• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Obsessions: 10 reasons we're excited for 'True Blood's' return

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Obsessions: 10 reasons we're excited for 'True Blood's' return

By Jennifer Smith, CNN
UPDATED: 11:00 AM EDT 06.24.11

The fourth season of HBO's "True Blood" premieres Sunday night, and there's no better time to take a look at some of the reasons why we love the show.

10. Yup, they went there.

"True Blood" kills it (sometimes literally) when it comes to the "Oh hell no!" moment. For you newbies, I'll be blunt. This show isn't for the squeamish, the easily offended, small children or those who don't like their shows bloody with a deep fried side of sadistic.

"WTF?!" gems from seasons past include Bill and Lorena's twisted tryst in Mississippi and Lafayette's bone-crushing escape from Fangtasia's dungeon. Only one scene can rule them all, however, and that honor goes to Russell's television takeover last season in which he removed a newscaster's spine with his bare hands.

That's hard core.

9. Haters gonna hate

Ask 10 "True Blood" fans where their loyalties lie, and you'll likely get 10 different answers. Truebies will also be more than happy to debate the show's hotly contested rivalries and bag on any character or species they feel is inferior to another.

Their opinions are passionate to the point of calling you in the dead of night to argue the finer points of Eric versus Bill. Our advice? Embrace it.

"True Blood" fans are some of the most enthusiastic fans around so pick a side and be prepared to defend it.

8. The few, the proud, the purists

Forget Vamps versus Weres. You'll find the real battle on Internet discussion boards between those loyal to the storylines in the Charlaine Harris novels that inspired the show and those who've read the books, thought "meh" and have welcomed the liberties Alan Ball & Co. have taken with the Southern Vampire Series.

It can get ugly, so gird your loins accordingly.

7. Quote me

If you like to harass, annoy, astound and amaze your friends with an unending stream of quotes from your favorite movie or TV show, you're in luck because "True Blood" has emerged as one of the most quotable shows on television.

Among our favorites -- and the only one that can be repeated here -- is vampire Franklin's excuse after he's scolded for decimating a slew of slot machine-loving senior citizens: "They wouldn't let me have a turn!" Heaven.

6. Support your supporting characters

This show wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without the colorful supporting cast.

Sure, Sookie, Bill and Eric get all the glory, and we live for Lafayette. But where would we be without the quirky residents of Bon Temps?

For every Sam Merlotte, there's a Maxine Fortenberry just begging to be loved. We know you've got your favorite lead character, but won't you find it in your heart to give one of these supporting cast members a forever home?

5. I heart villains

Love 'em or hate 'em, some of television's best bad guys (and gals) are found in and around Bon Temps. In addition to a whole slew of lesser villains, we've been treated to a serial killer, a hypnotizing stunner from Greek mythology and a vamp with a thirst for world domination.

Season four is sure to deliver by introducing us to Marnie, the ultimate wicked witch.

4. Let's get it on

Who doesn't want to relax with a glass of wine or three and watch criminally good-looking people in various states of undress writhing around in the sultry wilds of Louisiana? Nuns and 19th century schoolmarms, that's who.

3. Sookie and Eric, sitting in a tree ...

Speaking of sex, for those of you who have skipped important life events -- weddings, your kid's birthday party -- in favor of gnashing your teeth and rending your garments over why it's taken three seasons for Sookie and Eric to finally do the deed, you may finally get your wish.

Online spoilers indicate that all signs point to "yes" when it comes to the telepathic waitress and the sexy Swede doing the horizontal mambo.

2. Taking the suck out of Sunday night

HBO's tradition of the Sunday night drama has long been the perfect way to unwind after a busy weekend, although some of the network's offerings have been a bit, shall we say, intense. Who here hasn't been left questioning their will to live after a particularly brutal episode of "Oz" or "The Wire"?

"True Blood" is nothing but sexy, trashy fun that really takes the bite out of returning to work on Monday.

1. Joe Manganiello. The end.

Though his appearance last season as hunky werewolf Alcide Herveaux was sporadic at best, we're excited that Manganiello will be a season four regular.

Ready the fainting couch and fetch us a funeral home fan because man or supe (which is slang on the show for "supernatural creature"), there's no hotter creature on television today.

So that's our list.

Tell us why you love "True Blood".

From CNN.com

Last edited:
Not a fan of True Blood, but HBO still has a number of great shows. My main HBO obsession these days is Curb Your Enthusiasm. When Larrry David finally decides to call it quits, it will be a sad day for comedy on TV. Nothing even comes close, IMHO. I'm also very much a fan of Breaking Bad on AMC, which now has a number of the best dramas going. Enjoyed this past season of The Killing a great deal, and Mad Men is coming to the end of a great run. Don't watch a lot of shows on TV these days, but I do get a bit fanatical about the ones I enjoy.

i tried to watch that show once and i seen some sort of homo-thug with a du-rag so i said "Oh hell no!" and never watched that shit again

Back