• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tolkien Fans?

Vai Fan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Curious as to how many saw the first one and liked it, but more interested in who has seen the Two Towers, released yesterday?

Other than it being 3 hours long, I thought the first installment was fantastic. Bought the DVD....'for my son'.

Sadly, the only book I have read is "THe Hobbit." I have the other three but just need to get off my ass and read them.

The first movie was fantastic. I saw it in the theater twice. I have the DVD, but I really want that extended four-DVD set (damn marketing people!). The wife and I are planning on seeing "The Two Towers" Christmas night.

I have seen both, have the first DVD and both sound tracks!

Only a brief comment as I don't want to detract from one's movie going experience!

Both are Epic! :D

Myself and Son of Pain had a few complaints about some of the first 1/3 of the new movie (and a few about just some, not most of humor added for levity)....but nothing it didn't compensate for with gr8ness! :amustsee:

DP

Cool, so what is the 4-DVD set, just more extended footage than the other DVD?

I read 'em all, including the Silmarillion (tough reading) many, many years ago and in a VERY different frame of mind (wink, wink) than now.

We are planning on going either tonight or Saturday with a buddy and his family, depending on Mrs. Vai's work schedule. Mrs. Buddy is an OB/GYN doc, very serious in appearance, but she is SUCH a geek when it comes to Tolkien. She looked like a little kid when we saw the first one together.

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
I have seen both, have the first DVD and both sound tracks!

DP

BOTH??!!! You dog. I almost had the wife talked into going last night, but I got online and checked availability...they were sold out. Fuqqers!

How old's the boy? I bet the Ents (trees) are pretty cool. I saw them in the trailer...wow!

There is a directors cut of the movie with an extra 30 minutes....quite noticable and good....plus a lot of commentary.......really worth it. The other DVD isust filled with stuff like the Hobbit make-up, actors comments........locations, how they made it info...way cool :p :D

DP

Originally posted by Vai Fan
BOTH??!!! You dog. I almost had the wife talked into going last night, but I got online and checked availability...they were sold out. Fuqqers!

How old's the boy? I bet the Ents (trees) are pretty cool. I saw them in the trailer...wow!

The Ents where gr8....one maybe two exceptional lines I can't tell you.

SoP is 17 :D

DP

I hear the extra 30 minutes of movie footage in the 4 DVD set is worth it.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I hear the extra 30 minutes of movie footage in the 4 DVD set is worth it.

ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!!!

We are big Tolkein geeks in my family... Dad, all 3 brothers, our kids, fade & I...

We are going to see the new one Xmas Eve... so THANK YOU FOR NOT SPOILING IT FOR ME BY TELLING TOO MUCH!!!

Maybe in a couple of weeks when all us die hard fans have seen it we can talk about it in detail.

Okay, took the boy, Spencer, to see it last night....holy shit, was it ever good!

Incredible, definitely worth the $5.50 it cost us for the early show.

Gollum was just too damn cool.

IML Gear Cream!
Gollum was the Bomb! That movies was so awsome. Even better than the first!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: In my book!

I saw The Two Towers last night. Damn, what an awesome flick. You feel so sorry for Gollum.

Last night was a good night to go. Christmas night, and there was a heavy snowstorm. 12 people were in the theater. :)

We got to see it xmas eve... our 7-yr-old was cracking up over Gollum!!! He was just too cool!

I didn't mind all the extra stuff that was put in since it didn't change the basic plot of the story. The only thing that really bugged me though was how some of the characters weren't where they were supposed to be and how they made it look like the Ents had to be tricked into helping... and Elves at Helms Deep :confused:

Other than that, I loved it! Would I be too big a nerd if I went to see it again ;)

I totally hated reading the Hobbit in english class but the moives are f*cking awesome

Back