• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Broccoli and Cauliflower for Prostate Cancer Prevention

TJTJ

Super Majin Saiyan
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
[FONT=&quot]A diet rich in cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower, may be associated with a reduced risk of aggressive prostate cancer, a new study reports.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Prostate cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cancerous cells in the prostate gland. The prostate, located in front of the rectum and under the bladder, is part of a man's reproductive system. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Prostate cancer is the most common non-skin cancer in America, affecting one in six men. Researchers estimate that more than 218,000 men in the United States will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2007. Although only one out of 10,000 men younger than age 40 will be diagnosed, the rate increases up to one out of 39 for men between the ages of 40 to 59, and one out of 14 for men between the ages of 60 to 69. More than 65 percent of all prostate cancers are diagnosed in men older than 65 years of age.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When diagnosed and treated early, prostate cancer has a cure rate of more than 90 percent. It is extremely important to be diagnosed early, and healthcare professionals recommend men who are 50 years of age and older get screened for prostate cancer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Researchers from Cancer Care Ontario in Toronto, Canada, evaluated the association between prostate cancer risk and the intake of fruits and vegetables in 1,338 patients with prostate cancer among 29,361 men in the screening arm of the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial. In the study, participants completed both a general risk factor and a 137-item food-frequency questionnaire at baseline.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The researchers found that vegetable and fruit consumption was not related to prostate cancer risk overall. However, high intake of cruciferous vegetables, especially broccoli and cauliflower, may be associated with reduced risk of aggressive prostate cancer. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
There was also some evidence that the risk of aggressive prostate cancer decreased with increasing spinach consumption, but the findings were not consistently statistically significant when restricted to stage III or IV prostate tumors.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Prostate cancer is a growing area of interest for researchers. There is good scientific evidence that selenium supplementation can reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Posted at 09:00 AM in Evidence-Based Research,

Really? Not even a post? This is some very important information for us men. Plus they supply the body with great nutrients!

I dig'm, they make me bust ass fierce, might be why cancer don't stand a chance in your ass if you eat them :sorry:

What? you mean it makes you fart? thats just from soluble and insoluble fiber. which I can tell you arent getting enough of. after eating whole foods. you know the kinds the earth makes, your body gets used to it.

Keep eating them

I eat a very strict whole food diet, it's just that super rich fiberous food has it's way with me and saturating my diet with them is not a choice I make. i do better with fiber from sources with less fermentable qualities. And there are many way s to protect your prostate health. Good info though thanks.

bump

Us men in their mid 30s to 40 and of all ages should eat this anyways.

bumping it up.

Makes sense, cruciferous vegetables are high in sulfurophane which initiates the NRF-2 stage 2 cell detoxification pathway.

IML Gear Cream!
HI dear,

It is true broccoli and cauliflower are good vegetables for the cancer prevention.
Modern research has prove that broccoli and cauliflower play an important role for controlling cancer. We should use these vegetables in raw form or in salad for getting better results.

HI dear,

It is true broccoli and cauliflower are good vegetables for the cancer prevention.
Modern research has prove that broccoli and cauliflower play an important role for controlling cancer. We should use these vegetables in raw form or in salad for getting better results.

any comment?

Fitness Club Maitland

Prostate Cancer Prevention

I also found another interesting university laboratory study on mice which states that an African Plum Tree Bark called the pygeum africanum prevents prostate cancer in high risk men. We cannot find out who are at high risk and who are not unless PSA levels are checked regularly after 40?s. However, prevention is better than cure. Since the discussion is on prevention foods or supplements there is no harm in trying pygeum africanum bark extract. More about this research study can be found in ProstatePh.com.

I remember a study in readers digest suggesting broccoli and tomatoes eaten together are synergistic when it comes to protecting the old prostate. Love the veggies.

Makes sense, cruciferous vegetables are high in sulfurophane which initiates the NRF-2 stage 2 cell detoxification pathway.

What may even make more sense is the Di indole methane , which acts as an anti estrogen which has recently been shown to have mor eimpact on prostate cancer than androgens (dht). Possibly a combo of both factors.

I remember a study in readers digest suggesting broccoli and tomatoes eaten together are synergistic when it comes to protecting the old prostate. Love the veggies.

The lycopene in tomatoes is said to be good for the prostate. Powerful anti oxidant.

Back