• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Meal timing

Hammerlynn

Former Fat Girl
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Can someone please clarify for me once and for all the meal timing. I eat every 2-3 hours (2 when I've had only a shake the meal before and 3 when I've had whole food) so is it two hours from the start of the last meal or from the end of last meal?

Just curious......

I go three hours from the finish, and try to keep all meals the same size (I count a shake as real food, and usually have more to eat with one.)

I do three hours from the start of my last meal.
I don't think you are going to be able to get a straight answer to this. Everyone is different. Why don't you eat 3 hours from from the time your last meal started OR finished depending on when you get hungry next?

If that makes any sense to you. (It sounded good in my head but now that I am looking at it I don't know what to think.)

y is it that i get hungy faster when i take a shake and not when i eat whole food,even though the cals,pfotein fat ,carb levels are the same?

Raider,

Liquid will always digest faster than whole food, and you will become hungry.

Hammerlynn,

do you think 30min is really going to make a difference? It truly doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things. Stressing over tiny details is pointless. Just make sure your calorie intake is in line with your goals eat 6 times a day, for satiety purposes and you'll be fine.

yanick,when i take a whey shake,is it ok to eat my next meal when i get ,even if its only 2 hours later?

y is it that i get hungy faster when i take a shake and not when i eat whole food,even though the cals,pfotein fat ,carb levels are the same?

Raider, I had the same problem. The shake would just go right through me, no matter what I put in it. So now instead of mixing stuff into my shake, I just mix it with water and take it straight up. But before I drink it I eat something with some substance. I usually eat grapefruit or some fiber one (dry). The fiber slows down my shake and I am not hungry until my next meal about 2.5-3 hours later.

Yes you can eat your meal earlier if you are hungrier. Or you can split your shake into two. IE drink half at 12 then drink the other half 1-1.5 hours later. That helps me. Or you could do what P-funk suggested, ie have some whole food and then drink your shake. You can try adding fiber into your shake, like metamucil or flax seeds. That might help, although i'm not sure if it will even be noticeable.

Either way you slice it, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you cals are inline with your goals and you'll be fine. An hour will not make a huge difference either way.

Back