• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

12 Fruits and Vegetables you should buy Organic

Nightowl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
We all know that "buying Organic can be most expensive. We also know that there can be pesticide residue on the fruits and vegetables we buy to eat. What we may not know is how to avoid these pesticides, or what kind of harm they could do to our health.

These foods are referred to as "the dirty dozen" ??? they're the fruits and vegetables most likely to have residue from pesticides, and they're ranked in order from most to least toxic. This is where buying organic has the most benefit.

Peaches
Apples
Bell pepper
Celery
Nectarines
Strawberries
Cherries
Kale
Lettuce
Grapes
Carrot
Pears

When is it okay to save money and buy conventional produce?
These fifteen foods are the cleanest in the produce aisle ??? they're the ones least likely to have harmful pesticide residues on them when you buy them. Get them organic and/or local when you can, but here's where you can feel okay with saving money by going with conventionally-grown produce.

Onion
Avocado
Sweet corn
Pineapple
Mango
Asparagus
Sweet peas
Kiwi
Cabbage
Eggplant
Papaya
Watermelon
Broccoli
Tomato
Sweet potato

This is just a guideline to get you started. It may not always be convenient for you to buy or get access to organic produce, but do your best. Otherwise, take the initiative and explore the local produce options in your area. Choosing local sometimes outweighs the cost of shipping organic food from across the world. Local farms and farmers' markets are booming with abundant produce in various communities. Find out which ones are closest to you and get to know your food. Ask as many questions as you need to get the answers you want!

The Environmental Working Group is the first place I saw
such a list. It has been published all over the place after
EWG produced the list.

Many differences exist between organic and non-organic foods.
Organic foods have less substances that your body needs to
dispose of. These substances have been known to mimic hormones
and contribute to higher rates of disease.

No benefits to eat Organic over non Organic. Just a way for companies to take more money from you.

Damn I was just impressed after reading another post of yours about alcohol but I don't agree with this. I think you could use some conditional qualifiers like "many times" or "most of the times" or something. There is definitely a benefit in eating foods from veggies to meats that haven't been sprayed with this or that or fed or injected with hormones.

Damn I was just impressed after reading another post of yours about alcohol but I don't agree with this. I think you could use some conditional qualifiers like "many times" or "most of the times" or something. There is definitely a benefit in eating foods from veggies to meats that haven't been sprayed with this or that or fed or injected with hormones.

Most deffently agree, but however there are many companies that market food as organic that is really not a 100 % all organic. They still charge for organic price tho , you gotta be selective on what you buy ,jus with everything I guess .... I my self eat a lot of eggs and chicken so when my budget allows I stick with all organic ..You get what you pay for , but you don't wanna pay for what you don't get ....

If I recall correctly, 'organic' foods certified by the National Organic Program only cover the nature of production of the food, not what is done to the food at the point of sale. "Frequently", markets still spray the 'organic' foods with organophosphates and all that good stuff to to enhance their appearance. There's a reasonable chance that by the time the consumer gets a hold of the food, the organic certified food isn't all that organic.

Its almost impossible to know if you are being BS'd when you buy organic. "Organic" is a pretty loosely used term in the food industry.

This list you posted is really very good these are very beneficial to our health.

Its almost impossible to know if you are being BS'd when you buy organic. "Organic" is a pretty loosely used term in the food industry.
Absolutely it is damn near impossible, but it's jus like ur goodies you gotta find a reliable and local source. The super markets u jus never know. I go to a local health food store (hippies) lol they grow prduce and sell their own stuff..

The Environmental Working Group is the first place I saw
such a list. It has been published all over the place after
EWG produced the list.

Many differences exist between organic and non-organic foods.
Organic foods have less substances that your body needs to
dispose of. These substances have been known to mimic hormones
and contribute to higher rates of disease.

sosc,

Higher Rates of Disease

Exactly, which research has documented that?

Research: Organic food NO better than ordinary Food

Researchers from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine said consumers were paying higher prices for organic food because of its perceived health benefits, creating a global organic market worth an estimated $48 billion in 2007. Organic food is no healthier, study finds | Reuters

Kenny Croxdale

There's ton of information on herbicides/pesticides/insecticides/etc
in food and disease. Do some looking around.

Here is an article from Dr. Mercola that I stumbled across
today.

There's ton of information on herbicides/pesticides/insecticides/etc
in food and disease.
sosc,

Tons of Information

Now there a cliche! "A phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought."

Do some looking around.

Doing your work for you.

Evidently, you couldn't find anything or you were to lazy to look. So, you now want to "delegate" your work back to me.

Your an idiot, no matter how you spin this.

Here is an article from Dr. Mercola that I stumbled across today.

Stumbled

Rathre than stumbing around lost on the internet, research this.

I am not sure which is worse ignorance or laziness.

NO Research

I specicially requested RESEARCH to support your point. There no references to this to support it.

Mercola An UNRELIABLE Source

1) Mercola is a doctor. Doctor's deal with disease, NOT nutrition. That means they have very little formal eduction in nutrition (6 hours in college at most).

2) Mercola does NOT write his own articles. He "rubber stamps" his name on others, a "ghost writer's" work.

3) Mercola's ethics are questionalble. "Mercola has also received three warning letters from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for violations of U.S. marketing laws." Joseph Mercola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of Mercola's goals is to save you by selling your his "organic" foods.

4) Mercola's revolutionary "Sprint 8" program belongs to Phil Campbell (Exercise Physiologist) book-Ready, Set, Go. A book with research/references.

Anyone who openly rubber stamps their name on other work cannot be trusted.

Kenny Croxdale

First of all the article you originally posted does not even make any
statements in regards to hazard or disease. It says that the foods
do not differ nutritionally.

If you believe that all those chemicals that are meant to kill
insects and such have no effect on your body, then I think that your
logic is as good as your attitude.

I'm certainly not interested in supplying you with any of my time.

Back