Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

high fructose corn syrup

Rep Points

high fructose corn syrup

Alright guys well I have been working my butt off in the gym and on my off days i play around 3 hours of competative basketball. I am looking to cut alot of body fat but today I ran into a surprise. I was eating some Special K crackers I bought yesterday because they were on sale and only 90 calories for 17 crackers with 12g carb, 2g sugar, and 1g fat. I was shopping quickly so I didnt get a chance to read the ingredients but today I did. I found out the crackers contain high fructose corn syrup. My question is will eating these crackers (1 serving = 17 crackers) once a day hurt my goals of losing fat?

Rep Points

HFCS is almost identical to table sugar. Table sugar is 50/50 fructoce/glucose, HFCS is 55/45%

So... LOL, no. It's just carbs.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

^That. It's no worse than ordinary sucrose - HFCS is just as bad.

In general, starches = good carbs and anything with fructose = bad carb, but most people can easily handle 20g of fructose daily. The problem comes when you eat a LOT of fructose - I seem to recall reading something recently that suggested the average intake went from 15g around the turn of the century, to over 70g of fructose daily today.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Yeah, that is pretty much just sugar, and if its in crackers, then its not enough to cause any weight gain. Although crackers and sugar are similar in terms of micromolecules, they're both eventually carbohydrates, which is energy unless you are sedentary, then its triglycerides. (fat)