• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Evan Centopani Makes Wise Decision To Skip 2011 Mr. Olympia

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Evan Centopani Makes Wise Decision To Skip 2011 Mr. Olympia
By Joe Pietaro

attachment.php

Some bodybuilders do well by entering multiple competitions every year, while others are bested served by keeping it down to one or two. In Evan Centopani???s case, the 29-year-old has even extended his offseason over 12 months to get where he wanted. After getting his pro card, he waited approximately two years before taking the stage again at the 2009 New York Pro.

Centopani was victorious that evening in Manhattan and did not enter a contest again until the FLEX Pro Championships earlier this year, where he once again stood in the winner???s circle. He then entered his first Arnold Classic and placed a very respectable fourth in a stacked line-up.

Contemplating the Mr. Olympia, Centopani took many things into consideration. His wife is expecting their first child and he is having a house built, so the Connecticut native decided to wait until next year. ???Earlier in the year I was thinking that I wanted to do the Olympia and now that things are coming up, with everything going on with the house and the baby seven weeks from now, and I???m looking at where I???ll have to be getting ready for the Olympia, I think maybe it would be in my best interest probably to wait one more time and come in strong at the (2012) Arnold and know that I???m going to go from there into the Olympia,??? he said in a recent video clip on Muscular Development.

If Centopani did go to Las Vegas this year, he probably would not have had an easy time of it. With the likes of Jay Cutler, Phil Heath, Branch Warren, Kai Greene and Dennis Wolf up there, there???s a good chance that he would have not made the top six. That doesn???t mean the field will be any easier in 2012, but the youngster is giving himself a better chance by keeping it to the two major contests in the calendar year.

This will give him ample time to work on some weaker points, such as his chest. By possessing such mass and symmetry, a Sandow or two is certainly not an impossibility for Centopani.

Respect his decision to wait. He seems to be a very smart guy, good luck to him when he does hit the Olympia stage.

Respect his decision to wait. He seems to be a very smart guy, good luck to him when he does hit the Olympia stage.

Agreed. I actually like the guy, and he has the charisma and build to one day be on top. He's a big boy, especially since his competition has had years on him.

Agreed. I actually like the guy, and he has the charisma and build to one day be on top. He's a big boy, especially since his competition has had years on him.

He is one of the few newer guys I know of. Met him at the 2007 or 2008 Arnold, he was in the Universal area. Chatted for about 10 minutes, seemed to be a very intelligent young man.

He's gonna be a serious contender at the '12 O

Evan is not all that smart. Politics will get him next year just like it would have this year.

Nadar has no idea what he is talking about evan is a great guy i met him at the atlantic states and he won his first 2 pro shows by being smart and picking the shows he could win and placed 4th in his first arnold classic your one of the many internet haters out there that critique pros but there the pros and we are the ones talking

HUH?

I don't think being a great guy has any relation to being a good champion.
Picking shows that he could win as you say? I thought he's a competitor?
You make it sound like he is dodging the elite people of the industry.
Evan maybe good someday but you're only kidding yourself if believe
politics will not determine that in a politic driving activity and organization.

I actually think people kid themselves when trying to overlook politics in a politic driven activity/industry.
And the poster above says "Evan picked shows he could win", doesn't sound like a competitor who's ready for anything.
Just seems like he might be dodging the disappoint of not doing well against the elite people of the federation.

IML Gear Cream!
Evan is not all that smart. Politics will get him next year just like it would have this year.

Care to explain or expand on that comment?

I actually think people kid themselves when trying to overlook politics in a politic driven activity/industry.
And the poster above says "Evan picked shows he could win", doesn't sound like a competitor who's ready for anything.
Just seems like he might be dodging the disappoint of not doing well against the elite people of the federation.

In 2011 Evan placed ahead of Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson, Ronny Rockel, JOJ, and Roelly Winklaar. How is that dodging the elite people of the federation? :geewhiz:

Care to explain or expand on that comment?

In 2011 Evan placed ahead of Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson, Ronny Rockel, JOJ, and Roelly Winklaar. How is that dodging the elite people of the federation? :geewhiz:

BOOYAH! :winkfinger:

Back