Can you bodybuild gluten free?

Rep Points

Can you bodybuild gluten free?

My doctor says i need to go gluten free. i get bad eczema and various back pain from inflamation. i dont even know what gluten is other than a certain protein found in wheat. does this mean i cant touch carbs anymore? how am i supposed to bulk?

Rep Points

You can find gluten free protein. You will just to go look for gluten-free items at the store.

Saw this on another post somewhere online

protein options:
    beef jerky, pretty easy to make and keeps for months though it takes prep work (please don't use a jerky gun for this - cut the meat and dry it in your oven, but don't use a gun to "squirt it out", just cut the meat into strips!)
    gluten-free protein bars - search the forums for the posts that list a number of them, and there are a number (since I can't have dairy, I tend to go with ruth's flax bars when I want the most protein)
    hemp seeds and flax seeds - in yogurt, on salads, in smoothies, etc.
    protein powders - go straight powder and add fruit/veggies, instead of buying an "all in one" mix for a healthier, less-chemical ridden, option. since I can't have dairy and minimize soy, I go with either rice protein power (MLO or one at Whole Foods), Peaceful Planet's amaranth/quinoa/millet one, or Hemp Protein powder (expensive, but balanced), other options are pure whey, or soy, or egg (and if you check the ingredients, you shouldn't have much trouble verifying gluten-free status)
    hard boiled eggs - they'll stay good in the fridge for 4-5 days, and all you have to do is stick a bunch of eggs in a pot, turn it on, don't let it get quite to boiling (180F is perfect), turn it off, then take the eggs out 30 minutes later), you can cook a dozen at a time!
    make extra chicken and kept leftovers around to grab out of the fridge!

Rep Points

Gluten is basically contained in wheat. The reason why other foods might have gluten is because of cross contamination in the crops, or having things be processed in factories that process wheat.

You can still eat sweet potatoes, yams, fruits for carbs. Test rice, quinoa, couscous.

protein, just shoot for meats, eggs, lotta protein powders are gluten free.

Super Majin Saiyan

Rep Points

Quinoa! Said "Kin-wa" is awesome stuff. Research how much protein and the amino acids it has. its just amazing to me. I love the stuff.

youll have to go to Whole foods or a place like that to find it.
    It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, so long as you beat the leprechauns.
    TJTJ is fictional character and purely theoretical.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kusakup View Post
    You can find gluten free protein. You will just to go look for gluten-free items at the store.

Saw this on another post somewhere online

protein options:
    beef jerky, pretty easy to make and keeps for months though it takes prep work (please don't use a jerky gun for this - cut the meat and dry it in your oven, but don't use a gun to "squirt it out", just cut the meat into strips!)
    gluten-free protein bars - search the forums for the posts that list a number of them, and there are a number (since I can't have dairy, I tend to go with ruth's flax bars when I want the most protein)
    hemp seeds and flax seeds - in yogurt, on salads, in smoothies, etc.
    protein powders - go straight powder and add fruit/veggies, instead of buying an "all in one" mix for a healthier, less-chemical ridden, option. since I can't have dairy and minimize soy, I go with either rice protein power (MLO or one at Whole Foods), Peaceful Planet's amaranth/quinoa/millet one, or Hemp Protein powder (expensive, but balanced), other options are pure whey, or soy, or egg (and if you check the ingredients, you shouldn't have much trouble verifying gluten-free status)
    hard boiled eggs - they'll stay good in the fridge for 4-5 days, and all you have to do is stick a bunch of eggs in a pot, turn it on, don't let it get quite to boiling (180F is perfect), turn it off, then take the eggs out 30 minutes later), you can cook a dozen at a time!
    make extra chicken and kept leftovers around to grab out of the fridge!
    good info

Rep Points

is it advisable to eat a dozen whole eggs a day, or better mix with egg white?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by primo33333 View Post
    is it advisable to eat a dozen whole eggs a day, or better mix with egg white?
    All depends on your goals. the whole egg has 7g protein, 3-4g fat while the egg white only has 3g protein. So if you want ONLY protein only use the whites, if you can handle the extra calories, or want the fat, add in the yellow.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm pretty close to being gluten-free; my sister's got Celiac and I probably do too. Just avoid wheat, barley, malt, rye, and spelt (and probably oats - I avoid those too) and you're fine. Read labels on products - wheat is in a lot of things where you wouldn't expect it, like soy-sauce, for instance.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.