NapsGear.net

10 Weeks - Should I Bulk?

Rep Points

10 Weeks - Should I Bulk?

I am finishing up a cut. My body fat is 11%. I am a recreational triathlete and do on average 1.5 hours of cardio (running, biking or swimming) per day. I have been lifting weights for 4 months (and until 6 years ago I lifted weights regularly for years but stopped to do triathlons). I need to look as good as possible in 10 weeks. I figure I can either (x) spend the next 10 weeks reducing my body fat to single digit percent or (y) bulk for 8 weeks then cut for 2 weeks. If I bulk I can cut my cardio back to 45 minutes running 3 days per week and 60 minutes biking 3 days per week. That will allow me to maintain a cardio base. I have a small frame (I am 5'10", 145 lbs) so adding muscle would be preferable. So my question is can I realistically expect to add muscle mass in 8 weeks? And if I did would I lose it all in a 2 week cut starting immediately after the 8 week bulk period is over? If I can't add significant muscle or if I would lose the gains in the 2 week cut, then I might as well use the next 10 weeks to cut my body fat more.

Rep Points

You can definitely bulk up a few kilos in that time frame. A lot will depend on your eating though.

If you have a high protein diet and hit the gym 3 times a week you should be able to pack on a couple of kilos without too much body fat. I recently did this myself actually.

The running will counteract the weight training somewhat so I'd try to do the minimum you can...

Rep Points

And by the way, it probably is a good idea to to do a 8-2 week split to burn of any fat you gain...

Come at me Bro!

Rep Points

You can maintain your cardio by cutting down to about 45-60mins every other day, Im assuming your pretty well conditioned.

And yes you can gain in 8 weeks but your diet will be key. Lots of protein portioned out into 5-6 meals a day. And of course a godo amount of complex carbs, there should be some good stuff in the Diet section.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

You can absolutely do it. Hit the heavy compounds for a couple months. You do 1.5hrs of cardio every day? That's intense!
    ElitePeptides.com
    Discount Code: superlift15
    Lowest Prices Online!