• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cruising vs. PCT

Livebig14

Getting fucking huge
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys. I have been reading up on this a lot lately. What are your opinions on cruising vs. proper PCT? I am 24 years old, and would like to get my pro card. Would the chances of that happening be any better/worse if I just cruised and blasted cycles? I know that when you just cruise you keep more of your gains than you would if you ran a proper PCT, but I have also heard that your receptors will not clear properly if you cruise. Any truth to this? Not looking to get flamed for this guys. What do you think?

Well...... you may be setting yourself up for TRT if you do a blast cruise.
yeah thats true. But what do you think is the better route to go if you want to try to go pro?

Receptors being cleaned... that theory just doesn't hold up, imo, as there is no evidence to support it.

If you cruise, yes, you'll retain your gains. But you'll also run the risk of losing your natural testosterone production for good if you blast/cruise too long.

I don't mean to be a prick here first off. A lot of young guys get 1 or 2 cycles under their belt and decide their life goal is to become a professional bodybuilder. I have no idea of what your potential is but I have seen a lot of guys with really not close to the genetic gifts it truly takes to go pro. I can pretty much guarantee you that someone with those gifts can walk into a local level show natural and win. These pro athletes are no different than gifted athletes in any other sport. Tons of guys think they can go pro NFL but when you actually see one of these athletes up close and performing you will realize that, for instance, an NFL linebacker is not a normal human being and never was a normal human being. Same with those guys that go pro in bodybuilding. No drug cycle will ever make up for genetics. Maybe you are gifted. I don't know. But if you think maybe you have what it takes then get out there and compete a few times going through the whole prep and testing the waters before you decide to go to the hilt. Pros go thorough a lot of sacrifice even though they are genetically gifted. It's not the most comfortable way to go through life. Walking around at 5'8" at 300 lbs full of juice with astronomical BP huffing and puffing walking up 2 flights of stairs can't be comfortable. In the end is it really worth it to be a pro when only the top 20 or so make a decent living at all?

I advise just weigh it out.

My 2 cents,

G

Glycomann said it perfect (I owe you reps when I'm home).

Only a genetically gifted few can make it to the professional level in our sport. More often then not, it's just not in the cards. PCT my friend, blast and cruise later when the natural T levels have dropped. Just my advice.

About your signature.

There is no such thing as overtraining, only undereating

Not true man. Your muscles maybe. But your joints and ligaments need to be looked after. These don't recover at the rate of your muscles. So be nice to them and give them some time off every now and then.

About your signature.

There is no such thing as overtraining, only undereating

Not true man. Your muscles maybe. But your joints and ligaments need to be looked after. These don't recover at the rate of your muscles. So be nice to them and give them some time off every now and then.
yeah I understand what your saying. Besides your joints though between gear and an insane amount of food I do believe it is difficult to overtrain. Also it depends on the particular person as well. But definatley possible and you do have to take care of your joints like your saying

IML Gear Cream!
thanks man thats probably what ill end up doing but still not 100%

Your going to. Not trying to judge, but from the sounds of it, your just wanting someone to tell you that you should.

Anyone thats responded with reason, you've dismissed.

A few questions that I hope you'll be honest with yourself answering. Don't answer here, just something I hope you consider:

1)At 24, how can you be possibly sure you want to do this for the rest of your life? Are you ready to inject at least once a week, for the rest of your life?

2)Are you in the tops ranks of the amateur class?

3)Have you competed regularly, to the point you know where you stand?

4)Do you have a steady job that can support this? (cause it will take a quite a while to make any real money even if you get your procard)

5)Most importantly - Do you believe in yourself 100%, no doubts?

Not trying to flame at all, please don't take it like that. I mean for all I know you could be the next Dorian Yates. But step back and look at yourself from outside of your own box.

Before you sign yourself up for lifelong HRT, maybe you should enter a show and see how you do.
Better yet....
Post up a few pics of yourself here.
If you look like pro material we will tell you but I assure you you should be prepared to be let down.
I have a buddy of mine, 24 years old, 265lbs lean. He...MAY have what it takes. Yah hes big but shape and symmetry are important as well. He is running TONS of shit.

Please post a few pics this way....I can better asses your potential.
Otherwise Ill assume your just looking for people to tell you its the right thing to do.
Most likely it is not.

By the way...I have been blasting....no cruise for 6 months+
I have been on AAS for many years and at least 3 with no OFF period.
Im not even close to ever even thinking Im gonna be a pro.

Meet a few of em....take a couple pics of you standing next to even a decent amateur.
Or like I said...take some pics and let us see em.
This is to help you.

I wake up every so often and just think..."fuk ...every muscle is sore from injections and scar tissue" I dont know if I can keep this up. But I do it because now I cannot go back. I have to do at least 1-2 injections weekly. When I inject is sounds like Im pushing the neeedle through a can of pringles because there is so much scar tissue at the injection sites.

Perhaps reconsider.

thanks guys for the responses on this thread. I have decided not to cruise im just going to run a proper PCT and see how it goes as far as retaining gains. possibly in the future cruising could be an option for me, but my natural testosterone should recover well with me being only 24. thanks again guys

Good call brother.

Agreed!

Being 41, I am on TRT, not going to say I don't like it cause I do, BUT, if I could go back to 24 years of age, without a doubt I would not want to be pinning myself at least twice a week every week for the rest of my life! Not to mention, your natty test will be doing so much more for you!

yeah and like you guys said if your gonna even try and go pro ( let alone actually have what it takes) you have to devote your entire life to it. Not sure if I would want trt forever. thanks again guys

Glycomann said it perfect (I owe you reps when I'm home).

blast and cruise later when the natural T levels have dropped. Just my advice.

I have been thinking about the cruise, 47 now and on TRT which is a gel that doesn't do much for me. I was doing 125mg test E on top of my gel when I had my levels last checked and was at 750. Having my levels checked again this week after being off cycle and just on the gel for a month. I am curious to see how low it is, I am definitely tired more and loosing lean muscle and gaining bf fast.

I have done 2 cycles and start my next in November but if my levels are low I am going to just restart the 125mg a week and cruise between cycles because I felt great on it and it is probably keeps my levels where they should be anyways.

At this point it is a lifelong thing I guess; I have had my kids and snipped the jewels when that was done so no worries there. I want to keep up my energy, sex drive and lean muscle.

Hey guys. I have been reading up on this a lot lately. What are your opinions on cruising vs. proper PCT? I am 24 years old, and would like to get my pro card. Would the chances of that happening be any better/worse if I just cruised and blasted cycles? I know that when you just cruise you keep more of your gains than you would if you ran a proper PCT, but I have also heard that your receptors will not clear properly if you cruise. Any truth to this? Not looking to get flamed for this guys. What do you think?

At 24 you would be crazy to cruise. I do, but I am twice your age! Your body produces enough naturaly. Good PCT and you keep gains! My 2 cents!

IML Gear Cream!
At 24 you would be crazy to cruise. I do, but I am twice your age! Your body produces enough naturaly. Good PCT and you keep gains! My 2 cents!
I wouldnt say its crazy. There are a lot of guys that do it. Its a lifelong decision. As of now im PCT'ing and waiting for my next cycle. Im going to continue to ponder it though with each successive cycle but will always have the stuff do run a proper PCT with

I wouldnt say its crazy. There are a lot of guys that do it. Its a lifelong decision. As of now im PCT'ing and waiting for my next cycle. Im going to continue to ponder it though with each successive cycle but will always have the stuff do run a proper PCT with

Maybe Crazy is a strong word, your right it a choice you have to make, and it is a commentment that will last. For me I cruise, but I have low T so while I am cruising my levels are where a 24 year old is. So not sure where the benifits are except you can do more cycles:winkfinger:

benefits would be that I can retain gains much easier and you dont have to deal with the mind games of being "off". Disadvantages have been discussed. Ill post again on this thread if I ever decide to cruise.

I had not considered cruzin till I read this thread. Lots of great info and opinions thanks all. Now that I am over 50 maybe it is something that would work out for me.

Go get bloodwork done and see where your levels are. If they are low enough you may just get it prescribed by your doc

Thank you, I will do that!

Go get bloodwork done and see where your levels are. If they are low enough you may just get it prescribed by your doc

I am interested to see what my blood levels are, I have been just on the gel for the last 30 days. I had it tested today.

To me a cruise is be basically keeping my levels in the high normal range, that's all 125mg a week would do. The gel just doesn't do enough for me but this doc isn't prescribing the injectable

Some have mentioned they cruise at 250mg a week which is probably higher than I want to go. I keep my gains at 125mg a week and it keeps my test level at 750, well I still use the gel too. Can't let it go to waste lol.

There are risks I guess to both sides..... you could cruise with hcg therapy but that also might cause a permamnent shut down of the LH...... the chain has to be cut somewhere.

I am wondering if there is a form wehre you cycle on and off without totally going off and use a form of pct while taking the lower dosages.

PCT while taking any dosages will not do anything because you will still be shut down

not if you are taking hcg....

the idea I was throwing out was if you go with a lower dosage, would a pct assist in preventing too much estrogen imbalance from happening so you dont get the issues associated while the hcg maintains testicular size, so it becomes more of an estrogen issue, doesnt it? (just asking).

some people use a blast and cruise wehre they never really ever go off but alternate high and low cycles

Back