• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Test. level

PB&J

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I got my results back from my total testosterone test. It says it's at 276 and the normal range is 241- 900. Doesn't that still seem low even though I am in the normal range?

How does this affect me. I am 28 years old I thought I would at least hit mid range of the normal scale but i guess not.

Might account for me gaining 30 lbs in the last year and I don't mean hard muscle. I don't usually eat a lot, sometimes my wife eats more than I do and she doesn't gain weight at all.

Any suggestions?

wow, you are definitely a candidate for testosterone treatment, e.g. androgel.

when was the test taken? if taken first thing in the morning that is very low, you should be around 500/ng.

what did the doctor say? will he Rx you androgel?

The test was taken at 8:00am right when the lab opened.

I just received the results yesterday and haven't heard anything from the doctor, I am sure his response would be that it's in the normal range so I shouldn't be to concerned.

I am concerned though. It's very depressing in more ways than one.

well, it's not really normal because in the morning your T level should be at it's highest, that's why there is a range of 241-900. So if your T level was tested again at say 8pm it would probably be at 100-150/ng.
What kind of doctor recommended the test?

He didn't recommend it, I asked for it because I had some concerns.

Do the doctors normally call, do you think he would be contacting me or would I have to do it?

Regular MD I guess, he's pretty young, He got all suspicious when I asked for the test. I explained my reasons and then he said sure. Except he wouldn't do the free test like I wanted.

Originally posted by Prince
it's highly unlikely that a family practice doctor will Rx you testosterone.

try a Urologist.
A urologist??? :confused: Why is this?

gotcha!:thumb:

because endocronolgists are dickheads! ;)

urologists are just more liberal and they work with a lot of older men 40+ so it's something they do regulary.
Exactly :thumb:

Hell, w/ those levels, you could ask to be put on cypionate :)

Originally posted by cornfed
Exactly :thumb:

Hell, w/ those levels, you could ask to be put on cypionate :)

After one week of getting the run around, the doctor finally left a message with the nurse to tell me that he won't do anything because the levels is within the "Normal" range.
I asked to see a urologist but guess what, I need that doctors refferral to see one.

What a bunch of crap. I am totally pissed. I asked to speak to the doctor directly and he won't call me back.

Another doctor that really cares.

That's fuqqed. I know men who have been given scripts @ levels of 300-310ng. Demand a second opinion and tell him that he's providing you the service and you expect him to do just that. If a Dr. is refusing to treat you, go elsewhere. That's unethical.

I know is fuqqed, I will try to see another doctor, but it's so damn hard with the healthcare providers here. They always give you the run around and then you have to wait weeks to get a new health card so you can walk in to the doctor. I also wonder if it's because it's an HMO.

that does not surprise me at all.

why do you need a referal, and why won't the doctor give you one?

I guess it's part of the Health care provider's plan.

I do want the problem fixed, that test explains a lot. I have the option of changing doctors but It will take sometime.

Not asking what your specific problems are, but what type of problems can a person experience with low levels of testosterome? Decreased sexual drive would be one im sure...what else tho?

Originally posted by LiftHardGainBig
Not asking what your specific problems are, but what type of problems can a person experience with low levels of testosterome? Decreased sexual drive would be one im sure...what else tho?

Knowing the Symptoms of Low T

Some typical signs of low testosterone, also called hypogonadism, may include:

Decreased sex drive
Erectile dysfunction (ED)
Increased irritability or depression
Fatigue
Noticeable body changes, such as increased breast size
Reduced sperm count
Inability to concentrate

When men have a prolonged and severe decrease in testosterone production, they may experience:

Reduced muscle mass and strength
Loss of body hair
Smaller, softer testes
Osteoporosis

In younger men, low testosterone production may reduce the development of body and facial hair, muscle mass and genitals. In addition, their voices may fail to deepen.

About time!

Finally after waiting patiently I got to see and endo. He was really cool and when I showed him my results he immediately signed me up for a number of tests to see why my level is low. I feel so much better now that they are going to do more tests. He really took the time to explain things.
I was really down about the whole situation. Now hopefully I will get some answers and fix whats broken.

HMMMMM

Yesterday I went in to get a shot Of Test. Cyp. 200mg. I guess they are giving me a low dose based on the previous tests I had done in the beggining of this post, until the new test results come in to make me feel better.

I didn't even feel the needle. I don't feel any different today either.

Does the injection usually hurt, or at least do you feel anything? Bruising?

Any comments??

Back