25% Off Black Friday Sale

Bicep stabbing pain

Rep Points

Bicep stabbing pain

I woke up Thursday last week with a stabbing pain on the top left of my right bicep. I did not lift Wednesday. The only thing I think I did was start a gas trimmer for my wife on wednesday. The pain is not constant. It only "stabs" when I reach for my wallet or moving in a certian way. I have no blood under the skin. I have seen some photos of torn biceps and also tendon tears. I am 100% sure that my bicep is stil connected. I can press on the bicep and that does not hurt. Only certain movements trigger the pain it feels like a knife. I have been taking Motrin and resting. I plan on taking off a week from lifting this week. it is time to take a break for a week.

Any thoughts?

Jag
    Jagbender's battle of the bulge
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living

Getting my Grow on!

Rep Points

I've had similar pains to those you are talking about but they went with icing and heating, never saw a dock and it went within a week.

Sorry Jag
    "That ain't big to me, when y'all 300lbs y'all big!"- Dexter Jackson
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/on...ml#post2523637 - the new Journal

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Trap's right. Alongside the ice and heat, use 1g of vitamin C and 400IUs of vitamin E together. Aleve also works.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Doing Motrin 800 mg TID hope it helps

Thanks Guys
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living

Rep Points

My bicep was hurting not to long a go due To my labrum... But it wasn't stabbing pain... It was like a pulling pain...hope you get better soon...

Rep Points

see a sports physio man - if its torn slighty you could be making it worse , i didnt listen to my body know i cant train for 8 weeks

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Vitamin "I" interferes with healing, you know this, right?
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Bend your right arm 90 degrees (like halfway through a bicep curl) and then while keeping the 90 degree bend push it up (like you are doing a front double bicep but with your elbows in front) into an object.

If it stabs or feels really weak it is most likely your bicep tendon sheath or capsule which can get inflamed and cause pain. Avoid any shoulder flexion movements (ie front raises, etc) and biceps where your elbow contracts past 90 degrees for a while.
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    Bend your right arm 90 degrees (like halfway through a bicep curl) and then while keeping the 90 degree bend push it up (like you are doing a front double bicep but with your elbows in front) into an object.

If it stabs or feels really weak it is most likely your bicep tendon sheath or capsule which can get inflamed and cause pain. Avoid any shoulder flexion movements (ie front raises, etc) and biceps where your elbow contracts past 90 degrees for a while.
    Thanks for the information you may have a somthing there.

When I test like you said it doesn't do that. The weird thing is the stabbing pain is almost unnoticable now, but the area is tender to the touch now. No bruising, slight inflamation in the area.

Not taking Ibuprofen for the last 2 days
    Last edited by jagbender; 06-03-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Rep Points

Last night I was able to work out arms. No stabbing pains! The area is still a little tender to the touch. But no stabbing pains! Went light on the weights but felt good.

Alternating DB curls 15# x 20 20# x 20, 20, 13
    DB kickbacks 20# 10, 10,10,
    Jockey rows 80x 10,10,10
    Narrow grip cable tri press 50# x 12 70x 6, 60x 7
    45# DB tri press 7,7,8
    wide grip lat pull downs 60# x 15 70x 15 70x 14

Hopefully this tenderness will go away soon

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Vitamin "I" interferes with healing, you know this, right?
    I do now Thanks Built