Lebron James

Thread: Lebron James

Rhino

Rep Points

Lebron James

did anyone else see this kid the other night on espn2, he's got it all.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I only saw the highlights. I think anyone will have a hard time living up to all that hype. He is getting more attention than Wilt Chamberlain and Lew Alcindor did at that age. The NBA needs to do something to stop high school kids from going directly to the pros. The NBA level of play has gone down a lot, thanks to more and more 18 and 19 year olds in the league.

James is a awesome talent though. I hope he does well. Too bad he won't go to UConn.

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think if the NBA could mandate that its players had to attend at least two years of post secondary education, they would. Unfortunately someone like James (he's got his own damned shoe already) is already too valuable to them for ticket sales for them to put off people being able to see him play for two years.

Doesn't the NFL require players to have graduated from college before they can get drafted? I would love to see them try that in the NBA. Think of all these 18 year old kids making millions, with no education and have no idea what to do outside of their sport. It's kind of sad, really...
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by ponyboy
    Doesn't the NFL require players to have graduated from college before they can get drafted?
    Nah, the NFL has lots of underclassman in the draft every year. The NBA needs a minor league system like MLB and NHL have. That way, kids that are drafted at 16 or 17 get sent to the minors for a couple years to hone their skills.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Lebron is a freak simple as that

Rhino

Rep Points

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
    Nah, the NFL has lots of underclassman in the draft every year. The NBA needs a minor league system like MLB and NHL have. That way, kids that are drafted at 16 or 17 get sent to the minors for a couple years to hone their skills.
    the NBA used the CBA for that until it folded, to a certain extenet anyways. no one has ever come into the nfl out of high school, i tihnk you have to go to two years of college, but there talking about maurice clarett challenging that

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think if you entered the NFL out of high school you would get killed. Usually players in the NCAA gain much of their playing weight due to the intense "programs" (readerformance enhancements) while there. I also can't imagine any high schooler being good enough to compete at that level.
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by ponyboy
    I think if you entered the NFL out of high school you would get killed. Usually players in the NCAA gain much of their playing weight due to the intense "programs" (readerformance enhancements) while there. I also can't imagine any high schooler being good enough to compete at that level.
    Dude, a high school kid going right to the NFL would get killed. Can you imagine a kid fresh out of high school getting drilled by Ray Lewis?

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Like running over a turtle with a Mack truck.

Rhino

Rep Points

thats prob. why no one has, but yeah, the college workout programs are nutsg

*-==♠==-*
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Out of high school to the NFL, man don’t even joke with that. On the 1st practice their gona have to call 911 on you