• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Newbie tryin to loose weight :D

WurdPerfect

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i wanna loose weight.. btu im not really shure about the definition of Carbs, proteins and such..
can any1 gimme tips to a proper diet ?

Hi...welcome to IM :)

A protein is any type of animal food...so all meat, poultry, fish, eggs, cheeses and dairy all have protein in them. Some are almost all protein, such as meat fish and poultry, some have protein and fat in them, such as some meats, cheeses and eggs, and some have carbohydrates as well, such as milk &, cottage cheese. Some beans and nuts also have protein in them.

Fats come in "good" fats and "bad" fats...it's best to avoid the kind of fat you find in processed food such as deli meats, bacon, salami, french fries, etc and try to get the majority of your fats from "good" sources such as olive oil, flax seed oil, nuts, egg yolks, etc.

Carbohydrates pretty much covers everything else. Vegetables are carbohydrates, fruit is a carb, as well as any type of starch like bread, pasta, rice, beans, etc. Just like protein and fats, there are some carbs that are good for you and some that you should try to avoid.

Some general tips for you:

* Don't skip meals, skipping meals only makes you hungrier when you finally do eat, and you tend to over eat or make poor food choices. Your body also may store your next meal if you skip meals since it believes it's "not getting another meal"

* Instead of eating 3 large meals per day, try to eat smaller more frequent meals...spacing them about 3 hrs apart. This will help you from getting too hungry and possibly make bad food choices. It will also keep your metabolism up and help to burn more calories throughout the day.

* Stay away from processed foods. Whenever possible, go for the most natural food source....if it comes in a box (cookies, crackers, frozen dinner, etc) ...it's not natural. If it's changed from it's natural state...french fries, salami, etc...avoid it if possible.

* Drink water...drink lots of water :D

If you have any specific questions...please ask..there's lots of people here to help you :)

ok.. thanx for the reply.. now can u help me with that.. hi/lo carb hi/lo proteins diet?

if i wanna melt down.. how do i eat?

hi carb/lo proteins i guess..

and should i use hydroxcut?

i usedto weigh 270 3 months ago when i first started training..
im now at 255.. i train 4 times a week..

thnx.

I would stay away from thermos if you can help it. You seem to be making good progress. It's all diet man, honestly. Now, once you start getting stronger and more ripped, and if you wanna do competitions or cut out that last little bit of body fat to make yourself look better, then consider thermos like hydroxycut. But IMHO, I don't htinkm you need them right now. Just train hard and eat properly!

Read the best nutritional threads sticky on this page to get a good idea of insulin, carbs, fats and all that jazz.

Using a calorie chart, set your calories to 15cals x BW/day. Set up a meal plan, balanced meaning protein/carbs/fats in every meal.

Don't worry about the scale for now, use the mirror and take pictures of yourself periodically. Your a beginner so you'll be able to drop fat/gain muscle simoultaneously (i don't think i have ever spelled that damn word correctly).

ok thnx for the reply..
but 5 pounds a month.. that not fast enuff =P
btu i guess u guys know your thing..
but wut if i used thermos rite away?... wut are the pros and cons?

thanx...

and to yanick.. that 15 calories/bw.. wut does that mean?..
i should eat 15 cal/body weight pounds?.. means 255 times 15?

means 255 times 15

Yup! Use that as your baseline for total calories. Seems like alot but if you do it right, using w8's suggestions you will drop alot more than you think! :)

yes 255*15=your daily cals.

2 points to make about it though.

-It is only a guideline and should be adjusted based on your goals and progress.

-15 x bw is actually your maintanance cals. However seeing as your a beginner you shouldn't restrict cals because you will lose out on muscle gains (because beginners can lose fat/gain muscle at the same time).

Back