20 fat ratio is best for build muscle while keeping bodyfat low. I am 140lbs roughly 12% bodyfat and im 5ft 9 tall. I havent worked out the macros yet, but this is a rough idea of what the nutritonalist suggest was a well rounded diet

Meal 1:
Either:
2 poached eggs on whole wheat toast with some form of fruit
or:
1/2 cup of oatmeal made with 2% fat milk, which nuts/seeds mixed in
or
Protein shake (make with 2% milk) and 2 pieces of fruit

Snack 1:
1 piece of fruit with a handful of nuts/seeds

Meal 2:
A 'HUGE' salad made with two cups of lettuce 6 cherry tomatoes and 1/2 a cucumber 1 and a half, to 2 chicken breasts and whatever other salad veggies you fancy

snack 2
3 wholegrain rice cakes
2tsp cream cheese
3 slices waferthin low sodium/fat ham

meal 3:
Anything you fancy so long as its high starch carbs (potatoes, rice pasta etc) and you dont have high fat meat.

Their advice was anything more than 30g of carbs in one meal would turn into bodyfat as all carbs are a form of sugar, which the body uses as fuel.the least amount of sugar the body can process in one go is 3 and the max of sugar is 5, any more than 5g and the body will store it was bodyfat, between 3 and 5 is a happy medium where the body uses fat for energy instead of carbs.

NB i always drink 2 ltrs of water a day+, and I take a whey shake and a banana post workout, sometimes an expresso pre workout.

Does any of what i said make sense? I am looking to bulk but keep bodyfat low as i said my father side of the family are prone to gaining huge ammount of fat and that is the last thing I want.

That is not enough food

Hi everyone, I am not here to bleat like a lost sheep or anything about being a hardgainer (fact is im not) I could eat high carb, high fat food all day long and become a fat ass whale like my grandfather, my father and my uncle, but ive decided to flip that the bird and move on.

I had a consultation with a nutritionalist at the gym where i train, and they said that 40 pro/30 carb/20 fat ratio is best for build muscle while keeping bodyfat low.
Oh wow. I suppose I'm not surprised, but no, that's not at all true. There is no magic ratio - the body really cannot do math; it doesn't know what ratio you eat. It does, on the other hand, understand calories.

I am 140lbs roughly 12% bodyfat and im 5ft 9 tall. I havent worked out the macros yet, but this is a rough idea of what the nutritonalist suggest was a well rounded diet

Meal 1:
Either:
or:
or

Snack 1:

Meal 2:
A 'HUGE' salad made with two cups of lettuce 6 cherry tomatoes and 1/2 a cucumber 1 and a half, to 2 chicken breasts and whatever other salad veggies you fancy

snack 2
3 wholegrain rice cakes
2tsp cream cheese

meal 3:
Anything you fancy so long as its high starch carbs (potatoes, rice pasta etc) and you dont have high fat meat.

Their advice was anything more than 30g of carbs in one meal would turn into bodyfat as all carbs are a form of sugar, which the body uses as fuel.the least amount of sugar the body can process in one go is 3 and the max of sugar is 5, any more than 5g and the body will store it was bodyfat, between 3 and 5 is a happy medium where the body uses fat for energy instead of carbs.
That's awesome. Not a word of it true, but fabulous nonetheless. Wow.

NB i always drink 2 ltrs of water a day+, and I take a whey shake and a banana post workout, sometimes an expresso pre workout.

This part's fine.
Does any of what i said make sense? I am looking to bulk but keep bodyfat low as i said my father side of the family are prone to gaining huge ammount of fat and that is the last thing I want.

What calories are you running, and what do your workouts look like?

I had a consultation with a nutritionalist at the gym where i train, and they said that 40 pro/30 carb/20 fat ratio is best for build muscle while keeping bodyfat low. I am 140lbs roughly 12% bodyfat and im 5ft 9 tall. I havent worked out the macros yet, but this is a rough idea of what the nutritonalist suggest was a well rounded diet

Meal 1:
Either:
or:
or

Snack 1:

Meal 2:

snack 2
3 wholegrain rice cakes
2tsp cream cheese

meal 3:

My mistake 3tsp of sugar in the least and 5tsp of sugar is the most (ie 25g is the most).

My workouts are circuit based, 3 exercises back to back then 30 seconds rest, I do this for 3 sets. I do weights monday, tuesday, thursday, and friday, and do 30 mins of interval cardio training on a wednesday.

Your nutritionist sucks. The End.

Is this person a registered dietician? Not that that even seems to matter nowadays but I'd like to know.

"Anything more than 30grams of carbs turns into fat".... You're fucking with me dude? Stop!

Your nutritionist sucks. The End.

Is this person a registered dietician? Not that that even seems to matter nowadays but I'd like to know.

"Anything more than 30grams of carbs turns into fat".... You're fucking with me dude? Stop!

More than 30g of carbs at a time, (so they said) spikes insulin which overtimes leads to an of increase of bodyfat

No. That's not how it works. Eating more food than you need leads to an increase in bodyWEIGHT. If you partition that weight into muscle, you're golden. Most of us will partition into muscle and fat; there's a limit to how fast you can pack on muscle, but you can pack fat on FAST. Therefore, eat more excess calories than your body can partition into muscle, and you'll gain bodyfat.

That's it.

IML Gear Cream!
As an fyi, a lot of people don't actually get the insulin spike from carbohydrate - type II diabetics, for example. Their first-phase insulin response is impaired. You actually NEED that first phase response. You might be surprised to know that plain whey in water will elicit a strong spike in insulin; in fact, if a type II diabetic takes a whey shake before a meal, the first-phase insulin response becomes normal, and in so doing, these individuals are able to forgo drugs like Metformin. Look up leucine and insulin response; you'll be surprised.

Back