• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Marines' Parris Island gets first female commander

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Marines' Parris Island gets first female commander

By the CNN Wire Staff
UPDATED: 10:08 PM EDT 06.18.11

Parris Island, the South Carolina military installation that has trained thousands of young Marines, has its first female commander.

Brig. Gen. Lori Reynolds took over at a change-of-command ceremony Friday at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island.

"It's not about male or female, it's about highly qualified officers," Capt. Bernadette Newman told CNN Savannah affiliate WSAV. "The Marine Corps gets it right. It's a performance-based society, and if you look at General Reynolds' bio, she has more than enough experience to add value to this, so it is exciting."

Reynolds recently returned from a year-long deployment to Afghanistan, where she was the first woman in the Marine Corps to command units in a war zone.

The 1st Marine Expeditionary Force Headquarters Group took a base that initially fed, housed and equipped more than 10,000 Marines, and built it up to handle the troop surge of an additional 10,000 Marines and sailors into Afghanistan, the Corps said.

According to news reports, Reynolds did not mention her gender at the ceremony, and declined to make comments afterward.

"As her career progressed, she had different leadership opportunities to mold and mentor officers and enlisted of all ranks, and now she's here where she has the whole gamut of officers and enlisted, and for us it's a great opportunity," Newman told WSAV.

"She truly knows from start to finish the Marines, and she knows every level."

Reynolds was commissioned in the Marine Corps in May 1986 after graduating from the United States Naval Academy.

She replaces Brig. Gen. Frederick M. Padilla, who received an Okinawa assignment.

Parris Island, near Beaufort, has trained enlisted late Marines since 1915. Enlisted female training began there in February 1949. Reynolds' recruiting area includes the eastern half of the United States.

From CNN.com

Awe. The new Marine Corps, soo special!

Colonel Lori Reynolds

reynolds.jpg

Colonel Lori Reynolds was commissioned in the Marine Corps in May 1986 after graduating from the United States Naval Academy. Upon graduation from the Basic School in 1987, 2nd Lt. Reynolds attended the Basic Communication Officer???s Course at Quantico, Va., and was assigned the 2502 MOS.

2nd Lt. Reynolds??? first duty assignment was with Communications Company, Headquarters Battalion, 1st Marine Division, Camp Pendleton, CA. Serving initially as communications watch officer at the Base Communication Center as part of the Fleet Assistance Program, 2nd Lt Reynolds later returned to the Division Communications Company where she served from May 1988 until August 1990 as communication center platoon commander, multichannel platoon commander, Operations officer, and Radio officer.

In August 1990, 1st Lt Reynolds was reassigned to Marine Wing Communications Squadron 18, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, Okinawa, Japan, and was the Detachment Alpha executive officer for nine months before assuming command of the detachment for three months. In August 1991, Capt Reynolds was reassigned to the Marine Corps Systems Command in Quantico, VA.

From September 1991 until June 1994, Capt Reynolds was a telecommunications systems project officer at the Marine Corps Systems Command. While there, Capt Reynolds worked primarily on item management, procurement, research and development, and maintenance of Marine Corps??? communications security (COMSEC) systems.

From July 1994 to May 1995, Capt Reynolds attended the Command and Control Systems Course, Marine Corps University, Quantico, Va. After graduation, Capt Reynolds served as a candidate platoon commander for Charlie Company, Officer Candidate School in Quantico.

In September 1995, Capt Reynolds returned to Camp Pendleton to serve with the Ninth Communication Battalion, 1st Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Intelligence Group, I MEF. While there, she served as assistant operations officer and Commanding Officer Bravo Company.

From Jun 1997 to Jun 2000, Major Reynolds commanded Recruiting Station Harrisburg PA, 4th Marine Corps District. She attended the Naval War College from Aug 2000 until June 2001, and from June 2001 to May 2003, was assigned as Action Officer and Deputy Division Head for Strategic Plans Division, Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4) Department, Headquarters Marine Corps, Washington DC.

LtCol Reynolds assumed command of Ninth Communication Battalion, I MEF on 8 June 2003 and deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II from February 2004 to March 2005. Lt Col Reynolds graduated from the Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania in 2006.

From Command Element | I MEF Headquarters Group

Much respect to the men and women who serve in the armed forces. :bow:

Female Engagement Team (FET)

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

5th female Marine to be killed in Iraq

YouTube Video

She was 20 years old.

reynolds-and.jpg

Col. Lori Reynolds, commanding officer of I Marine Headquarters Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, meets with her family after returning from a year-long deployment to Afghanistan, March 10, 2011. (Photo by Cpl. Jennifer Calaway)

IML Gear Cream!
I Marine Expeditionary Force Headquarters Group returns from deployment

CAMP PENDLETON, CA, March 11, 2011
Story by Cpl. Jennifer Calaway

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON, Calif.

The last group of Marines and sailors with I Marine Expeditionary Force Headquarters Group returned to Camp Pendleton after a year-long deployment to Afghanistan March 10.

More than one hundred family, friends and volunteers anxiously awaited their loved ones return.

"I am extremely proud," said Roberta Aenly, mother of Col. Lori Reynolds, commanding officer of I MHG. "I prayed a lot. It's kind of hard to believe what they did over there."

While deployed, I MHG provided administrative, training, and logistical support to the I Marine Expeditionary Force (FWD) command element.

Under Reynolds' command, I MHG Marines took a base that initially fed, housed and equipped more than 10,000 Marines, and built it up to handle the troop surge of an additional 10,000 Marines and sailors into Afghanistan. Reynolds is also credited for being the first female Marine to command battlespace.

"As the commanding officer for I MHG, she had five battalions and a Bahraini company that worked for her," said Lt. Col. Julie Nethercot, the commanding officer of 9th Communications Battalion.

For the homecoming, the Southern California Patriot Guard motorcycle riders accompanied the arriving buses, which added to the festive atmosphere.
Joseph Lynch, a Vietnam veteran boasting military service dating back to 1948, was impressed at how the Marines were welcomed home.

"This is amazing," said Lynch, father of Master Sgt. Mark Lynch, the I MHG armory chief. "Nobody welcomed us back, but this is a real party!"

The I MHG family readiness office organized the welcome party for the nearly 250 Marines and sailors.

"It's nice to know that as a family member, we are part of this brotherhood that the Marine Corps has," Aenly said.

From http://www.i-mef.usmc.mil/external/mefhqtrsgrp/1stanglicomhg/news/news_2011_03_11.jsp

So they got new commander who happens to be a woman. I hope she is as good as Captain janeway of Startrek the Voyager.:D

Glad I'm done with parris island. They probably gonna stOp the crucible an just have a 3 day bake-off

janeway.jpg

IN YOUR FACE, PICARD!

First off, you don't talk shit about Picard and if you are going to go for chicks on Voyager, need we not just go straight to Jerry Ryan's ridiculously fine ass? That chick had a banging body and was in a damn tight bodysuit 24/7.

I'd be okay with it if I knew for certain that they hadn't lowered the bar for her.

It happens in a lot of professions. Be it firefighting, soldiers, or policing. They lower the bar.

A woman firefighter isn't required to carry as much as a man can. Great, so because a chick can't carry my unconscious body down three flights of stairs I get to die.

But hey, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assumed she genuinely earned it.

IML Gear Cream!
Once again, Curt, above and beyond!

And for Ms. Dikey Joe...

From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli
We fight our countries battles
In the chow hall, Px and infirmary
First to fight for right and freedom
And to be the 1st wm killed in combat
And I must keep my vag clean
We are proud to claim the title
of a dikey u.s. marine

:roflmao:

I kid, I kid!

I'd be okay with it if I knew for certain that they hadn't lowered the bar for her.

It happens in a lot of professions. Be it firefighting, soldiers, or policing. They lower the bar.

A woman firefighter isn't required to carry as much as a man can. Great, so because a chick can't carry my unconscious body down three flights of stairs I get to die.

But hey, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assumed she genuinely earned it.

Sorry, DOMS, but your life is the price we have to pay to advance this society! :kissu:

First off, you don't talk shit about Picard and if you are going to go for chicks on Voyager, need we not just go straight to Jerry Ryan's ridiculously fine ass? That chick had a banging body and was in a damn tight bodysuit 24/7.

Seven_of_Nine5.jpg

Seven_of_Nine6.jpg

Back