IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

more bullies today or just more pussies?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

more bullies today or just more pussies?

seriously.....is our country becoming pussified or is there more bullying then when many of us were kids?

i think kids and the country for that matter is becoming pussified.....television is encouraging the feminization of boys/men already.....maybe there's more chics fighting but that's because there's no fear of reprecussions
    www.euroking-gear.com
    please know and follow the laws of your country regarding aas

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Bullies have their place. Dealing with one is part of growing up and having to stand up for yourself. This is part of our human condition. Socially engineering out bullying will be detrimental to social fitness of our people.

Elite Matador member

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by irish_2003 View Post
    seriously.....is our country becoming pussified or is there more bullying then when many of us were kids?

i think kids and the country for that matter is becoming pussified.....television is encouraging the feminization of boys/men already.....maybe there's more chics fighting but that's because there's no fear of reprecussions
    It gets worse, women are starting to accept to more feminine guy, therefore to become accepted by the opposite sex dudes start finding this trend acceptable. Im with you on this, whole country is becoming pussified by the media, its everywhere. Its not only the states, Different latin american coutries are on the same route, usually entertaining shows on tv targeting the male youth do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I dig their music. Mariachi is good, and flamenco is the shit, although flamenco is all over the place. I use to hate Mexicans until I left my hillbilly land, and was able to form my own opinions.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
    Bullies have their place. Dealing with one is part of growing up and having to stand up for yourself. This is part of our human condition. Socially engineering out bullying will be detrimental to social fitness of our people.
    I agree but then i dont. I think bullying has damaged more lives than helped...

Rep Points

As a High School teacher and coach, I've seen the pussification firsthand. I think the bullying and teasing was actually worse when I went to school 25 years ago. It was a rite of passage on the football team, and not seen as malicious at all. Mostly it meant that you were becoming part of the group. I started in 9th grade, taking away a Senior's job, and taking a little shit from the upperclassmen as the new guy was part of the deal, at least in the beginning. Never thought twice about it, and I did the same thing to the young guys when I got older. Nowdays kids go running to mommy and daddy, or to a coach. Personally, I think learning how to deal with a little teasing is character building, and running to an authority figure is no longer seen as the ultimate pussy move that it was when I was in school. Kids are weaker in so many ways from being coddled and rewarded for doing nothing. the days of "everybody gets a trophy" has produced a very weak-minded generation of kids.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    "everybody gets a trophy" has produced a very weak-minded generation of kids.
    yes, next they'll remove the tickets from the games at Chuck E Cheese so kids "feelings" don't get hurt because they suck at ski-ball
    www.euroking-gear.com
    please know and follow the laws of your country regarding aas

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by irish_2003 View Post
    yes, next they'll remove the tickets from the games at Chuck E Cheese so kids "feelings" don't get hurt because they suck at ski-ball
    Exactly. What the hell ever happened to rewarding hard work and preparation? If you reward kids for doing nothing and making no effort, chances are that's what you'll get. Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. There are winners and losers in life, and the faster you learn this, the more likely that you'll bust your ass not to be one of the losers.

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WendysBaconator View Post
    I agree but then i dont. I think bullying has damaged more lives than helped...
    The one's whose life was ruined can't learn to cope with aggression. Thus he fails. Good! then he won't procreate as much b/c he is ill equipped for life's challenges and can't gather enough resources to win over a female. Better yet he kills himself and doesn't procreate at all. If you can't learn to wade through the bull shit in life then life should eat you up. Make the whole country soft and you will have no one left to defend you from an evil aggressor. That a few ill equipped individuals don't make it is part of the natural selection process. How soft do you want this country to become? You probably like the idea of soccer with no score and everyone gets a certificate of participation at the end of the game. No winners and no losers and no stand outs. No competition and no cream of the crop. No loss and quest for redemption. No win and joy of success. Without winners and losers there can be no perspective of reward for effort. What you end up with is a society that knows no boundaries and has a sense of entitlement. You think the Chinese are crying over a little playground bullying? What will you do when they, or some other aggressor, brings their art of war to your shores? Will you explain to them your philosophy of broken dreams fallen at the behest of the school yard bully? Bullies make us stronger and those that fail to stand up for themselves are cast aside to weaken us no further.

The scrawny school boy cowers in the corner of the yard whilst the fat child kicks him and steals his lunch. Suddenly one day the scrawny school boy stands up and kicks the fat bully square in the nuts and while the obese fool vomits the scrawny school boy bites off his ear. Later that day he sits in the principal's office awaiting his mother grinning that now that he has redeemed himself the fat boy will bully no more. Mother's tongue lashing will be the seal. He is a bad ass and none will fuck with him again.

DRSE ScatMaster

Rep Points

The population has increased thus statistical anomalies occur more frequently. Higher population= more social stress. More social stress= higher rates of aggressive activity. There is a reason why you only find one or two bears per square mile.
    "When in doubt, whip it out"- Mother Teresa

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

This is a complete and utter crock of shit. First off, kids that are bullied don't have the tools to defend themselves which is why they get singled out in the first place. They are may be physically or mentally weak, or maybe they just don't have the social skills to understand why they are being fucked with. If they had someone in their life who would teach them the ins and outs, it wouldn't be an issue, but they don't.

I was on the receiving end for the first part of my life. It wasn't until I was 13 or 14 that I grew some balls and started smashing heads. It wasn't because I became mentally stronger, it was because I snapped like a twig and went psycho on anyone that I perceived as a threat.

After breaking a few noses, I became friends with one of those older kids who fucked me a lot. One of those kids is probably my best friend today. Over the years I learned that he was losing his mind, too. His brother died when he was 12, and he was so filled with anger and rage that he took it out on others. He had a lot of family issues, too.

What did that teach me? It taught me that people fuck with other people for all sorts of reasons, and usually it has more to do with the bully's problems than the "weaker kid". Oh yeah, just so you know, nearly every sociopath and serial killer in history was abused by others. So your theory about bullies maintaining the strength of a society is fucking retarded. Also your theory about people who get bullied don't breed and produce weaker kids is retarded, too. Dumb trailer park trash and ghetto niggers are out-breeding the well adjusted and successful people by 10 to 1. That's fucking awesome, so we get 10 out of work construction workers and liquor store robbers for every one educated professional improving society. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!
    Fucking Determined!

DRSE ScatMaster

Rep Points

I love you keiju

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

This is a complete and utter crock of shit. First off, kids that are bullied don't have the tools to defend themselves which is why they get singled out in the first place. They are may be physically or mentally weak, or maybe they just don't have the social skills to understand why they are being fucked with. If they had someone in their life who would teach them the ins and outs, it wouldn't be an issue, but they don't.

I was on the receiving end for the first part of my life. It wasn't until I was 13 or 14 that I grew some balls and started smashing heads. It wasn't because I became mentally stronger, it was because I snapped like a twig and went psycho on anyone that I perceived as a threat.

After breaking a few noses, I became friends with one of those older kids who fucked me a lot. One of those kids is probably my best friend today. Over the years I learned that he was losing his mind, too. His brother died when he was 12, and he was so filled with anger and rage that he took it out on others. He had a lot of family issues, too.

What did that teach me? It taught me that people fuck with other people for all sorts of reasons, and usually it has more to do with the bully's problems than the "weaker kid". Oh yeah, just so you know, nearly every sociopath and serial killer in history was abused by others. So your theory about bullies maintaining the strength of a society is fucking retarded. Also your theory about people who get bullied don't breed and produce weaker kids is retarded, too. Dumb trailer park trash and ghetto niggers are out-breeding the well adjusted and successful people by 10 to 1. That's fucking awesome, so we get 10 out of work construction workers and liquor store robbers for every one educated professional improving society. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!
    The procreation statement was tongue in cheek. But really, those that do not learn to stand up suffer. Bulling in childhood is one of the first types of aggressive confrontation. Whether you realize it or not learning to deal with confrontation is a part of life. You may wish for a perfect world where no one has to ever deal with confrontation but the fact is that all of us have to and the sooner one learns probably the better. It seems that you are suggesting that there be a set of laws against bullying. There are already laws in place for when bullying becomes criminal. The liberal side of the fence wishes to lower the standard of criminal behavior to some point in the area of two 9 year olds in a play ground where one habitually pushes the other on a semi-regular basis. This is absurd. It's obvious that this is part of childhood and the growing process. You were bullied as was I and my brothers. Guess what? We all learned to cope with it through retaliation, humor or strategy. So I stand by my assertion that bullying plays a part in the preparation for life and it's challenges.

By equating the generation of psychokillers and sociaopaths through criminal abuse by adults, by your implication, you are equating schoolyard bullying to that criminal abuse. I think you can tell the difference. If you want to converse about child abuse at the hands of adults, which is criminal and far away from juvenille play ground bullying, then that is a completely different topic and beyond the context of this thread.

Your statements about trailer trash and ghetto n----- out breeding the educated is completely non sequitur and a racist hateful and a complete and utter crock of shit to use your brilliant vocabulary.

Rep Points

I do think that true bullies, the kind that pick on the weakest victims and are pure cowards at heart need to be confronted. I was more thinking of the teasing and razzing that is just part of growing up. Kids that torture weak kids just 'cause they can need to be stopped, usually by the kids with a bit more self-esteem. There is no doubt that extreme bullying can be very destructive.

Gettin it in
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I will agree that it is more common in today's society for men to be more feminine. However, I think it's a mixture of social manipulation (tv shows, media, etc) and chemical factors that are causing this. By chemical factors, I mean Sodium Flouride in the water systems, BPA and other endocrine disruptors found in many plastic items, pesticides and genetic engineering used in food production, and many other chemicals that are known to be hazardous to human health.

There's no conspiracy, the male population is becoming weaker.

Rep Points

i was the smaller kid all growing up, and played sports. Of course I was bullied. I don't know if this is right or wrong, but from an early age I'm going to teach my kids about defending themselves. I will encourage them into combat sports like wrestling in middle school and high school. Im 6'2" 170lbs so obviously i'm not a very imposing figure as i walk around. Recently due to a road rage incident I was followed for over a mile on residential roads and was forced to defend myself against an individual quite a bit bigger than me. This guy obviously thought because I was smaller i was weaker and he could kick my ass. It was only because I've been training and he had no idea how to handle himself I could remove the threat without any damage. I'm not convinced bullying is getting worse in today's society. I just think that there is more publicity of it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by withoutrulers View Post
    The population has increased thus statistical anomalies occur more frequently. Higher population= more social stress. More social stress= higher rates of aggressive activity. There is a reason why you only find one or two bears per square mile.
    according to A.C. Neilsen:

Approximate number of studies examining TV's effects on children: 4,000
    Number of minutes per week that parents spend in meaningful
    conversation with their children: 3.5
    Number of minutes per week that the average child watches television: 1,680
    Percentage of day care centers that use TV during a typical day: 70
    Percentage of parents who would like to limit their children's TV watching: 73
    Percentage of 4-6 year-olds who, when asked to choose between watching TV
    and spending time with their fathers, preferred television: 54
    Hours per year the average American youth spends in school: 900 hours
    Hours per year the average American youth watches television: 1500

Number of murders seen on TV by the time an average child finishes elementary school: 8,000
    Number of violent acts seen on TV by age 18: 200,000
    Percentage of Americans who believe TV violence helps precipitate real life mayhem: 79

Number of 30-second TV commercials seen in a year by an average child: 20,000
    Number of TV commercials seen by the average person by age 65: 2 million
    Percentage of survey participants (1993) who said that TV commercials
    aimed at children make them too materialistic: 92
    Rank of food products/fast-food restaurants among TV advertisements to kids: 1
    Total spending by 100 leading TV advertisers in 1993: $15 billion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV certainly doesn't cause any problems. it informs people with accurate information, right?....nah
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Elite Matador member

Rep Points

[QUOTE=bio-chem;2338532]i was the smaller kid all growing up, and played sports. Of course I was bullied. I don't know if this is right or wrong, but from an early age I'm going to teach my kids about defending themselves. QUOTE]

I see nothing wrong with that, last thing I want is my kid feeling uncomfortable or unprepared on a situation similar to the one you've described. It could be a life and death scenario.
    I dig their music. Mariachi is good, and flamenco is the shit, although flamenco is all over the place. I use to hate Mexicans until I left my hillbilly land, and was able to form my own opinions.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I find it very disturbing if people believe what ever media tells them. Media can brainwash people at massive scale. If Uncle Sam wants to control people, they might use media to change our way of thinking, just like it is done in China. It is very scary if I think about.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference
    you have never spent the night with a mosquito."
    ~ Dali lama

DRSE ScatMaster

Rep Points

according to A.C. Neilsen:

Approximate number of studies examining TV's effects on children: 4,000
    Number of minutes per week that parents spend in meaningful
    conversation with their children: 3.5
    Number of minutes per week that the average child watches television: 1,680
    Percentage of day care centers that use TV during a typical day: 70
    Percentage of parents who would like to limit their children's TV watching: 73
    Percentage of 4-6 year-olds who, when asked to choose between watching TV
    and spending time with their fathers, preferred television: 54
    Hours per year the average American youth spends in school: 900 hours
    Hours per year the average American youth watches television: 1500

Number of murders seen on TV by the time an average child finishes elementary school: 8,000
    Number of violent acts seen on TV by age 18: 200,000
    Percentage of Americans who believe TV violence helps precipitate real life mayhem: 79

Number of 30-second TV commercials seen in a year by an average child: 20,000
    Number of TV commercials seen by the average person by age 65: 2 million
    Percentage of survey participants (1993) who said that TV commercials
    aimed at children make them too materialistic: 92
    Rank of food products/fast-food restaurants among TV advertisements to kids: 1
    Total spending by 100 leading TV advertisers in 1993: $15 billion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV certainly doesn't cause any problems. it informs people with accurate information, right?....nah
    You're preaching to the choir on this. I've been saying T.V. is propaganda/harmful replacement for babysitting for years. Sociological problems are exceptionally complicated. There is almost never ONE reason for a set of behaviors. T.v. definitely contributes, as well as both parents having to work to bring in the same level of income as a working father in the fifties. Higher stress levels=higher aggressive behaviors. It's probably a direct correlation. Denser population = more intense competition for resources, the list can go on and on.

Anabolic Whore
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Kids are just soft these days. It's not really their fault, it's just what comes with the times. The baby boomers were filled with go-getters. They fought for what they wanted and that is the key to success.

I'm only 26 and I can see the difference from when I was a kid to now. It's actually sad.
    Disclaimer: All information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. Everything posted is for entertainment purposes only. ANIMALHOUSE is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way use, encourage, nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Your statements about trailer trash and ghetto n----- out breeding the educated is completely non sequitur and a racist hateful and a complete and utter crock of shit to use your brilliant vocabulary.
    You share the opinions of the ultra liberal politically correct people whom you made fun of in your own post. You don't really know what racism is do you?

You also don't know the consequences of abusing others, especially as children. Bullying is a lower brain function mammalian trait. You can see dogs abusing other dogs to maintain the social hierarchy which is fine for a pack of 8 or 10 dogs. We aren't dogs. We have the most developed brains on the planet living in societies with billions of people. Beating up a kid for his lunch money everyday does not serve the needs of our complex society. Instead what you get is non-stop news coverage of mother fuckers mowing down 30 classmates when they snap and decide to fight back against a world that has turned it's back on them.

I don't think anything can be done about bullying. It is human nature, like envy and greed. I am sure it served a purpose during the development and evolution of man, but it isn't something we need anymore, and it especially isn't something that needs advocating for.
    Last edited by KelJu; 06-13-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Fucking Determined!

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

Growing up as the smallest kid in class and probably the most socially maladjusted at the same time I was constantly bullied. Switching schools at important times didn't help either. Bullying serves no purpose. I'd wager that anyone who claims bullying is for the betterment of society was probably a bully themselves.

The sad fact is that bullies are often protected by those that can intervene and stop the bullying. Parents, school teachers & principals, etc. When you snap from being constantly bullied and you demolish one or two kids that have been tormenting you, you are suddenly in the wrong. You shouldn't have broken that nose, fattened that lip and generally made a bloody mess of them. You go through literally years of physical and verbal abuse and when you decide enough is enough you're the one who is the trouble maker.

Fuck that shit. My oldest son has Aspergers Syndrome, so he is an automatic target by other kids simply because he doesn't fit in socially. He has my permission to fuck up any kid that goes too far. When he gets hauled to the office all he's going to do, or all he's supposed to do, is tell them to call me at work and I'll go to the school and help get the mess sorted. Something my parents never did for me.

Bullies and their parents need the shit kicked out of them. A new mudhole stomped in their back. And any other metaphor for a serious ass beating you can think of.

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You share the opinions of the ultra liberal politically correct people whom you made fun of in your own post. You don't really know what racism is do you?

You also don't know the consequences of abusing others, especially as children. Bullying is a lower brain function mammalian trait. You can see dogs abusing other dogs to maintain the social hierarchy which is fine for a pack of 8 or 10 dogs. We aren't dogs. We have the most developed brains on the planet living in societies with billions of people. Beating up a kid for his lunch money everyday does not serve the needs of our complex society. Instead what you get is non-stop news coverage of mother fuckers mowing down 30 classmates when they snap and decide to fight back against a world that has turned it's back on them.

I don't think anything can be done about bullying. It is human nature, like envy and greed. I am sure it served a purpose during the development and evolution of man, but it isn't something we need anymore, and it especially isn't something that needs advocating for.
    I see you are an extremely sensitive person for a racist. Maybe you should stop reading psychology today and turn off CNN.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I see you are an extremely sensitive person for a racist. Maybe you should stop reading psychology today and turn off CNN.
    I don't doubt one bit that I am sensitive to certain issues. But, I am most sensitive to stupidity. See, when you say stupid shit like bullying is good for society, the stupidity of that statement rapes my brain, as I have to spend a moment trying to figure how a person can be so fucking dumb as to say something like that.

I call bullshit on your tough guy act, anyway. Anybody who thinks it is good for people to go around harassing and hurting others for no other reason than their own satisfaction is a tool, a pussy, and a piece of shit. You are a fucking internet tough guy loser.
    Fucking Determined!

Get outta my yard
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I don't doubt one bit that I am sensitive to certain issues. But, I am most sensitive to stupidity. See, when you say stupid shit like bullying is good for society, the stupidity of that statement rapes my brain, as I have to spend a moment trying to figure how a person can be so fucking dumb as to say something like that.

I call bullshit on your tough guy act, anyway. Anybody who thinks it is good for people to go around harassing and hurting others for no other reason than their own satisfaction is a tool, a pussy, and a piece of shit. You are a fucking internet tough guy loser.
    I see you have a problem dealing with other perspectives other than your own, at least on this topic. It would also seem that you have not adapted from the bullying you suffered as a youth. So you hide behind a keyboard wishing that the world was without aggression or aggressors so you never have to deal with one again. Unfortunately there will always be A-holes and F-wads to mess with people even in the schoolyard. If you can't see that it's part of the growing process and that confrontation and learning to deal with it is a necessary life skill then I feel sorry for you. I suggest you seek the opinion of someone older and wiser than you to explain some fundamentals of adulthood and how to get there.

Rep Points

i owe Kelju so many reps for making me laugh so fucking hard in this thread.
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sometimes a man just has to ask himself:
    Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Do you feel like Wolf Kabob Rosh Vanich......

Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I see you have a problem dealing with other perspectives other than your own, at least on this topic. It would also seem that you have not adapted from the bullying you suffered as a youth. So you hide behind a keyboard wishing that the world was without aggression or aggressors so you never have to deal with one again. Unfortunately there will always be A-holes and F-wads to mess with people even in the schoolyard. If you can't see that it's part of the growing process and that confrontation and learning to deal with it is a necessary life skill then I feel sorry for you. I suggest you seek the opinion of someone older and wiser than you to explain some fundamentals of adulthood and how to get there.
    There is considering another person's point of view, then there is face palming when you actually hear the words coming out of someone's mouth. Which one do you think you are? Is it, or is it not your point of view that bullying kids is good for them and society because it causes weaker kids to not have sex and or kill themselves?

That is what you wrote. I read it, I considered it, and then I came to the conclusion that you are a fucking douchebag. But I'll throw you a bone and cop to the fact that most of your assertions about me are spot on. I do wish the world was without suffering and ugliness. I do wish that I could let shit slide right off of me instead of going immediately into full blown adrenaline fueled fight mode any time I perceive someone might be trying to over power or bully me.

I am almost 30 years old, I will never change, and this is how I am. I have my hand full of friends and family that I would lie down my life for, and then there is everyone else, just a more potential confrontations that I don't want to have to deal with because bad shit happens, and I end up looking like a dick for something I did or said.

I don't pretend to be awesome, or cool, are even well adjusted. I am so fucking weird at this point that I don't even think I know how to anymore. But the side effect of that is that I am probably the most brutally honest person you will ever know, and my honest opinion of you is that you are protecting your fragile little ego behind a tough guy act. Those who prey on the weak are cowards, or they would go start shit with someone who they know will defend themselves.
    Fucking Determined!

- - - - - - -

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    lmao at the comment

"and thats how rap got invented"

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You also don't know the consequences of abusing others, especially as children. Bullying is a lower brain function mammalian trait. You can see dogs abusing other dogs to maintain the social hierarchy which is fine for a pack of 8 or 10 dogs. We aren't dogs.
    What becomes of a pack animal that gets kicked out of the pack or pride? Some of them team up and become total bullies themselves, look at the 2 lions from The Ghost and The Darkness, they became sociopaths, murdering men for sport. I saw another lion show once where 3 male lions who weren't in a pride just roamed around seeking cubs to kill.

This is one of the worst outcomes of bullying, the bullied want revenge so they take it a step further and take out their rage on everyone cause they feel no one was there to step in for them when they were bullied.....it's not the hurt feelings, it the grudge and the contempt for everyone that we should be worried about when we think about bullying.....
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012