• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

New Durbin Bill Would Change DSHEA

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
New Durbin Bill Would Change DSHEA

A new bill from longtime DSHEA critic Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) would change the way supplements are regulated in very significant ways and add a lot of new burdens and costs to the industry. All supplement companies would be required to register every product with FDA, including ingredient lists and a copy of the label. There would also be required warning labels on certain ingredients as determined by FDA and the Institute of Medicine (IOM). Also, all products with "proprietary blends" would have to disclose the amount of each specific ingredient in the blend (so basically, no more proprietary blends). There is more, and it is not good. Needless to say, this is a bad bill for industry and consumers. We are discussing it over on our SupplySide Community, and we would welcome your participation.

Not trying to start any kind of fight but I think this bill is a good thing. It won't help the reputable supplement makers at all (sorry ironmaglabs) but lets be honest.....right now the dietary supplement industry is fairly unregulated and just because problems haven't come up yet due to this, doesn't mean they won't.

Not trying to start any kind of fight but I think this bill is a good thing. It won't help the reputable supplement makers at all (sorry ironmaglabs) but lets be honest.....right now the dietary supplement industry is fairly unregulated and just because problems haven't come up yet due to this, doesn't mean they won't.

that is how they want it to sound and that is what they want you to believe, but don't ever think the government is trying to protect you, this has more to do with big pharma, they currently control everything in the name of supplements and drugs.

So we need a solution (government control) for problems that may or may not exist in the future?

Bullshit. They've already banned more than they should have. Typically there's enough info out there for the individual to make an educated decision on whether or not a supplement (including AAS) is right for them.

Dick Durbin looks like he needs a laxative.

225px-Richard_Durbin_official_photo.jpg

Similar bills have come up and never make it far, I doubt this will be any different honestly.

IML Gear Cream!
So we need a solution (government control) for problems that may or may not exist in the future?

Bullshit. They've already banned more than they should have. Typically there's enough info out there for the individual to make an educated decision on whether or not a supplement (including AAS) is right for them.

I am not ok with them banning anything, I am ok with them making sure the consumer is getting what they paid for and believe they are getting....

what we really need is a honest, legit, non-corrupt agency to oversee supplements and drugs, our current FDA is controlled by big pharma, its a fucking joke.

Because the FDA has been given powers it was never supposed to enjoy.

Back