Scientists cure cancer, but no one takes notice

Team RamRod

Rep Points

Canadian researchers find a simple cure for cancer, but major pharmaceutical companies are not interested.

Researchers at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada have cured cancer last week, yet there is a little ripple in the news or in TV. It is a simple technique using very basic drug. The method employs dichloroacetate, which is currently used to treat metabolic disorders. So, there is no concern of side effects or about their long term effects.

This drug doesn’t require a patent, so anyone can employ it widely and cheaply compared to the costly cancer drugs produced by major pharmaceutical companies.

Canadian scientists tested this dichloroacetate (DCA) on human’s cells; it killed lung, breast and brain cancer cells and left the healthy cells alone. It was tested on Rats inflicted with severe tumors; their cells shrank when they were fed with water supplemented with DCA. The drug is widely available and the technique is easy to use, why the major drug companies are not involved? Or the Media interested in this find?

In human bodies there is a natural cancer fighting human cell, the mitochondria, but they need to be triggered to be effective. Scientists used to think that these mitochondria cells were damaged and thus ineffective against cancer. So they used to focus on glycolysis, which is less effective in curing cancer and more wasteful. The drug manufacturers focused on this glycolysis method to fight cancer. This DCA on the other hand doesn’t rely on glycolysis instead on mitochondria; it triggers the mitochondria which in turn fights the cancer cells.

The side effect of this is it also reactivates a process called apoptosis. You see, mitochondria contain an all-too-important self-destruct button that can't be pressed in cancer cells. Without it, tumors grow larger as cells refuse to be extinguished. Fully functioning mitochondria, thanks to DCA, can once again die.

With glycolysis turned off, the body produces less lactic acid, so the bad tissue around cancer cells doesn't break down and seed new tumors.

Pharmaceutical companies are not investing in this research because DCA method cannot be patented, without a patent they can’t make money, like they are doing now with their AIDS Patent. Since the pharmaceutical companies won’t develop this, the article says other independent laboratories should start producing this drug and do more research to confirm all the above findings and produce drugs. All the groundwork can be done in collaboration with the Universities, who will be glad to assist in such research and can develop an effective drug for curing cancer.

You can access the original research for this cancer here.

This article wants to raise awareness for this study, hope some independent companies and small startup will pick up this idea and produce these drugs, because the big companies won’t touch it for a long time.

There's a lot of flaws with this article but it's still pretty cool.

http://ironmagresearch.com

Canadian Rep for IMR. Use code Farva15 for a 15% discount!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Man what ultimate bragging rites the people involved in that study have. Too bad they won't get rich off it.

I read a similar article in 2008 were someone was cured of aids AND cancer with the same treatment. But it cost about a million dollars and had a 30% chance of death, plus you needed a donor that has the delta32 gene, which is basically immunity to aids. The weirdest part about the whole thing was the cure is thought to not work on Africans lol.
    A Cure for AIDS | Popular Science
    Last edited by ihateschoolmt; 05-18-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Rep Points

That's interesting, I just got done reading a book that touched on this stuff. AN interesting thing I found on the interwebs is that cancer cells have high levels of glutathione in them, which is what helps them resist apoptosis. Glutathione is a very powerful antioxidant in your body that is actually linked to better mitochondrial function when you activate the pathway that initiates it's release. It prevents apoptosis of healthy cells and clears free radical damage, but as cancerous cells grow, somehow they get tons of glutathione within them to prevent the mitochondria to program them for suicide.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Of course the pharmaceutical companies don't want anything to do with this, they'd lose tons of money!

the unbanned

Rep Points

there is no profit in the cure... only in the treatment...

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MyK 3.0 View Post
    there is no profit in the cure... only in the treatment...
    Not only that but also so many people will lose their jobs. So sad people have to make their profit and living at the expense of others misfortune. This is sad reality.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference
    you have never spent the night with a mosquito."
    ~ Dali lama

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Very interesting, I agree, moneys in the treatment not the cure...

Somemore food for thought, Cannabinoids: Mj, has 500 chemicals, more than 60 of which are cannabinoids.

Team RamRod

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IronAddict View Post
    Very interesting, I agree, moneys in the treatment not the cure...

Somemore food for thought, Cannabinoids: Mj, has 500 chemicals, more than 60 of which are cannabinoids.

Smoking any plant based material isn't good because it releases a lot of carcinogens. Eating pot is the way to go though, it has some super strong antioxidants in it

http://ironmagresearch.com

Canadian Rep for IMR. Use code Farva15 for a 15% discount!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    Smoking any plant based material isn't good because it releases a lot of carcinogens. Eating pot is the way to go though, it has some super strong antioxidants in it
    Vaporize it, it's better.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    Yup, a panacea of sorts.

It's been right under our noses this whole time.

Sancho

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
    Rep Points

Rep Points

Fortunately none of this will ever matter in my life.