• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Greg's hijack thread

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
In an effort not to clutter up threads with off topic thoughts and ponderings, I bring you the hijack thread.

Here you can post anything* without fear of being asked, "Hey, why are you posting that here? Why are you derailing this thread?"

That can't happen here because the entire purpose of this thread is to serve as its own hijack.

*Well, anything except supremely "Anything Goes" content. :paddle:

wtfisthis.JPG

Saw this on a blog called SwanShadow and thought I'd share it here. I'm a comic book reader since before I could actually read. Currently work part-time at an area comic store and newsstand.

The blogger wrote...

Feast your baby [insert appropriate eye color here]s on this, the latest addition to my Common Elements comic art commission series.

Moondragon.jpg

Common Elements commissions are like Forrest Gump's mom's box of chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get. Often, the artist simply draws his or her best representation of the two characters I've assigned. That's an excellent outcome in itself. On other occasions, the artist will go beyond the characters themselves, and create a unique milieu in which to set the figures. That, of course, is even better.

Every now and then, an artist will push the concept's envelope and come up with a scenario that I never would have anticipated, much less thought of myself. Steve Carr (best known for his early '90s run on Marvel's Savage Sword of Conan) does that here.

In the immortal words of Dave Niehaus, the voice of the Seattle Mariners, "Get out the mustard and rye bread, Grandma... it's grand salami time!"

Steve's cleverly conceived, magnificently rendered tableux features sometime-Avenger, sometime-Defender Moondragon gazing into a reflecting pool that reveals J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_ManhunterJustice League fame. Or is it J'onn gazing, and Moondragon the reflection?

MartianManhunter.jpg

Every picture tells a story, but this one suggests an entire miniseries.

If you look closely, you'll see that Steve notated the black areas (with tiny x's) for the piece's eventual embellisher ??? legendary inker Joe Rubinstein, who generously made the connection between Mr. Carr and me. Joe is currently working on another of my Common Elements commissions ??? just wait until you see that beauty ??? and will (I hope) tackle Steve's astonishing creation sometime later this year.

About the two "smooth operators" in Steve's drawing...

Moondragon ??? in civilian life Heather Douglas, daughter of the man who was later transmogrified into Drax the Destroyer ??? first appeared in the Marvel Universe during my favorite period of superhero history, the so-called Bronze Age of Comics. (You know it better as the 1970s.) The Bronze Age was a freewheeling, "throw it against the wall and see whether it sticks" period, and Moondragon combined many of the motifs popular at the time: She had connections to alien civilizations, possessed powerful psionic powers, was a skilled martial artist, displayed an antiheroic moral ambiguity, and wore a scanty costume. (Steve Carr drew her here in an outfit from a later period in her career, when she covered up a little more.) Her bald pate helped her stand out among the other, usually abundantly tressed, superheroines of the day.

The Martian Manhunter's origins reach back much further, to the earliest days of DC Comics' superhero revival of the 1950s. (We call it the Silver Age, in comics history parlance.) J'onn J'onzz was basically a bald, green-skinned Superman, the last survivor of an alien race. He wielded most of the Man of Steel's superhuman powers, plus more besides ??? he was a shape-shifter and a telepath, too. Instead of kryptonite, J'onn's Achilles heel was fire. A founding member of the Justice League of America, the Manhunter from Mars has been closely connected with the JLA throughout its existence.

My thanks to Steve Carr for knocking this commission out of the park, with all the bags juiced.

And that's your Comic Art Friday.

###

Do you read comic books or anything like Heavy Metal magazine?

2433rqt.jpg

Basalt Columns

Towering in close symmetry, these basalt columns near Fingal’s Cave form the base of the Scottish island of Staffa. The columns formed when cooling lava flows met bedrock and the region’s cold weather. The island contains three main caves.
Photograph by Jim Richardson

misty-dawn-korea_35952_990x742.jpg

^^^I want to go fishing there!

Mix equal parts bleach and acetone to create the world's worst mouth wash.:nerd:

IML Gear Cream!
Suubed. Let the useless info pour in.

What's up with French girls. Is the no shaving thing legit? I got this 45+ yr old milf in my apt buildin who has the body of a well filled out 17 yr old. My mind wanders if she keeps a good trim. Your thoughts?

eggs. not so awesome.

ROFLMAO

A good smoke! Only Franky didn't realise it was Wacky Tabacky!

reminds me of the first time I smoked a blunt, didn't realize what the effects were going to be, I was way too high. that's when the girl decides to tell me that her father will be home early in the morning and he was an RI state trooper.

reminds me of the first time I smoked a blunt, didn't realize what the effects were going to be, I was way too high. that's when the girl decides to tell me that her father will be home early in the morning and he was an RI state trooper.

D'OH! lol I guess being high prevented you from totally freaking out? :mooh:

More Dr. Manhattan...

YouTube Video

Oh man, what a buzz kill! :mooh:

berlin_224_800x600.jpg

Back