• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

how do you make money off a website?

flexxthese

Addict/Self-Cert Chemist
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do the banner ads only pay out when someone clicks on it or are there ads that pay out by the number of hits on the page?

if any of you are in the field of/ or are good at marketing, pm me.

Last edited:
I have a YouTube channel and received an e-mail from something called Google AdSense. https://www.google.com/adsense/report/overview

They encouraged me to add my video to their list of ad-harboring vids.

My one YouTube had "lunk alarm" in its title and it had thousands of hits as a result. Made one penny on it before I deleted the video. lol

You have to earn $100 before they'll issue a check, though. I assume the income was based on the number of people who clicked the ad on that particular YouTube.

:sorry: Yeah, that was a "pretty much fail" response.

Good luck in your quest for Interwebz richez!!1!

people need to click on it if your using google adsense. if your talking about on THIS site I'm pretty sure people need to click on your banner and buy the product from the sponsor. Most people can tell you will be getting paid by their click/purchase when the url has a "hoplink" or "ref=34533", if that happens I normally just type in the web address manually because aint no one making money off me! :rofl:

hmmmm....thanks for the info guys. I'm curious if there are ways just based off individual hits. But I may implement a plan involving clicks anyhow.

also if google finds out that somehow your IP pops up by clicking on your own banner/ad too many times they won't pay you. You can however use the affiliate link/"money maker by clicky link" in google adwords which you would normally pay a little less than what you get off the click and use it for advertising, so if your getting paid .20 cents a click and you put it on adwords for advertising at .10 cents a click, that's an easy .10 cents in your pocket, but adwords last time I checked had a .45 cent per click minimum.

but yes youtube is a good source, or do what most do and make a site completely covered in links relating to people's searches. GOOD LUCK!

:winkfinger: Keep the info coming guys, i gots a plan.

anyone know any good domain registering sites or webhosts?

I went with register.com to purchase domain names, but have never really done anything with a site.

If I ever choose to really do something, like sell some gizmo or whatever, I'll be looking at readyhosting.com.

wix.com is easy and cheap 9.99/month or something but you have to buy the domain name too.

I have a wix site and I like it especially using adobe dreamweaver instead of html and all that other complicated stuff. It's basically drag and drop graphics and imaging.

also if google finds out that somehow your IP pops up by clicking on your own banner/ad too many times they won't pay you. You can however use the affiliate link/"money maker by clicky link" in google adwords which you would normally pay a little less than what you get off the click and use it for advertising, so if your getting paid .20 cents a click and you put it on adwords for advertising at .10 cents a click, that's an easy .10 cents in your pocket, but adwords last time I checked had a .45 cent per click minimum.

but yes youtube is a good source, or do what most do and make a site completely covered in links relating to people's searches. GOOD LUCK!

If you have a site already you may want to investigate becoming an IronMagLabs affiliate.

Check it out: IronMagLabs Bodybuilding Supplements: Affiliates :ohyeah:

Do the banner ads only pay out when someone clicks on it or are there ads that pay out by the number of hits on the page?

if any of you are in the field of/ or are good at marketing, pm me.

there are many ways, the most popular being Google Adsense, and yes those are pay-per-click. you can also get advertisers to pay for ad space, and there many other ad networks that are similar to Google Adsense such as Bing's.

there are many ways, the most popular being Google Adsense, and yes those are pay-per-click. you can also get advertisers to pay for ad space, and there many other ad networks that are similar to Google Adsense such as Bing's.

Thanks for the info! I think my route will be to go towards finding advertisers to pay for the ad space...now I need to figure out how to do that. Hopefully the page will be up tomorrowish.

Unless you have an incredible about of traffic, you will make barely anything in adsense. I would start your website without ads, build up a fan base, and then slowly integrate ads and affiliate programs into the mix.

Back