• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Group collects signatures to gain approval to legalize medical marijuana in Arkansas

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Group collects signatures to gain approval to legalize medical marijuana in Arkansas

(NaturalNews) After failing to successfully gain enough signatures for ballot approval in 2004, advocates of legalized medical marijuana in the state of Arkansas have finally gained an opportunity to have a medical marijuana initiative placed on the 2012 ballot.

According to a recent Reuters report, Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel has certified a proposed medical marijuana measure, which gives its advocates until July 6, 2012, to collect a minimum of 62,507 signatures from at least 15 Arkansas counties in order to qualify the measure for inclusion on the November 2012 general election ballot.

"We want to ensure that sick and dying patients in Arkansas have the ability to get the medicine they need, and that is sometimes medical marijuana," said Ryan Denham, campaign director for Arkansans for Compassionate Care, a coalition of concerned physicians, patients, and allies who agree that sick and dying patients should have access to medical marijuana with a doctor's recommendation. The group is currently leading the charge to get the measure approved.

If all 62,507 signatures are collected by the July 6, 2012, deadline, Arkansas voters will have the opportunity to vote directly on the measure, which permits patients with serious diseases like AIDS and cancer to use medical marijuana as an alternative to harmful drug treatments that carry with them debilitating side effects.

And just like the medical marijuana legislation that has already been passed in 15 other states and the District of Columbia (DC), the Arkansas medical marijuana law would apply strictly to those with valid medical conditions. The bill would also allow approved patients to grow up to six marijuana plants of their own at home.

The group contends that marijuana is an effective treatment for neuropathic and other kinds of pain, nausea, spasticity, glaucoma, and movement disorders, and that it helps to stimulate the appetites of patients afflicted with HIV, AIDS, Chron's disease, ulcerative colitis, and dementia. More than 300 volunteers and 60 patients are currently working to gather signatures of approval, and the group is still recruiting new volunteers to help contribute to the cause.

MJ can't remain schedule I for much longer! :ohyeah:

Problem is I have heard that those that get the prescriptions for it, the insurance companies drop their coverage on that person. Not sure if true or not.

Problem is I have heard that those that get the prescriptions for it, the insurance companies drop their coverage on that person. Not sure if true or not.

that wouldn't surprise me but actually you would think they would increase the premium vs being cancelled. I know when I got my term life policy with state farm in 2000 they put me in with the smokers because I test + for THC. The agent actually took a swab right there in the office.

the US is the only country held hostage by a health care system..fuking ridiculous. I though for profit company's were supposed to work for their customers not the share holders.

that wouldn't surprise me but actually you would think they would increase the premium vs being cancelled. I know when I got my term life policy with state farm in 2000 they put me in with the smokers because I test + for THC. The agent actually took a swab right there in the office.

the US is the only country held hostage by a health care system..fuking ridiculous. I though for profit company's were supposed to work for their customers not the share holders.

Wait, you mean for profit health insurance companies don't care about their customers? Surely you jest.

Wait, you mean for profit health insurance companies don't care about their customers? Surely you jest.

Dale take a look at the graphs below:

Even if they removed the for-profit nature of our healthcare system, people still don't take good enough care of themselves to cause a significant dent in our healthcare costs. How much money do you think could be saved by the individual AND whoever is providing the insurance if the individual cuts out processed/sugar and exercises now rather than going on Metformin, getting bariatirc surgery, having a stroke/heart attack in 10-20 years? The way we practice medicine is horrible. We are taught that we don't have to take care of ourselves, we just need to take a pill and it's business as usual. Then you die at 62 of diabetes. But, I do agree that this is a socioeconomic thing as well. People in the middle/lower classes don't have access to good care and go in to a big hole when they get sick, typically too big to climb out of. In addition, if you take a look at the Whitehall Study that looked at socio-economic determinants of health, holding nearly everything else constant (Including healthcare), people lower on the rungs get sicker more, experience cardiovascular disease and a 3x higher mortality rate. If you factor in the lesser care you get from being middle/lower class in the states, I would expect it to be much higher. Still, IMO you are your first line of defense in living a healthy life, and whether insurance is provided by the gov or for-profit companies is a much smaller factor than what you put in your body and your activity level.

Whitehall Study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The way we practice medicine is horrible. We are taught that we don't have to take care of ourselves, we just need to take a pill and it's business as usual. Then you die at 62 of diabetes. But, I do agree that this is a socioeconomic thing as well. People in the middle/lower classes don't have access to good care and go in to a big hole when they get sick, typically too big to climb out of. In addition, if you take a look at the Whitehall Study that looked at socio-economic determinants of health, holding nearly everything else constant (Including healthcare), people lower on the rungs get sicker more, experience cardiovascular disease and a 3x higher mortality rate. If you factor in the lesser care you get from being middle/lower class in the states, I would expect it to be much higher. Still, IMO you are your first line of defense in living a healthy life, and whether insurance is provided by the gov or for-profit companies is a much smaller factor than what you put in your body and your activity level.

Whitehall Study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

below are some numbers from a Gallup pole in 2008:

Approximately 6 in 10 Americans indicate they regularly engage in moderate exercise (59% in 2007); about half as many regularly engage in vigorous exercise (32%); and about half as many as that report doing regular weight training (15%).

Personally I think those numbers are inflated. I also know that the majority of people that do are not exercising at high enough levels of intensity to ever reap the benefits. for those that are heart healthy, exercise isn't supposed to be easy.

It surely doesn't help when they have reduced Phys Ed in primary to 1-2 hrs a week in many areas. When I was in elementary school there was literally one fat kid and one fat girl in our grade. now you see packs of these little heifers wobbling around and they all have rolls and bulges.

Last edited:

Those last two, especially the last one pisses me off. The second to last, glad to see the tuition hikes. This is absurd - just to get a higher education, we are bent over a barrel bigtime. The last one, you and I both know that the life expectancy and related cost hikes do not compute in a country infested with cheeto eating fatasses. If I had to justify the extra costs (big if), it's making new drugs and performing procedures just to keep them from keeling over by age 50. Just saying.

below are some numbers from a Gallup pole in 2008:

Approximately 6 in 10 Americans indicate they regularly engage in moderate exercise (59% in 2007); about half as many regularly engage in vigorous exercise (32%); and about half as many as that report doing regular weight training (15%).

Personally I think those numbers are inflated. I also know that the majority of people that do are not exercising at high enough levels of intensity to ever reap the benefits. for those that are heart healthy, exercise isn't supposed to be easy.

It surely doesn't help when they have reduced Phys Ed in primary to 1-2 hrs a week in many areas. When I was in elementary school there was literally one fat kid and one fat girl in our grade. now you see packs of these little heifers wobbling around and they all have rolls and bulges.

If you regularly engage in moderate or vigorous exercise 7 hours a week, way more than most, that still leaves 161 hours of laying on your ass.

IML Gear Cream!
if they ever reversed the laws on MDMA i'd become a psychiatrist so i could study it!!!

The second to last, glad to see the tuition hikes. This is absurd - just to get a higher education, we are bent over a barrel bigtime.

considering that wages in most markets have been stagnant for decades, the unemployment rate for college graduates is 10% right now and student loan default rates have been increasing the past decade, the college degree for many is not an investment anymore but a loss. since our economy has shifted to being service oriented and away from manufacturing "educated" people are in less demand.

NCAA brackets are also based on tuition rates which just adds fuel to the fire.

Check out the doc that I attached it's from the 2010 Census Report on Capital Spending. Basically there has been almost no investment in the US over the past decade.

if they ever reversed the laws on MDMA i'd become a psychiatrist so i could study it!!!

It is a hell of a drug. I'd never do it again, but it's hell of a drug.

Back