• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Swollen ankles

Jess999

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When I recently ran a cycle of test e, I got really badly swollen ankles. Is this common with aas or is there something else going on? Now that I'm off the swelling seems to be going down, so I'm inclined to believe it was the test, likely water weight in my ankles.

My ankels swole about 2 days ago. I took antihistimines

I subbed cause this is something I would like discussed

Check your Blood Pressure. It's likely high from the the test. Monitor it closely.

Your body is retaining water, it's common for your ankles and wrists to swell up. Did you use an AI? If not, that was probably your problem.

/V

I am not sure. I have not read a true pathway or theory for why, but research suggests it has to do with androgen receptors and the binding of testosterone to them. Despite the lack of certainty for the cause multiply studies do show that testosterone results in increased BP over time.

Edit - retention of water is important to notice because it suggests the cascade that the kidney has released renin which signals for the release of aldosterone (tells the kidneys = rest of body to store water) to be released. But renin also results in angiotensin cascade occuring that leads to vasoconstriction. The combination of more fluid the vascular system + a constricted system promotes higher BP.

Last edited:
estrogen induces vasopressin secretion which leads to water retention. also Aldosterone levels are disturbed so sodium retention is shifted. Other things also probably involved.

I am not sure. I have not read a true pathway or theory for why, but research suggests it has to do with androgen receptors and the binding of testosterone to them. Despite the lack of certainty for the cause multiply studies do show that testosterone results in increased BP over time.

Edit - retention of water is important to notice because it suggests the cascade that the kidney has released renin which signals for the release of aldosterone (tells the kidneys = rest of body to store water) to be released. But renin also results in angiotensin cascade occuring that leads to vasoconstriction. The combination of more fluid the vascular system + a constricted system promotes higher BP.

Good shit right here. Saved me from having to dig out my books :winkfinger:

To the OP, look into an AI and continue to monitor your BP daily. Also, weigh yourself in the morning....EVERY morning and jot down how much you weigh. Although I might sound retarded to you and whoever else is reading this, gaining 5lbs a week of FLUID is severely detrimental to your heart and vascular system. I know because I have taken care of a few CHF patient's and that is one of the "worrying symptoms" that your heart just isnt' pumping good enough.

Also, start to monitor your sodium intake and if need be, cut down on the salt shaker. Try to raise your legs up at night, above your heart, for about 20 minutes. It is a simple, yet efficient way of decreasing edema of the LE.

Good shit right here. Saved me from having to dig out my books :winkfinger:

To the OP, look into an AI and continue to monitor your BP daily. Also, weigh yourself in the morning....EVERY morning and jot down how much you weigh. Although I might sound retarded to you and whoever else is reading this, gaining 5lbs a week of FLUID is severely detrimental to your heart and vascular system. I know because I have taken care of a few CHF patient's and that is one of the "worrying symptoms" that your heart just isnt' pumping good enough.

Also, start to monitor your sodium intake and if need be, cut down on the salt shaker. Try to raise your legs up at night, above your heart, for about 20 minutes. It is a simple, yet efficient way of decreasing edema of the LE.

Great additions.

IML Gear Cream!
Lots of good info right here.
Certainly some things to watch for.

Ok fellas how about this then, since starting oral tbol the tops of my feet have been hurting, not swollen though just hurting, like I've been standing all day. Sorry if I am hijacking thread

Leaving out the Tbol, have you done or changed anything that might have caused this? Shoes and clothing or work environment or even exercise routine? It might be trivial, but it would he important to know.

I am aware though that some prohormones and steroids can cause "shin splints", but I haven't read about the feet hurting before...

I guess the only thing is (as trivial as it sounds) I have been wearing sandals more often rather then shoes...but why the top of the feet and not the bottom for the pain?

Readjustment of your feet to the loose sandals. If you constantly wear closed toed, tight fitting shoes and then started to wear sandals or flip-flops, the muscles in your feet have to work harder to help stabilize the whole foot.

I'm extremely flat footed runner and couldn't wear "slaps" without experiencing extreme soreness and pain. if it consists, then you might have bruised or aggravated a tendon or joint or even have a small stress fracture.

When I meant trivial, I wasn't being rude torwards you. I have to ask a shit load of questions when I am doing an initial assessment. Most of them seem really stupid, but every bit of info is helpful....

I don't think you were being rude, you were just trying to get all the answers. Thanks for the good info. I guess I will monitor this and if it doesn't get better I'll go see the doc. Thanks again Dj

I don't think you were being rude, you were just trying to get all the answers. Thanks for the good info. I guess I will monitor this and if it doesn't get better I'll go see the doc. Thanks again Dj

NP. Shoot me a PM if you have anymore questions.

Knowledge is power...

Back