NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

15 year old first time really cutting please help

Rep Points

Question 15 year old first time really cutting please help

I am 15 almost 16, 5 10 around 190 12 percent body fat. I am going to be really trying to cut down before I begin bulking again. Gained about 35 lbs in a little over a year and lost about 8 percent body fat from my original weight. I have tried cutting several times before and I never seem to get lower than 9 percent. I am going to be really doing a lot of cardio. I gain size very easily and my diet is very strict. Here is the routine I will be proposing over the next 6 weeks.

Morning cardio 45 mins steady state(2-4 times a week)

Then in the afternoon I will do my lifts.
    Heavy Lifting chest,back,legs, shoulders and arms, then off day
    reps 6-15 for about an hour very fast between sets then after i lift
    thirty minutes of steady state cardio.

I will be eating 2500-3000 calories a day 300 grams of protein 50 grams of fat 300 carbs.
    5-7 meals. I will eat most of my carbs earlier in the day and then after I work out these carbs will be very low GI except my post workout which is maltodextrin and dextrose. I will eat less calories later in the day more fats and lots of vegetables.

Supps
    Fish Oil
    Multivitamin
    Vitamin C(for cortisol)
    Creatine
    Cayenne Pepper
    Whey Protein
    Pre Workout (1 mr)
    possibly a fat burner

How does this look.

Rep Points

it looks great & props on starting early, you seem very educated for a kid your age.

But if I were you, I'd lower your calories around 500 calories under your maintenance. but do it gradually. 2500-3000 is way over your maintenance & all you'll be doing is slow bulking. Lift heavy & maintain most if not all your strength to preserve muscle. High protein, moderate fats & carbs ONLY before & after workouts. other than that you seem like you know what your doing. Good luck on your cut brah

Rep Points

Thanks, how much weight should I expect to lose over six weeks without losing mass.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by buddhaluv View Post
    it looks great & props on starting early, you seem very educated for a kid your age.

But if I were you, I'd lower your calories around 500 calories under your maintenance. but do it gradually. 2500-3000 is way over your maintenance & all you'll be doing is slow bulking. Lift heavy & maintain most if not all your strength to preserve muscle. High protein, moderate fats & carbs ONLY before & after workouts. other than that you seem like you know what your doing. Good luck on your cut brah
    Don't see how 2500-3000 is way over maintenance. Kid is 190 pounds and fairly lean already at 12%, if his estimation is correct. In any case, I do think working to cut bodyfat over time is a good way to go. I have to say that at your age, I'd focus on gaining muscle unless weight is a real issue. Seems to me that you are pretty lean already, and you can always cut under 10% in a few years. I know at your age I was focused on getting big and strong. Got to built a base first.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

jdm, first I applaud you on your efforts.
    However, I'm curious and a bit concerned as to why you think you need this volume and why have you picked these rep numbers without mention of sets? Also, who created this diet and routine? Why would you need 7 meals a day? Who determined your caloric intake numbers?

To maintain this bodyweight, you only need 2850 calories.
    -To drop some fat, to get to 10%, and your lean mass is currently 167lbs, you'd weigh in at around 180-182. This is a good start for a good bulk.
    To get to this weight:
    -Your caloric structure would need to be 2756 calories daily.
    I multiplied 1.25g x lean mass. You need 210g of protein.
    -Keep fats higher at 0.6 x lean mass for satiety's sake = 100g fat.
    -The rest can be your carbs at 240-250g.

Then on your off days, drop your carbs-simply because you arent using it and bring fat up higher. About 20g additionally for fat, and lower carbs about 40g. This would only occur on your non-lifting days.

These calculations are by no means completely accurate, but they're pretty close to ballpark figures as you're going to get.

Can you spell out your routine exactly?

In BUILT We Trust

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

I will be doing rep ranges of 15.12.10. I follow a 5 day split.
    Chest

Bench
    Incline
    Decline
    Flies
    Upper Rows

Back
    Lower Rows
    Upper Rows
    Lat Pull Down
    Regular Rows

Legs
    Squat
    Extentions Ham and Quad
    Calve Raises

Arms/Shoulders
    Press
    Raises
    Curls
    Pulldowns

Off day.

I repair really fast and I typically do more than what I said. Whatever I can fit in for an hour. I do severall different variations of this because I like to change things up frequently but It follows this basic outline.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

For cutting, these rep ranges are not appropriate. Cutting is a game of muscle-retention while slightly starving. You want to be lifting heavy, in low rep-ranges, with your volume dropping as your cut progresses. Emphasize heavy compound lifts - squats, deadlifts, bench, cleans, chins. Minimize cardio; a little is good, but you don't need more than 20-30 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio after you lift, or perhaps in the AM. You can build this to include some interval work as you lean out.

BTW props for having such focus at such a young age.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Looking at your workout - I'd ditch the accessory work, and you certainly won't want an arm-day while cutting - not unless you want your bis to disappear.

I'd pick push, pull, legs for each of two rotating workouts for a cut.

For example,

WO 1
    squats 5x5
    leg press 3x8
    bench 5x5
    dumbbell bench 3x8
    t-bars 5x5
    dumbbell rows 3x8

WO2
    deads 5x5
    RDLs OR GMs 3x8
    Clean and Jerk 5x5
    Olympic bar corner press 3x8 each side
    weighted chins 5x5
    lat pulldowns 3x8

As your cut progresses, drop the 5x5 down to 4x5, then 3x5, then drop the 3x8 down to 2x8.

Rotate between these workouts at least three and at most four days a week.

Read homework 1 for info on how to set up your diet.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Good call MA.

In BUILT We Trust

Rep Points

So just for clarification I would be doing as followed. Monday Workout 1, Tuesday workout 2, wednesday workout 1, etc. Then one off day.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Monday workout 1
    Wednesday workout 2
    Friday workout 1

Monday workout 2
    Wednesday workout 1
    Friday workout 2

and so on.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Rep Points

It's impressive that youmare that educated on lifting at such an early age. If I woulda known half of what you know, I'd be a whole different person today. My only advice to you is make sure to me super conscious of your rest time. Your body can get way out of growth rhythm if you aren't careful. I look forward to seeing more from you.
    www.InfiniteMuscle.com

LIFE---> YOU CAN ONLY GET OUT OF IT
    WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT.

HALF ASS EFFORT = HALF ASS RESULTS

McBain

Rep Points

It looks great! Good that you're starting lifting early.
    Switch out the maltodextrin and dextrose for something natural IMO. Also skip the meal replacement, it's detrimental to your goals! They usually are just a handful of sugar. Fill it with something else, even if it's as simple as eating slices of whole grain bread with tuna. I attribute my success to sticking to nutritious and healthy whole foods.
    Built's routine is excellent for strength and growth, I second that. With the above and your age, the fat burner is unnecessary, you'll hit your goal easy

And of course, Stay away from the gear dude, starting this early you'll be bigger than some gearheads by the time you're 21
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" -Jimi Hendrix
    Check out http://anabolicsteroidforums.com !