• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Anyone else have a garden?

SloppyJ

Swollen Member
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just thinking I can't be the only one who has a garden? Have a nice 16'x16' raised bed in my backyard. Hauled in topsoil many years ago and it's still rockin really good. This year I tried something new. I laid down black weed barrier over the entire garden after I tilled it up. I cut holes in it to plant my plants. So far it's working great. Just a few weeds in the exposed spots. My only worry is that the black weed barrier will roast my plants when it warms up. Thinking of putting some mulch under the plants to help with that.

Here's what I have growing:

12 Tomato Plants (6 Better Boy, 6 Super Fanstastic)
10 Okra
4 Jalapeno's
4 Anahiem peppers
2 Hot Banana
2 Habenero
2 Hot cherry pepper
2 Crook neck squash
1 Zuchini
1 Watermelon
1 Cantaloupe

Never grown a garden by myself before so this is all an experiment. I'm not really a fan of tomatoes but my entire family loves them and I plan to make a bunch of salsa and can it. I wanted to grow things I will actually use.

What do you have growing?

I have tomatoes, jalapeno peppers basil, cilantro, cherry peppers, spearmint (cause we make our own mojitos) and a couple of other herbs that I can't think of right now.

Snow and snap peas, about 100 leaf lettuce plants, cabbage, hops (for brewing beer), a separate herb garden, carrots, beets, spinach, Bok Choi, cauliflower, kale, Swiss chard, 4 types of zucchini (12 plants), some other stuff I cant think of - AND 8 chickens, three of which are going to Freezer Camp this weekend.

Growing tomatos, cucumbers, and many other things are difficult where I live - too wet and cold all summer.

it has just dried enough where i live to till. lots of farmers have lost the corn crop because of all the rain and flooding, now its dry enough to replant they're all going with soybeans. The cost of corn will definetely be high here.We usually have a "picking" garden, lots of cherry and grape tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, beans and green peppers, just go out there with some water and a salt shaker and pick and eat, never usually makes it to the canning process like the blacberrys and stuff. its nice to know EXACTLY what ur eating.

not right now, in the process of downsizing my home and getting something smaller with a decent lot so I can put a decent sized greenhouse in the back. when I lived in PA back the day the old man had a garden that was about 1/2 acre, we didn't buy shit for vegetables at the store except for fruit.

Herb gardens FTW!

Take clones of those so you don't have to start all the way over. Just a thought.

some pictures of the gardens would be nice. i don't get enough sun here.

cool. all i have that's interesting is i planted some lemon seeds and they are actually growing.

we have a garden, but we don't grow veggies. ;)

I might have to come check out your garden the next time I'm in CO. How far are you from Peterson AFB?

I have some pineapples and basil. And some herbs...No idea what sex yet so we'll see :thumb:

Just thinking I can't be the only one who has a garden? Have a nice 16'x16' raised bed in my backyard. Hauled in topsoil many years ago and it's still rockin really good. This year I tried something new. I laid down black weed barrier over the entire garden after I tilled it up. I cut holes in it to plant my plants. So far it's working great. Just a few weeds in the exposed spots. My only worry is that the black weed barrier will roast my plants when it warms up. Thinking of putting some mulch under the plants to help with that.

Here's what I have growing:

12 Tomato Plants (6 Better Boy, 6 Super Fanstastic)
10 Okra
4 Jalapeno's
4 Anahiem peppers
2 Hot Banana
2 Habenero
2 Hot cherry pepper
2 Crook neck squash
1 Zuchini
1 Watermelon
1 Cantaloupe

Never grown a garden by myself before so this is all an experiment. I'm not really a fan of tomatoes but my entire family loves them and I plan to make a bunch of salsa and can it. I wanted to grow things I will actually use.

What do you have growing?
Should do something, mulch would be good but only 1 inch thick. Next year don't use the weed mat because you should cultivate your garden twice a month to keep the soil loose which in turn will stimulate the root system of your plant. This will lead to healthier plant which will produce more veggies and fruits for you. Grab a garden weasel next time your at home depot and some Osmacote fert. feeds up to 6 months without burning. Good luck with the garden and post up some pics in mid summer!

Should do something, mulch would be good but only 1 inch thick. Next year don't use the weed mat because you should cultivate your garden twice a month to keep the soil loose which in turn will stimulate the root system of your plant. This will lead to healthier plant which will produce more veggies and fruits for you. Grab a garden weasel next time your at home depot and some Osmacote fert. feeds up to 6 months without burning. Good luck with the garden and post up some pics in mid summer!

Thanks for the heads up bro. I went with the barrier cause I was trying to cut down on maitenence issues. I'm young and busy but still wanted to try my hand at a garden. I'll look into that fert. Thanks again.

Back