• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anyone ever heard of, tried, or make Kefir?

In 1908, Metchnikov wrote in his book "The extension of life" that the secret of longevity found in the Russian Caucasus Mountains was Kefir. Kefir is actually cultured milk that people made and consumed. The villagers of the Caucasus Mountains gave us the Caucasian yoghurt and kefir (milk fermentation product). Kefir history goes back several centuries. It is widely known in Eastern Europe and the old Pontus Area. People in the Caucasus Mountains drink kefir instead of water and also eat dense kefir cream as a dessert. Caucasian Mountain people do not suffer from the degenerative diseases of modern western society people and their estimated lifespan exceeds 110 years. Their longevity is actually because of kefir consumption. :thinking:

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2603056

If youre looking for a probiotic look up florastor. Its a really good strain with science behind it. It helped my wife during a serious bout of ibs.

Interesting. I never heard of it but i'm curious to try it out. Is this something you can only have once in a while? Or you can have it regularly?

who in the fuck wants to live 110 years in this world?

i guess you could have it regularly. it's not expensive to get the grains and all you need is some jars, a strainer, and milk so it would be easy to try and you haven't lost much if you don't like it. i could tell when the guy was saying oh this is messy n time consuming he was trying to sell something. looks like even the hard way takes only 5 minutes so ignore the sales pitch. Vanity has ibs and it looks like this might really help some people. i like sour cream, yogurt smoothies, and things like that so i think i might like it.

Alright i bought me some live grains for 10 bucks or so. We'll see what happens.

IML Gear Cream!
keep us posted. i'm going to get some too.

Had something like it by accident 2 nights ago when I poured milk onto my Kashi Cocoa Beach cereal special snack and gagged when I realized I just swallowed spoiled milk...I dumped the bowl in the sink and then poured the cup or so of milk left in that jug and it came out in clumps....sorry but I probably couldn't stomach this shit.

We made buttermilk in the Nutrition and Diet class I took in High School by mixing lemon juice in milk, it curdled and tasted nasty just like spoiled milk. wonder if I could speed the fermentation and add the kefir grains for faster production?

Looks like the Whole Foods by my house has it, might make some frozen yogurt snacks with it.....

This looks tasty...Lemon Kefir Ice Cream | Chocolate & Zucchini

Topped with candied violets sounds even better...I love eating flowers, dandelions, carnations, anise hyssop on vanilla bean ice cream, pineapple guava flowers on lychee sorbet....

Last edited:

amen to that.

I'm ready for the next adventure

If they make advances so we don't shrivel and our body functions devolve to infant state I would, but after taking care of my GF's 88 yr old grandfather I resolved that at the first sign of the inglorious bastard called "death by natural causes" the elderly go through I will OD on some narcotic or something...I don't want to burden anyone as I lay helplessly dying....

if they make advances so we don't shrivel and our body functions devolve to infant state i would, but after taking care of my gf's 88 yr old grandfather i resolved that at the first sign of the inglorious bastard called "death by natural causes" the elderly go through i will od on some narcotic or something...i don't want to burden anyone as i lay helplessly dying....

this

If they make advances so we don't shrivel and our body functions devolve to infant state I would, but after taking care of my GF's 88 yr old grandfather I resolved that at the first sign of the inglorious bastard called "death by natural causes" the elderly go through I will OD on some narcotic or something...I don't want to burden anyone as I lay helplessly dying....

there are some genetic freaks out there though. I had a relative (rest her soul), live to 103 or 104, something like that. Til the day she died she mowed her own lawn, shoveled the drive, did her own shopping, etc.

Had something like it by accident 2 nights ago when I poured milk onto my Kashi Cocoa Beach cereal special snack and gagged when I realized I just swallowed spoiled milk...I dumped the bowl in the sink and then poured the cup or so of milk left in that jug and it came out in clumps....sorry but I probably couldn't stomach this shit.

We made buttermilk in the Nutrition and Diet class I took in High School by mixing lemon juice in milk, it curdled and tasted nasty just like spoiled milk. wonder if I could speed the fermentation and add the kefir grains for faster production?

Looks like the Whole Foods by my house has it, might make some frozen yogurt snacks with it.....

This looks tasty...Lemon Kefir Ice Cream | Chocolate & Zucchini

Topped with candied violets sounds even better...I love eating flowers, dandelions, carnations, anise hyssop on vanilla bean ice cream, pineapple guava flowers on lychee sorbet....

does look good. i think vanilla bean with a touch of lemon would be great. or cranberry almond.

there's a water kefir too if the milk seems too gross.

Water Kefir: How to Brew Water Kefir | Nourished Kitchen

Some of the local supermarkets (shop-rite) sell it here. There are a couple brands with flavoring like berries, vanilla, plain, etc. It usually costs $3 to $4 for a liter bottle.

IML Gear Cream!
Will eating this make my dick bigger?

If you don't know, LW, no one will.

:coffee:

:lol: sorry, all i can say is give it a try and let us know.

Alright the guy i bought the grains from said it will be shipped out tuesday. he doesn't want to risk the shipping delay from the upcoming holiday and have the little guys die in transit. He also said it's safe to feed to animals. Which is cool because my dog is pretty sick and the vet recommended an expensive pet store probiotic. Save me money and save my pooch!

Lifeway kefir is awesome. I drink it every night at work. I love it. I always get the blueberry flavored one. It's like drinking really thick milk. I'm completely addicted to it to be honest. It's got a really high protein content which is why I first started drinking it. It tastes like slightly more sour yoghurt. If you like yoghurt, you'll probably like the kefir as well.

i even like plain yogurt so i think i will like it.

i ordered some large healthy live grains from Mass. i'm a little apprehensive but it's worth trying. i watched a thing this morning that called it curds and whey. :thinking:

my kefir grains came today. She had emailed me this info prior

HI, You should receive your kefir grains any time soon. Cut the bag open (don`t try to unwrap it), when you will open the bag they will have a strong cheese smell, that is absolutely normal. First batch of milk kefir you will make will not have the great taste yet because the grains need to adjust after sitting for a few days in the bag. You may wash them in the strainer once you get them to remove the smelly milk but after that I don`t recommend washing them as you wash away the flora coating and also fluoride in the water is just as bad for them as it is for us.

Use small amounts of milk (1 cup) 1-2 times (just for feeding the grains since you will not drink it), let it sit for about 8 hrs and change the milk. just so they adapt and then after a day you can start making for drinking, you can add up to a quart gradually within about a week or two.. Letting the kefir sit more or less time determines the taste, so you should "play" a little with every batch and see how you like it best. Refrigerate after straining and drink it cold, it is yummier, also gets thicker. You can put it in the blender with some fruit you like, yum-yum !!

they looked like a little clear packet of watery cottage cheese. i cut them open and they did not smell bad at all. after a very quick rinse they looked like big rubbery cauliflower. i have them in some milk and will do two 8 hour starter soaks then a 12 hour one which i'll try. i plan to use this to mix my strawberry flavored whey powder with.

my kefir grains came today. She had emailed me this info prior

HI, You should receive your kefir grains any time soon. Cut the bag open (don`t try to unwrap it), when you will open the bag they will have a strong cheese smell, that is absolutely normal. First batch of milk kefir you will make will not have the great taste yet because the grains need to adjust after sitting for a few days in the bag. You may wash them in the strainer once you get them to remove the smelly milk but after that I don`t recommend washing them as you wash away the flora coating and also fluoride in the water is just as bad for them as it is for us.

Use small amounts of milk (1 cup) 1-2 times (just for feeding the grains since you will not drink it), let it sit for about 8 hrs and change the milk. just so they adapt and then after a day you can start making for drinking, you can add up to a quart gradually within about a week or two.. Letting the kefir sit more or less time determines the taste, so you should "play" a little with every batch and see how you like it best. Refrigerate after straining and drink it cold, it is yummier, also gets thicker. You can put it in the blender with some fruit you like, yum-yum !!

they looked like a little clear packet of watery cottage cheese. i cut them open and they did not smell bad at all. after a very quick rinse they looked like big rubbery cauliflower. i have them in some milk and will do two 8 hour starter soaks then a 12 hour one which i'll try. i plan to use this to mix my strawberry flavored whey powder with.

wtf i ordered mine first and they aren't expected to be here for a week! I get gear quicker than these germs. :paddle:

Back