IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Marijuana Decriminalization Bill Passes

- - - - - - -

Rep Points

The governor pushed for the bill. Now it heads to his desk.

The state has decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana.
    Last week, the Senate narrowly approved the legislation that supporters call a common sense reform to the judicial system. Today, it passed the House.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy supports the measure, which would eliminate the misdemeanor offense from possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana. It would instead result in a $150 fine for a first offense and a fine ranging from $200 to $500 for subsequent offenses.

“Let me make it clear - we are not legalizing the use of marijuana. In modifying this law, we are recognizing that the punishment should fit the crime, and acknowledging the effects of its application,” Malloy said in a statement. “There is no question that the state’s criminal justice resources could be more effectively utilized for convicting, incarcerating and supervising violent and more serious offenders.”

Those younger than 21 would face a 60-day driver's license suspension, similar to the existing penalty for possessing alcohol.

Opponents say marijuana is a harmful drug and that the law should keep it beyond reach.

Copyright Associated Press / NBC Connecticut

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Party in Connecticut!

HARTFORD — Connecticut’s lawmakers voted Tuesday to make Connecticut the 14th state to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana, a bill Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has promised to sign.

After about three hours of debate, it passed the House 90 to 57, while in the state Senate over the weekend, the 18-18 tie was broken by Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman, her first and only vote during the session.

More @ Conn. House votes to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana - The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

After party in New Hampshire!

DRSE - The Connoisseur
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

This is a step in the right direction and I like their reasoning.

“Let me make it clear - we are not legalizing the use of marijuana. In modifying this law, we are recognizing that the punishment should fit the crime, and acknowledging the effects of its application,” Malloy said in a statement. “There is no question that the state’s criminal justice resources could be more effectively utilized for convicting, incarcerating and supervising violent and more serious offenders.”
    Next step would be to remove the fine for small amounts but that would never happen since they'll probably be able to increase revenue by fining people.
    -I know your words, just not together.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

So the chief thinks everyone is suddenly going to start smoking weed, just because the punishment will be reduced?
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Party at Phil's house!

- - - - - - -

Rep Points

^^^^
    nuff said!

Rep Points

The UK needs to follow this example

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    So the chief thinks everyone is suddenly going to start smoking weed, just because the punishment will be reduced?
    he obviously hasn't read any of the studies on the subject that have been written in regards to this in Europe, decriminalization and/or legalization does not increase it's use.

tobacco is the #1 gateway drug and a known carcinogen yet you can buy it on every street corner...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Will florida ever follow suit in anyones opinion? Or must i continually guerilla grow at the nearby sump?

h
    ttp://www.SteelGear.net
    - No minimum order
    - Express delivery option
    - Flexible discount on bulk orders
    http://SteelGear.net/usa-domestic
    - USA Domestic
    - No Customs related issues

DRSE - The Connoisseur
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    tobacco is the #1 gateway drug and a known carcinogen yet you can buy it on every street corner...
    I'd be interested in a side by side of deaths caused by alcohol vs marijuana or respiratory disease from cigarettes vs marijuana. Peer-reviewed research of course, not just some patchouli sniffers soap-boxing. Either way I think we all know that it would show marijuana to be a much safer drug.
    -I know your words, just not together.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I have a good paper on marijuana, just have to find it, it's been archived and is in a box in the garage on cd-rom. but the research was performed by some cardiologist in CA over like a period 35 years. it showed that long term mj use does not cause cancer, cause respiratory problems, etc. pretty much all the negative health effects were either short-term and/or disappeared with stoppage of use.

it is the chemical additives in cigarettes that make them highly addictive on top of what the nicotine does naturally. they are the cause of all the problems, there are several hundred chemicals added to the tobacco plant. tobacco is naturally occurring in many continents (as is marijuana) and itself is not a carcinogen.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SFW View Post
    Will florida ever follow suit in anyones opinion? Or must i continually guerilla grow at the nearby sump?
    I was just going to ask that same question. LOL!

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SFW View Post
    not a chance until Rick Scott is replaced, he is all about big gov. plus Florida has a high population of the 65 and older crowd. that generation is still scared of MJ, it gets lumped in the same category as hardcore drugs (cocaine, heroin, etc) by them, which is of course ridiculous.

Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

This is fucking awesome news. Can't wait til my state decriminalizes.

Rep Points

Doubt Florida will follow. Governor Rick Scott is too conservative.

Will never happen in Florida with Gov Rick Scott here.
    Last edited by Curt James; 06-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

if the fucking federal government would make weed legal none of this bullshit would matter.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

At any given time there has to be a social demon. If it isn't one thing it will be another. Doesn't matter if it's actually harmful or if it's harmless. There will always be a social demon that gets used to exert some amount of control.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    if the fucking federal government would make weed legal none of this bullshit would matter.
    Legalize it, make purchase restrictions on quantity, tax it and give American farmers something to grow that we don't have to subsidize the shit out of, oh yeah, we pay them not to plant often. Have it be like coffee, you can get your Folgers or your micro-roast that costs $20 a pound, up to the consumer (MJ prices obviously would be different, just an simile). I would much rather be on the road with a bunch of people that are stoned than some drunk dumbass.
    AY Fan Club President.

"Damn, sometimes I think you guys make being stupid seem like a skill set." - Troubador

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    I have a good paper on marijuana, just have to find it, it's been archived and is in a box in the garage on cd-rom. but the research was performed by some cardiologist in CA over like a period 35 years. it showed that long term mj use does not cause cancer, cause respiratory problems, etc. pretty much all the negative health effects were either short-term and/or disappeared with stoppage of use.

it is the chemical additives in cigarettes that make them highly addictive on top of what the nicotine does naturally. they are the cause of all the problems, there are several hundred chemicals added to the tobacco plant. tobacco is naturally occurring in many continents (as is marijuana) and itself is not a carcinogen.
    I just wanna be able to go to the store and buy a tub of canna-butter, or canna-olive-oil or edibles, I love the feeling of being stoned for a few hours via the gastro-intestinal route
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    I just wanna be able to go to the store and buy a tub of canna-butter, or canna-olive-oil or edibles, I love the feeling of being stoned for a few hours via the gastro-intestinal route

Got some left over butter sitting in the fridge right now. Actually I better make some cookies with it tonight for my golf game tomorrow! Thanks for reminding me.

If you ever want the recipie for the best way to make butter, PM me.

Every time I go to CO I stock up on suckers and other cool treats. I just don't have the time to dial the candies in. But I have everything else perfected.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post

The governor pushed for the bill. Now it heads to his desk.

The state has decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana.
    Yay.

Rep Points

Big deal. It's still illegal. It would make more sense to simply legalize it, tax and regulate it, just like we do with tobacco and alcohol. CA could probably get out of debt in a few years.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GearsMcGilf View Post
    Big deal. It's still illegal. It would make more sense to simply legalize it, tax and regulate it, just like we do with tobacco and alcohol. CA could probably get out of debt in a few years.
    yep, according to the fed it's still scheduled until there is some kind of peer reviewed study(s) showing specific medical uses. even then it will be a battle from big pharm to keep it illegal, they are the only ones allowed to sell drugs in the US.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    At any given time there has to be a social demon. If it isn't one thing it will be another. Doesn't matter if it's actually harmful or if it's harmless. There will always be a social demon that gets used to exert some amount of control.
    This.

Rep Points

its a start

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I know older folks who drink themselves stupid that claim marijuana is evil and absolutely bad for you. The types who think Reefer Madness was a documentary film proving exactly how potheads act. I also know some people from the 60's who you'd think would remember what it was like to smoke weed yet they seem to confuse it with acid or something and claim it makes people crazy.....then we have these younger generation straight edgers with their distorted views.... I don't know of there is any hope for it to even be widely accepted in a medicinal use with all the ignorance in abundance for the Big Pharmas to win with....