• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gluten Flour

QueenofSquats

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is Gluten a direct source of carb, I baked these muffins with gluten flour last night, its C1.70 per muffin, but I am concerned will it effect (ketosis). Apart from veggies, which other sources is safe to have to stay in ketosis?

Yes, gluten is a direct source of carbs.

How do you know you're in ketosis and why do you want to be there?

I am on 10-15g of carbs only from mix greens & indirect source, I know I am in ketosis (taste in my mouth, losing fat now, the weight being the same), in'sint the low carb diet with high fat/protein= ketosis diet?? its is working...so gluten can kick me out of it, even if my carbs are 10-15g per day?

You do not need to actually be in ketosis for the high protein, mod fat, slow burning carb diet to work. If you're counting your veggies in your carb counts and you're only getting 15g...you're probably not getting enough veggies...how many are you getting in a day?

I am not getting enough veggies, to keep my carbs low, and too much fiber=bloating for me.

I am getting 6oz of greens everyday? how much do you suggest?
is gluten flour fine to take in the slow-burning ? (I don't even know which diet I am on, is it ketosis? beverly? Dr.Pain? slow burning?..25 to 30g fiber a day is it right?

w8, plezzzz...shouldn't I be keeping my carbs under 30g, if so, than how much veggies do you recommend...so is gluten in or out, on this diet??

You're making this far too difficult on yourself. Tell me what your meals break down to....P/C/F in each meal, and how many meals you're getting. Gluten is out because it's not a slow burning carb, not because of ketosis. Veggies...1.5 cups mixed or 2 cups greens in at least 3 meals...and they don't count towards your totals.

Thanks...sorry I am being like this, I just want to do it right.

If you see my journal, I am having 0.5 C (counting the mixed green salad 1oz) with each meal, thats the only carbs+ a bit in heavy cream, peanut butter, unsweetened soya milk

6meals 32g-28g Protein 11-14g fat

W8, I appreciate your help, please check my journal, the last entry thats what I am eating everyday...10g-15g of carbs a day P189-192g F72-74g...what changes do you suggest??

Thanks so much, I owe you big time

6meals 32g-28g Protein 11-14g fat

K...this is fine...just increase your veggies to 2 cups for at least three-four meals. There's no way you're actually in ketosis if you're eating that much protein. Make sure you carb up twice a week.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks W8,
I am really frustrated, I did carb up yesterday, was sick the whole night, went to the washroom several time, had lots of gas and in the morning felt like crap, didn't have strength for workout, and had irregular heartbeat, my system gets very screwed, with the major amount of carbs in one sitting....I feel great just eating fat/protein now, and don't have a strenght/energy problem, when I came to this forum, I was not zig/zagging my diet, I was eating loads of carbs and had problems with digestion (stomach problem) and starting having irregular bowel sysptom and gas, didn't know what was causing it, went to doctor and stuff

thats why I wanted to change my diet, too embrassed to mention the fact, now carbups and more veggies are causing me the same problem, when I eat only 10-15g carbs my stomach is fine, I feel great, the mintue I eat more carbs, I get sick....I don't know what to do?

Last edited:
Maybe you're allergic to gluten?

NO, I have just had gluten this week, I am fine, when I have it, its C1.78 per serving and thats how much I have perday, when Ii have over 50g in day or over 10g per meal of carbs now, thats when I am in trouble

Then if the carb up is bothering you because of so many carbs in one meal...then spread it out throughout several meals.

What did your doctor say?

Hey w8,
the doctor said...too much fiber, causes me this, (I use to eat good amount of veggies/fruits before) when I eat carbs high in GI, its not that bad, (muffins)
I was trying to figure it out for a while, now atleast I know, too many carbs=trouble for me, so I will do a carb up keeping it under 40g, I wish I can do with only eating greens, as the high protein/fat is working great for me, now my strength/energy is great (remember how worried I was before, when I was reducing my carbs, that it will effect my energy level, fat is giving me more energy than carbs), also my muscle look defined.

But after carb up and once I start eating more than 50g a day, I have noticed, I am bloated and have a soft look in my muscles the whole day, strange...I wish I can live with only eating greens, and no carbs, after 3months of experimenting I know fat/protein works great for me. Maybe I will discover a new theory or way.

W8..THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, I WISH ALL YOUR GOALS & DREAMS COME TRUE:thumb

Back