IronMagLabs

It gets WORSE

Thread: It gets WORSE

Rep Points

It gets WORSE

I told you all about TwinLab discontinuiing Ripped Fuel, Diet Fuel, and Metabolift. Then I mentioned that several major distributors were discontuing thermos because of Twin's lead. This week we got a letter from SportsPharma recalling all Thermadrene from our shelves and just yesterday Optimum told me they had discontinued Thermo-Cuts (one of our best sellers, a clone of HydroxyCut)

Now, if that's not bad enough, the unofficial word from Designer is that Detour Bars WILL NOT BE SHIPPED ON TIME.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.

DP

jacked black college kid

Rep Points

what ephedra products are left on the market then. Because ephedra is a great supplement , ill need to stock up.
    "well when i need to bang out a couple extra reps, i think to myself the weights my bitch, and the bitch wont get the best of me, hopefully in the gym they are also playing smack my btch up by prodigy"

Rep Points

Tons....but the "trend" is scary!

AST
    LABRADA
    PROLAB
    MUSCLETECH
    SAN
    METRX

more more more

DP

jacked black college kid

Rep Points

ill go out and buy a couple bottles of hydroxycut then. But how long can a bottle last without me using it. Im on a bulk right now and I wont stop until i reach 240. Im at 210 right now 11%bf. I started at 200 9%bf.
    "well when i need to bang out a couple extra reps, i think to myself the weights my bitch, and the bitch wont get the best of me, hopefully in the gym they are also playing smack my btch up by prodigy"

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The same trend is happening in the prohormone area.

DP, do you know why they are being pulled? What has instigated it?

Rep Points

For about 10-12 years it has been drug company pressure on the FDA...they were selling less diet drugs and were pissed.

Almost every BAD thing that had ever happened to anyone on ECA was a result of abuse, overuse, or a congenital defect. The GAO even told the FDA years ago to BACK OFF!

Every year over 3000 people die from ibuprofen, or asperin (the prescription med figures are even more staggering)....more than 30 times the total deaths in over ten years of ECA use. But we never hear about this, ever wonder why?

So what you are seeing is a combination of what a few "next of Kin", can do to politicans that already are influenced by drug companies!

Additionally, the litigious nature of these suits, while starting out semi=legitimately....are now attracting those wishing to "Cash In"
    Twin Lab was even sued for the labeling being "to small". luckily it was thrown out of court.

so MHO......the Companies are moving quickly to limit their exposure!

DP

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think you answered my question in your final comment. You believe its attempting to cut off any issues rather than responding to say civil litigation, FDA inquiry, etc, yes?

Rep Points

Yes.... but it's also kind of the "writing on the wall"...too expensive, time consuming. etc...to fight a battle on so many fronts!

Easier just to avoid the issues! I think that is why the distributors are following the manufacturer's lead.

DP

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
    Yes.... but it's also kind of the "writing on the wall"...too expensive, time consuming. etc...to fight a battle on so many fronts!

Easier just to avoid the issues! I think that is why the distributors are following the manufacturer's lead.

DP
    I just don't see how they can let that much money slip away. In most GNC stores thermos are the #1 seller!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

My store, L/C foods, protein, bars, creatine and glucosamne probably come right before thermos.

Maybe protein first...we stock and sell tons!

DP

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

yeah it's a ton of money at risk!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Optimum dropped it a while ago, sportspharma did as well. Twinlab will have theirs gone this coming year. Ergo dropped ergolean. It is all coming down to insurance cost.

Capricorn

Rep Points

Could the other companies be discontinuing because of the deal that happened to Metabolife?

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...ght=metabolife

Ephedra company slapped for $4.1M
    In the first such case to make it to trial, Metabolife International of San Diego was ordered yesterday to pay $4.1 million to four people who had strokes or heart attacks after taking the company's ephedra diet pills.

more...
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/...8n20metabo.html
    MAX. Q
    by Howard Balzer

"Roughly one minute after the space shuttle launches, it must withstand a condition of extreme force known as Max Q. Mission success demands that all systems perform at the highest level.

In life, Max Q demands the same commitment to success. It requires choosing greatness, personally as well as professionally. It depends on balance, passion and courage and the wisdom gained from adversity. It is an outcome as well as an attitude."