• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I'm only 33 damn it, why does this shit make me feel ancient?

IML Gear Cream!
lets do it for johnny ... stay golden!

We used 8-inch floppy disks when I served in the military.

I still have a Zip Drive at school. In a box collecting dust somewhere.

I'm 21 and I remember using floppy disks when I was little. And 33 is old. You're past you prime and instead of growing up you are now slowly dieing. :coffee:

Thirty-three is young. I'll be 49.

Whippersnappers!

I feel old after watching this :(
j/k you are how old u feel :)

BTW (What u mean the "Yo quiero Taco Bell Chihuahua died 2 years ago" ?? )............................................ I need a moment now :sob:

1993, that was also the year of the, 'Cronic'. ...

YouTube Video

You're on a BB forum sir. The people who are 33yrs old and are "slowly dieing" are twice your size and could snap you like a twig. :lol:

Well, not all of us. But I do have that all-important disposable income and could pay someone to do it for me.

:p

It's crazy how "old" sneaks up on a person. If I woke up at age 17 and looked how I look NOW... THEN? I would have run into the streets screaming.

Hair gone, gray beard, eyesight impaired, joints and back "creaky"? It's like a horror story. :mooh: :eek: lol

Enjoy being 21. It's like vapor.

Ya sort of but up til about 24 you body and brain is developing and then you stat to decline.

My God, man! Your brain is beginning to show signs of atrophy already. And you're only 21! :p

Eyesight issues, eye-hand coordination slipping or perhaps your keyboard is simply dropping every other "r" typed. :mooh:

An "Am I really that old?" anecdote: IronMagLabs National Spokesperson, Aaron Singerman, was co-host of a popular fitness/bodybuilding radio show "Off Topic Radio" with Carl Lanore.

Carl (age 50something) mentioned country singer Glen Campbell during the one show and Aaron did not know who that entertainer was. I'm listening and thinking to myself, "He what? Glen Campbell? Are you serious? "

But then realized that Campbell had his hits in the '70s. :eek:

One of his biggest hits, "Rhinestone Cowboy," was released in 1975. If Singerman is 30 now he was only... not born in 1975.

YouTube Video

We used 8-inch floppy disks when I served in the military.

I still have a Zip Drive at school. In a box collecting dust somewhere.

Thirty-three is young. I'll be 49.

Whippersnappers!

No worries ... 50 is the new 30 !!! :)

My dad was going to night school for a while back in the 80's to learn computers(he didn't graduate 9th grade) he had a card punch machine he taught me how to work that. We had some kind of Atari computer also that plugged into the TV I don't remember much about it but he showed me programming on it; I do remember that.... He soon gave up on computers and tried Flight school to be a pilot for a while( I inherited his chart tools which I used to make drawings), but he gave up and finally got into HVAC chill water systems...

My manager here was an Accountant in the 70's he always use the term Spindle and Mutilate which is connected to the Punch Card era of computing....I learned a bit about that archaic method when I was in Navy Data Processing Technician/Radioman A School....

SUCK IT pony boy!

Guess I went too old school on ya ass. Appology accepted son.

Lol...considering the nature of the thread even I'm not old enough to remember an 8 inch floppy. They came out in 1971 and weren't used in the 80's really. I was thinking of the 5.25". My old 286 had two of those drives so you could copy files back and forth.

I also remember paying $700 for a memory upgrade from 512KB to 640KB so that I could play King's Quest 4.

IML Gear Cream!
Wow 700$ for a memory upgrade that's crazy. You can't even shove 700$ worth of RAM in a computer now, except maybe if it's a server board and that's still pushing it.

I remember my first laptop had a 1 gig hard drive and I couldn't conceive of ever using that much space now I have a 1 TB external hard drive just for music and movies and am fast running out of room on it, hell my phone has 64gb....

Damn all those things bring back memories. Never liked that Angelica bitch in "The Rugrats" :shooter:

Surge tasted like shit :coffee:

I remember my first laptop had a 1 gig hard drive and I couldn't conceive of ever using that much space now I have a 1 TB external hard drive just for music and movies and am fast running out of room on it, hell my phone has 64gb....

my first PC I salvaged from the dumpster at work back in '95. I upgraded the CPU to a PII 233Mhz and the HDD to I think a 300MB western digital for like $600 that lasted me until 2000.

I refuse to use any version of office after 2003.

:coffee:

Also being 33< I feel ya, especially when I go to the gym with my best bud from since b4 school! When you talk about stuff you did almost 30yrs ago together! At least when Im spotting him I can bust his ass about his bald spot!

I refuse to use any version of office after 2003.

I made a promise to myself to never let myself be obstinate to change. I always see these old guys refusing to adapt stuck in their ways, but it seemed more like they were stuck in a rut...

I made a promise to myself to never let myself be obstinate to change. I always see these old guys refusing to adapt stuck in their ways, but it seemed more like they were stuck in a rut...

Fuck all of that. I love new shit, but Office 2007 sucks balls, and I refuse to use it on principle.

File, Edit, View, Tools, Help has been the standard GUI configuration for windows applications for over two decades. It was a standard because it allowed a person to intuitively know where to look for things without ever having used the software before. It was a good system.

Now they use stupid fucking buttons that have obscure icons to do the most basic of fucking shit for no other reason than to be different. Office 2007 software development team, suck my balls!

Hell i am 20 and remember them. 90's where the best.
We had 92 levels of mayhem....

240px-Doom_darkness.png

And these bad boys !
old-mobile-phone-355x360.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
Hell i am 20 and remember them. 90's where the best.
We had 92 levels of mayhem....

240px-Doom_darkness.png

And these bad boys !
old-mobile-phone-355x360.jpg

I hate to sound like an old fart, but the 90s was much better than the 00s, and so far, quantum leaps better than the 10s is panning out.

Fuck all of that. I love new shit, but Office 2007 sucks balls, and I refuse to use it on principle.

File, Edit, View, Tools, Help has been the standard GUI configuration for windows applications for over two decades. It was a standard because it allowed a person to intuitively know where to look for things without ever having used the software before. It was a good system.

Now they use stupid fucking buttons that have obscure icons to do the most basic of fucking shit for no other reason than to be different. Office 2007 software development team, suck my balls!

under the surface Office 2007 is not really that different from Office '97 with some added features for file sharing, etc. technology has advanced far more rapidly than those on the other end of must computers will ever need in their lifetime. I used beta versions that we tested in the lab in the mid 90's for office '97 and windows nt 5.0 (windows 2000) for over a decade. these new computers with multi-core processors in the GHz range now are also far more powerful than those not editing video or doing heavy 3D gaming will ever need. simply put trying to "Keeping Up with the Joneses" in this aspect is freaking retarded.

under the surface Office 2007 is not really that different from Office '97 with some added features for file sharing, etc. technology has advanced far more rapidly than those on the other end of must computers will ever need in their lifetime. I used beta versions that we tested in the lab in the mid 90's for office '97 and windows nt 5.0 (windows 2000) for over a decade. these new computers with multi-core processors in the GHz range now are also far more powerful than those not editing video or doing heavy 3D gaming will ever need. simply put trying to "Keeping Up with the Joneses" in this aspect is freaking retarded.

It is worse than that. They are violating almost every HCI principle there is, and they are the ones who set the damn standard for HCI. It would be like Ford putting the brake pedal where the gas peddle was just to fucking be different. God damn I fucking hate those assholes.

I actually like that, I used to hide all the toolbars anyway so I would have full real estate on the screen to see my work...

I actually like that, I used to hide all the toolbars anyway so I would have full real estate on the screen to see my work...

The toolbar is just as the same size, only the word file is replaced by an icon of a 3.5 diskette, and the drop-down menu items were moved around for no reason.

Back