• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Road Running for cardio

Diesel618

big for a notbig
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
anybody else do this?

I know long distance running can encourage muscle wasting, but it feels good to be out in the sun since I can't afford a tanning membership at the moment. And its enjoyable. It's hard as shit though after putting on 30 lbs this winter.

Man I tried running after gaining quite a bit of weight myself and that shit hurts my joints now. I stick to the cycle at the gym.

After college football I started running. I went from 290lbs to 211lbs. When I left college I was benching 375 and squatting 700. The weight loss was over the course of a few years. I think all in all it did way more harm than good. Running in moderation can be useful, but as you stated above, I too think it can lead to muscle wasting.

anybody else do this?

I know long distance running can encourage muscle wasting, but it feels good to be out in the sun since I can't afford a tanning membership at the moment. And its enjoyable. It's hard as shit though after putting on 30 lbs this winter.

It is hard to keep size on your legs if you are jogging/running, unless you are running uphill.

Try doing HIIT sprints outdoors...

Running on roads around my house is an extreme session (live in hill country)
Right now im using a track for tempo runs/time runs makes it much easier but for just doing cardio road running is great(unless city,smog,getting run over,ect)
I really don't think running 5+miles a week is going to make you lose any muscle.

Running is great for your health. Just limit it in a bulk or when trying to add mass otherwise.

thanks a lot guys. I've been wanting to do research on HIIT and start doing sprintwork. Maybe that's a better option. I'm sure I'll keep going for jogs once or twice a week but I need something I can implement more regularly.

Running on road is good as long as you have good cushioned shoes...otherwise it could be harmful for your joints ...

Back