IronMag Labs.com

Beginner's questions

Rep Points

Question Beginner's questions

Hello all,

I am brand new to even working out. I have been doing weights with my boyfriend, whatever he does I do, just at a much lower weight lol. Then we do cardio. I have been doing weight watchers type dieting for the past 3 years. I am 5 foot and 170 lbs.

My boyfriend stated that he did the research and that anavar 10 mg a day should help me add more lean muscle and increase my energy. I am finding that all it is doing is making me hungry and giving me headaches.

Any advice from a female would be wonderful as he is AMAZING in the way he looks out for me but I think in the end he is a male.

Thanks a bunch!

Rep Points

What is your motivaton, is just to lose weight or do you want to gain masive muscle? I would probabaly guess you would wanna lose weight, so I would concentrate on doing alot of cardio, concentrate on keeping your heart rate up try walking for a min then running as fast as you can for a minute try that for 20-30 min and you will lose fat quick... if you like you can add weight training by doing 2 sets of each body part thats all you need... Also try eating 5-6 small meals a day and cut carbs as much as you can...hope this helps

Rep Points

Hi
    I been weight training for years now. I have found if you eat 5/6 times a day, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner that fills me up and keep me going. I also have protien shakes which I can have after workout or as a meal replacement. I been doing 30/30 protien and 40% carbs through I have cut out a lot of wheat and I have found I have lost weight and now I am toning up slowly. Hope this helps.

Rep Points

Well I want to build lean muscle cause I know that helps burn fat better, but I will try the run/walking. I think I can do that I just know that I have been lathargic almost since I had my gallbladder removed last year and my energy is at an all time low.

Any suggestions on getting that going as well?

Thanks for the input MagaTron

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Newbie, before you take any advice from MegaTron or anyone else please read this: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/ne...1-newbies.html

Also, taking drugs before your training and diet are not in order is a bad idea IMO.

Rep Points

Thank you Coach Michelle, I do have to eat more, my boyfriend tells me that all the time. I go all day on a bowl of cereal. I know it is so bad. Any meal examples for the day you can throw my way? I can not wrap my head around meal snack meal snack. I know as silly as it sounds. Weight watchers tells you to listen to your body and my body really doesn't say hungry till 4 pm.

Rep Points

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by newbie3633 View Post
    Thank you Coach Michelle, I do have to eat more, my boyfriend tells me that all the time. I go all day on a bowl of cereal. I know it is so bad. Any meal examples for the day you can throw my way? I can not wrap my head around meal snack meal snack. I know as silly as it sounds. Weight watchers tells you to listen to your body and my body really doesn't say hungry till 4 pm.

Hi
    Ok I have eggs as you can do a lot with them but sometimes I just boiled like 10 and will eat them when I am hunger. Now I usually have eggs for breakfast and sometimes bacon (just cut the fat off or turkey bacon is nice as it got no fat on it). Snacks well this could be nuts with a piece of fruit or what I have is a rice cake with cream cheese and sometimes some meat on it. Dinner just make sure you have protien and carbs. I love chicken so I have a lot of chicken, I do roast chicken, sweet and sour etc. I eat steak once a week. I have loads of salads for lunch nice one to do is salmon salad with mix nuts it lush. I have a shake sometimes in the morning if I am in a rush and not got time to eat.

Planning your week, your time and your meals are important. If you do bulk meals so like two meals at the time you can save time for the next day and put your second meal in the freezer and then get it out for the next day. I have found this very useful but means you got to plan your week meals but I like this as I can spend more time with partner. Talking about my partner he not into weight training because he a builder he think he don't need to do it now he not skinny but he think my healthy food is just for people to diet and lose weight. But it not and I know loads of people at my gym and we are on same foods. Have same meals as your partner but remember us females don't need that much cals so just put less on your dinner plate n(plam of your hand is a good way to proton control)

Hope this helps

Michelle

Rep Points

Coach Michelle that does help. Thanks Bunches!